Easter Week Demand Question

wilkydelts

Be Realistic, Be Happy
Easter Week 2023, this year is Saturday 4/1 - Sunday 4/9. Today is the first day you can start booking close to that week for the 7 month advantage. Today you could start booking for Friday 3/31. It does not look like opening 7 month booking even made a dent on the availability calendar. Do DVC members actually avoid Easter week since the point charts are so high? I am only going that week because it is our Spring Break. I would not spend the points that week if I didn't have to. I am just curious if 7 month booking doesn't move as fast as I thought or if it is a product of high point charts for Easter Week.

Easter Week 2023, this year is Saturday 4/1 - Sunday 4/9. Today is the first day you can start booking close to that week for the 7 month advantage. Today you could start booking for Friday 3/31. It does not look like opening 7 month booking even made a dent on the availability calendar. Do DVC members actually avoid Easter week since the point charts are so high? I am only going that week because it is our Spring Break. I would not spend the points that week if I didn't have to. I am just curious if 7 month booking doesn't move as fast as I thought or if it is a product of high point charts for Easter Week.
Hmm. I'm seeing a lot of studio availability starting 3/31, just not every resort. But that's not quite the start of Easter Week and not everyone books ahead of their start date. It will be interesting to see if availability begins to dry up tomorrow or Friday.

Last edited:
There is more spring availability than in the past. There could be a number of reasons why. Pretty soon after 7 months a lot of dates will disappear. I think Disney leadership is starting to drive some of their largest fans away. Attendance is down from 2019 #’s and not by single digits. Profits are up due to Disney raising prices much higher than inflation and the paid services Genie +. Let’s wait and see when the 50th anniversary is over how the #’s look. Granted that’s in another 6 months.

I usually go for part of Easter week, and I never have an issue booking 3-4 nights at any studio I want, even at 7 months. I’ve never tried for the entire week bc we always go to the beach for the remainder of that week. It takes a LOT of points even for just a studio that time of year, so I can’t imagine owners who have flexible travel schedules want to go then. We’re a family of teachers and our spring break coincides with Easter so it is what it is. At least we can stay wherever we want on our SAP.

That time of year, not just Easter week, has traditionally been a fairly moderate demand time, particularly when compared to the Fall Frenzy months (late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan). Where it can get dicey is for those who have arrival dates beginning the Tues or after of Easter week because those booking earlier arrival dates for Easter week at 7-months out can fill much of what is left for the entire week.

New question? Will DVC have any dinners for Thanksgiving? A couple of years ago my husband and I had dinner on Thanksgiving at the Contemporary, going again and really enjoyed ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter