Easter vs June

DisneyinPA

Mouseketeer
April 8-13 or June 13-20. Which would u choose? We have never been at Easter time and it’s been several years since we have been in June. I know the crowds can be heavy at Easter but we have kinda gotten tired of all the rain the the summer. Our last trip was April and the weather was perfect but it wasn’t near Easter. Thanks!

April vs June: I would say ….. it depends. My husband and I had jobs in education, and so, except for one trip at Christmas, we always went to Disney in the summer. And, then, we retired and went to Diseny this past April. We were there two weeks, and Easter was smack dab in the middle of our holiday.

Most definitely, April had the larger crowd size. And, on Easter, Magic Kingdom was packed. I mean, we could hardly move packed.

However, the weather was gorgeous. It was shorts wearing weather, but there were mornings I took a light jacket.

If it were just my husband and myself, like it was this past April, I would say-go in April. We didn't make any fastpass reservations until we arrived, and we got fastpasses for everything we wanted to ride, except FoP. And, except for Easter day, the crowds were manageable. We did a few sit down dinners, which we got reservations for the day before. But, again, there were only two of us. AND, we went with the flow. We didn't worry about cramming everything into one day. And, if we thought a line was too long (except for FoP) we skipped the ride. We did Disney in a most relaxing way.

Now, if we had been going with our kids and grandkids, although April still would call out to me, I realize I would have to do more planning. Those fastpasses and restaurant reservations would have to be made ahead of time. With a larger group of people, there is less ability to deviate from "the plan." And, I thought it was a bit chilly for swimming.

Hope this helps.

Personally I’d take June; I can’t stand crowds (you’re talking about an exceptionally crowded time of year around Easter) and my kids are too young to efficiently follow a touring plan to beat the crowds.

it won’t just be crowded, it will be CROWDED. If that’s okay with you (some people thrive in it!), go at Easter. The crowds will mostly be people who have no idea what they’re doing, so I can’t recommend purchasing a professionally built Touring Plan highly enough. They really do save you hours of standing in line on 10/10 crowd days.

I have a strong preference for June over Easter. We did Easter two years ago (coincided with our Spring Break) and it was the only trip we walked away saying we likely wouldn't do that time of year again. And we've been during mega-crowd times like NYE, so have a pretty high tolerance for things.

Granted not every Easter week is made the same given the shifting calendar. Our year it was the first week of April which put it squarely in the zone with many southeast traditional Spring Break weeks.

It probably depends on what you dislike more. Crowds or hot humid weather. With your Water week being a little later it might not be quite as bad. When it lands the last week of March it overlaps a lot of spring breaks. If you really hate heat, humidity, and afternoon rain then it might be the better option.

I would choose Easter because of the nicer weather. I went last year at Easter and plan to go again in 2020. I loved it! It will be crowded whenever you go!

Easter is a massive no no. Too busy. I’d take June any year. Be with family on Easter. Stay home.

I would choose Easter because of the nicer weather. I went last year at Easter and plan to go again in 2020. I loved it! It will be crowded whenever you go!
Late April through late May not counting Memorial Day weekend. And Late August through early October is a ghost town compared to Easter. Not even close. Late April to mid May is a great time to go. Crowds are very very light.
Easter is almost always spring break time.

We've done both and Easter was so much more crowded, but June is hotter. That being said, we prefer June because I'd rather deal with the heat than crowds. You can always cool off in the pool or a waterpark, carry cooling towels, etc. You can't do anything about the crowds.

We've done both and Easter was so much more crowded, but June is hotter. That being said, we prefer June because I'd rather deal with the heat than crowds. You can always cool off in the pool or a waterpark, carry cooling towels, etc. You can't do anything about the crowds.
Yeah I think I agree with you on that!

Oh no! We are going Easter 2020 (school teacher here) and Touring Plans lists MK as a 5. 😳 I had read elsewhere that it’s busy, but I hate hearing that it’s going to be crazy crowded.

We went last June 22-29, and it was unbearable. I’m so grateful that it wasn’t our first or last trip. It was 100 degrees everyday, and my 7 year old son was miserable.

It depends on when Easter is, our spring break was the week leading up to Easter last year and because Easter was so late the crowds were not bad at all. The Saturday before Easter ended up being a 4 and the least crowded day I have ever been in a park for. It got worse as the week went on but still wasn’t bad at all. I think when Easter is earlier it overlaps with more spring breaks and can be a lot worse.

Like many others stated, it is a personal preference. I would also consider where you would be staying, could you take mid-day breaks easily in June? We often go in the summer, but I make my son walk with me in the evenings beginning in March to get us both used to the weather warming up. The weather does not bother my husband as much as it does me. My teenager enjoys the later hours offered in the summer too.

It really depends on Spring Break timing related to Easter...we went mid-April years ago not realizing it was a big Spring Break week - never never never again! And I’ve been over Christmas so I know crowds! MK was so crowded that whole week you literally could not move independently- it was either go with the crowd flow or be trampled...

We went one year at Christmas and then Easter week. It was cooler during Easter week and we COULD NOT WALK down the street in HS. It was sooo crowded! I won't go in the summer anymore because of the heat but I wouldn't go at Easter if I want to enjoy the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter