Easter week, updating hours

mc-hokie

Mouseketeer
We visit each year from Good Friday to the following Friday. Easter is late this year, so our dates are April 19-26. Last year MK opened at 8am and AK was open until 10:30 or 11:00.

I have been checking frequently, but have not seen hours change at all for this year. We definitely take advantage of the earlier mornings in MK and hope to see 8am openings for the week we are there.

Thinking that late Easter is the reason and therefore crowds will be lower. I don’t expect low crowds and hope for extended hours.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

It may still be too early for hours to be updated. They have been updating them around the 14-17th of the month before.

We are heading to Disney World over Easter as well and I am looking at the hours everyday. Just thinking about the trip non stop!

Waiting too before I book mears for the rest of the week :)

QUOTE="mc-hokie, post: 60351522, member: 320740"]We visit each year from Good Friday to the following Friday. Easter is late this year, so our dates are April 19-26. Last year MK opened at 8am and AK was open until 10:30 or 11:00.

I have been checking frequently, but have not seen hours change at all for this year. We definitely take advantage of the earlier mornings in MK and hope to see 8am openings for the week we are there.

Thinking that late Easter is the reason and therefore crowds will be lower. I don’t expect low crowds and hope for extended hours.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks![/QUOTE]

I’ll be there 4/19-4/28. As a teacher this is the only week I can go other than Christmas (eek) and summer. Glad that Easter is late in hopes that many other districts will have made their spring breaks earlier...

Hi everyone, I see some updated hours for Magic Kingdom the week leading up to and the week following Easter. We are planning on going to Magic Kingdom April 22, previously is was open 9 am until 10 pm, but now it shows 8 am until 12 am!! . My wife and I are hoping our kids can keep up with us ! We plan on hitting the park for rope drop and staying until close!! Sometimes we make it, sometimes we don’t. It’s fun to try Then on the 23rd we will be tired and plan on relaxing at a water park !! Have a great day all!

Hours got extended at AK the week I am there too, April 27 MK & AK, and the days following at AK. I was able to switch FoP to 8-9pm on our AK day, April 30.

Just thinking about how rope drop is different for an 8am open at MK.

It’s different than a 9am regular park opening - there is no “Main Street open an hour before opening” setup.

They generally let people in around 7:45ish, the opening show is on the castle stage at 7:55am, after which the park is open.

Hope that helps.

It’s different than a 9am regular park opening - there is no “Main Street open an hour before opening” setup.

They generally let people in around 7:45ish, the opening show is on the castle stage at 7:55am, after which the park is open.

Hope that helps.
What time do you think is good to arrive at the tapstiles? I havent been there for an 8am opening since the new rope drop procedures.

What time do you think is good to arrive at the tapstiles? I havent been there for an 8am opening since the new rope drop procedures.

Hmmm, I’m going to defer to others with valid experience with 8am openings and Easter week.

If this were me I’d probably want to be getting there (at MK front entrance) 7:15-7:30 (I don’t like to sit around and wait needlessly) but I haven’t done a 8am opening in awhile so I hesitate to give specific advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter