Easter this year

smilie

I've been unwonked!
Since obviously things are a little different this year, what are your Easter plans?

I think I may look to see if there are any local restaurants doing meals to go to support them. I was fortunate enough to have gotten Easter basket things earlier. And I guess my DD will do an egg hunt in the front yard by herself this year. 😉

Our kids are all out in their own. We’re going to plan a time to FaceTime all together.

Making a decent but relatively simple dinner of chicken picatta, risotto and salad. We'll be having leftover birthday cake for dessert -- 2nd birthday so far our house will celebrate at home during this.
We're very fortunate to be able to see our church services online, but I know I'll miss the music, the gorgeous spring flower floral display our church traditionally has. It's going to be so strange not scrambling home to get everything ready before company arrives.

Since obviously things are a little different this year, what are your Easter plans?

I think I may look to see if there are any local restaurants doing meals to go to support them. I was fortunate enough to have gotten Easter basket things earlier. And I guess my DD will do an egg hunt in the front yard by herself this year. 😉

Wait... you are going to let the bunny in to hide eggs? What if he brings the 'rona with him? So many questions.

We'll do our typical easter morning stuff, make an egg bake (enough to serve 10.. our family of 4 will do fine with it), and then watch our easter service online (our church has gone to all video services for now). Then there will likely be ham (or perhaps corned beef, as that is my lovely wife's latest kick). We'll make the best of it, and enjoy a bit more time together as a family. Or perhaps we'll be at each others' throats by then? Its like Schrodinger's Easter.

No plans for Easter, specifically, but it's also my youngest's birthday. I bought a cake today at the store (haven't been shopping for 2 weeks). It has a bunny on it, so I'm just going to add birthday candles and we'll probably "celebrate" today or tomorrow, since I don't think the cake will last until Sunday.

Last edited:
We are submitting videos to help put together Easter service for our church. Besides that, we are doing a paired down dinner. No baskets (my kids are 23 and 20).

No baskets (my kids are 23 and 20).

Awww... my mom *still* brings an Easter basket over to me each year (I am 40), as well as baskets for my wife and the kiddos (Though I am guessing that wont be happening this year).

In fact, the adult easter baskets are sooo much better than the kid ones... less candy (though I do like candy) more things like a new family movie to watch, legos, or some science experiment kit for me to do with the kiddos. Then for my wife it is usually a gift card to get her nails done or a massage (now that I think about it, I think she might be getting the better end of the bargain). Man.. remember the days when we used to be able to get close enough to a complete stranger for them to give you a massage, or even *gasp* cut your hair? Those were the days.

This will be the first time in 40 years (as I turn 40 this year) that I won't spend Easter with my family. My mom is heartbroken to say the least, but we all know it is what it is. She shipped my DD a box of stuff (what would have been in her Easter basket at my moms) and when it arrives we are going to Facetime and let them open it "together". I had bought my own DD (9) an Easter dress prior to all this so we went outside today and took some pictures in it for the sake of a memento (its supposed to get rainy and chilly here starting tomorrow). I did order DD some Easter pj's on Amazon this morning; not something we normally do but I figured this would be a good year to go that route; they arrive Saturday. And thankfully I did have Easter basket stuff ready before this; well I was started, and with Amazon and grocery pick ups I was able to finish.

As for Sunday, we will watch our church's online services, and I ordered ham steaks for tomorrow's grocery pick up. I wasn't going to do a traditional Easter dinner but it seemed like a good compromise :) It's just DH, myself, and DD so nothing fancy in terms of meal. We will Facetime the family in the afternoon. We will make the best of the situation!

Easter will be just the 2 of us. None of the kids or grandkids can travel to come spend it with us. Will be having a traditional ham dinner, but with considerably less sides than we would normally have had with everyone here. Got hubby a bag of his favorite Reese's white peanut butter eggs, other than that, it will just be a quiet day. May find an Easter movie to watch after an early dinner. 🐰

I'm not sure what we're going to do yet. I got some basket items for my kids (they are 15 and 19 but they still like baskets). I thought about trying to do a big egg hunt in the yard for them -- just to have something to do -- but they're predicting rain here from Thurs-Monday, so I have a feeling it would be a muddy mess (and not fun). We usually hide a few eggs indoors, but there are only so many places you can put them.

I haven't decided what to do for dinner. I was thinking about steak cooked on the grill, with baked potatoes, salad and homemade bread. However, again... it's supposed to rain, so I don't know what I'll do instead. I am not personally a big fan of the traditional ham.

My husband wants to do our usual and get BBQ (we will obviously be doing delivery or take out this year). I am fine with that, but would prefer to get takeout from our favorite Tiki restaurant, they are doing Easter dinners and cocktail packages to-go.

I plan to fix an Easter brunch for just our family instead of having the larger family over for dinner as usual.

We will watch Easter service on line. I did order a really nice charcuterie board for later in the evening to snack on.

We will still be in strict lockdown. Thankfully we did our Easyer chocolate shopping early expecting a lockdown to come into place.

Wait... you are going to let the bunny in to hide eggs? What if he brings the 'rona with him
Our PM confirmed EB was essential services and safe

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12322921

Told my kid the bunny is in quarantine, so I am taking over. Hopefully we can move on from that fantasy now.

We are making a big brunch and will pick up boiled crawfish as well.

I bought all the Easter basket candy and treats today at the grocery store. My kids are 20 and 22, but they still love getting baskets. We’ll watch our church’s Easter Mass via live stream and have a big ham dinner with all the sides (rolls, salad, mac & cheese, potato casserole, green beans, corn, carrot cake). Yummy!!! I haven’t really decorated for Easter in years, but I’m going to put all our stuff out tomorrow to make it special.

I work on Sunday, but working from home I can put the church livestream on in the background while I am working. Debating whether to make a batch of spaghetti or chili tomorrow, and that will last through Sunday.

Jesus is staying dead this year. Focusing on the Easter Bunny instead.

I’ve been sending Easter treats to family and friends. We will have face time with some family members. We did go grocery shopping yesterday, and I will make ham steaks or corned beef as Easter dinner.

We will see our Easter service on line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter