Easter Week List and Bounce Ideas

jimim

DIS Veteran
Hello!

Ok doing my list for 8 nights at Easter week. Tomorrow is my go day. . .

We are like a 90 year old couple. We go back to the same places over and over but because they have been consistent, but we always try for something new. So to keep this short here is our typical list for past 3-4 trips. Last trip in Nov we ate at all these and every meal was solid but looking for something new. Just bounce some places off me. No preferences just what comes to your head. No character meals. We are past that stage. I mean we like characters still but just don't want to do any.

Flying Fish
Citricos
Narcoossee's
Topolino
Morimoto
Trattoria at Boardwalk It's always a solid place and my kids like it. it's an easy menu for them.
Steakhouse 71 for lunch.
Polite Pig for lunch day we land. it's been our thing lately.

Some thoughts:

1. STK Orlando. Read on here place is awesome, but reviews on all ears stink.
2. New Japanese place in Epcot? yes/no?
3. Jiko is out. We have always said it was the best place on property but past 2 meals were just mmmmh. I say this with sadness.
4. Yatchsman is out also. Again with a heavy heart cause we have eaten here for 25 plus years, but past few trips were mmmmmmh. Again with a heavy heart this is said. lol
5. Homecomin' is also off rotation. Last trip we left bloated and just not impressed. The food has gone down I think sad to say.

That's all I got. Very open ended. . . Let's have some fun. . . Give me some hidden gems. . . One comes to mind. Olivia's. Not fancy but when we have stayed at Old Key West we enjoy going there to eat. If not staying there I'm not hoofing it over though, but it's good.

Jim

I would throw both Yak and Yeti (AK) and Skipper's Canteen (MK) to your list. They have both moved up to be favorites recently. Last trip we also enjoyed our meal at Raglan Road. And bengets at French Quarter are always a hidden gem.

I would throw both Yak and Yeti (AK) and Skipper's Canteen (MK) to your list. They have both moved up to be favorites recently. Last trip we also enjoyed our meal at Raglan Road. And bengets at French Quarter are always a hidden gem.
oh we DO special trips over for them. That is the exception to the rule.

Is skipper's canteen good? I didn't think it was good so I never bothered.

Skippers has become our go to sit down at MK. We like it for the not typical disney food vibe and overall feel of restaurant.
Our favorite MK food is from Sleepy Hollow but they now only serve (last time we were there anyway) the nutella fruit waffle until 4. It's a meal for sure, but not sit down.
We also tried the plaza and it was good for a change but not an every trip kind of thing.

I don't have any recommendations for you, but following along to see what ideas you get and if we are going to fight over reservations, tomorrow is my go day too. We are traveling with our adult children and grand daughter, so my guess is our selections will be a little different.

The Boathouse at Disney Springs is very consistent. My husband doesn’t eat seafood but the steaks are excellent.
Il Mulino @ the Swan. We liked everything we’ve had there.
Via Napoli we like to split a pizza, & pasta or salad for a lighter meal.

We usually eat at Yachtsman’s every trip too. We had a few less than great meals in 2022. So we skipped it in early 2023. We went in December & it was back to what we were used to before 2022. I had a squash agnolotti as an appetizer that was amazing. It was so good, I told the waiter they should offer it as an entree. I would absolutely pay for an entree portion. I had a Coq A Vin chicken with homemade linguine that was very good as well.

IMG_1530.jpegIMG_1533.jpeg

I don't have any recommendations for you, but following along to see what ideas you get and if we are going to fight over reservations, tomorrow is my go day too. We are traveling with our adult children and grand daughter, so my guess is our selections will be a little different.
oh boy grand daughter. . . nice. . . I feel so bad for your credit card this morning! lol

I had no issues. 15 mins done. but I have it down to a science at this point. Harder places to get at end of trip cause we go longer then a week so I get a jump on the extended time of the trips.

how did you do? My wife and the kids didn't want to do Replan Road. I was surprised. It's a pretty big menu.

we added boathouse in this trip. haven't been there in a bit. It's good. Added Tratoria back in too. Kids like it and we were surprised that the food was good. oh I forgot to mention il Mulino. friends took us there 10 years ago with my parents. we were really impressed. we go back every trip. I totally forgot about it somehow so I added that back in too. they have really good veal saltimbocca which is my favorite fish my grandmother always made for me. the gnocchi is also good. not like my mom or wife's but really good. always a good meal. service is always awesome and the limoncello they have is actually locally made. it's very very good.

I put in skipper canteen on a MK day for lunch. Early lunch and then later dinner somewhere else that day. We rarely do sit down lunch and dinner but I figured lets go cause we do end up eating something on the run in parks. we got our favorite foods in each park for quick bites on the the go. MK is tough. All you really have is the spring roll cart (which rocks!) and sleepy hallow. they got rid of the breakfast sandwich over by BTMR which was really good. the new one stinks.

The Boathouse at Disney Springs is very consistent. My husband doesn’t eat seafood but the steaks are excellent.
Il Mulino @ the Swan. We liked everything we’ve had there.
Via Napoli we like to split a pizza, & pasta or salad for a lighter meal.

We usually eat at Yachtsman’s every trip too. We had a few less than great meals in 2022. So we skipped it in early 2023. We went in December & it was back to what we were used to before 2022. I had a squash agnolotti as an appetizer that was amazing. It was so good, I told the waiter they should offer it as an entree. I would absolutely pay for an entree portion. I had a Coq A Vin chicken with homemade linguine that was very good as well.

View attachment 827858View attachment 827859
I just posted about about il mulino. one of the most consistent place on property. food is always. the same which is what you want. feel. they don't try and mix it up. they do well what they do.

added boathouse in too. forgot about that one.

I might get flamed but I don't like via Napoli. I live in a small town in NEPA which had 12 plus family run pizza places and there is a true Neapolitan Pizza place next to us. He makes his own water based mozzarella and gets his san Marzano tomatoes and flour from Italy. 970 degree fired for under a min to pure heaven of a pizza. nothing can even come close to his along with this other ones. pizza is tough for us with where I grew up.

oh boy grand daughter. . . nice. . . I feel so bad for your credit card this morning! lol

I had no issues. 15 mins done. but I have it down to a science at this point. Harder places to get at end of trip cause we go longer then a week so I get a jump on the extended time of the trips.

how did you do? My wife and the kids didn't want to do Replan Road. I was surprised. It's a pretty big menu.

we added boathouse in this trip. haven't been there in a bit. It's good. Added Tratoria back in too. Kids like it and we were surprised that the food was good. oh I forgot to mention il Mulino. friends took us there 10 years ago with my parents. we were really impressed. we go back every trip. I totally forgot about it somehow so I added that back in too. they have really good veal saltimbocca which is my favorite fish my grandmother always made for me. the gnocchi is also good. not like my mom or wife's but really good. always a good meal. service is always awesome and the limoncello they have is actually locally made. it's very very good.

I put in skipper canteen on a MK day for lunch. Early lunch and then later dinner somewhere else that day. We rarely do sit down lunch and dinner but I figured lets go cause we do end up eating something on the run in parks. we got our favorite foods in each park for quick bites on the the go. MK is tough. All you really have is the spring roll cart (which rocks!) and sleepy hallow. they got rid of the breakfast sandwich over by BTMR which was really good. the new one stinks.
I had the same good luck, for the most part. Everything was going smooth, got all the ones I thought would be hard done, and was getting ready to do the last one and the MDE app freaked out and wouldn't show my week as available anymore, so I just opened a browser on my phone and did it there. All done in about 20 minutes.

Now I just need to avoid the shops, Grandpa is a sucker for buying her stuffed animals.

Boma?
Monsieur Paul?
Baseline Taphouse?
Tiffins?
Nomad Lounge?
Wine bar George?

I would suggest trying BOMA or Sannaa if you want something truely different.

I want to try Jaleo one day but seems like a waste with my children in tow.

We are looking to try Wine Bar George for the first time on our upcoming Easter trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter