Eastern Caribbean with Kids?

Kathubb

Earning My Ears
Looking at booking the Treasure with stops at Tortola, St.Thomas and Castaway with an 8 and 4 year old, but curious what we will be able to do off the boat? Any easy beaches or excursions at Tortola and St. Thomas that are kid friendly? Has anyone who has done this itinerary with young children have advice? We did a 3 night Wish cruise and loved it!

I would recommend looking at the excursion options for your sailing. When we sailed the first time my DD was 4 and there were not a lot of excursion options that we qualified for other than beaches and general sightseeing. This was a number of years ago though so things may have changed.

Looking at booking the Treasure with stops at Tortola, St.Thomas and Castaway with an 8 and 4 year old, but curious what we will be able to do off the boat? Any easy beaches or excursions at Tortola and St. Thomas that are kid friendly? Has anyone who has done this itinerary with young children have advice? We did a 3 night Wish cruise and loved it!
St. Thomas is super kid friendly. Lots of beaches and available transportation. I wouldn't say you needed an official excursion in St. Thomas. Check out the aquarium at Coki Point and Magens Bay beach.

Tortola, we've only been to once, and we did a non-Disney snorkling trip that wouldn't be good for a 4 year old.

Cane Garden Bay beach on Tortola and Magens Bay beach on St. Thomas are both attractive and family friendly beaches. St. Thomas also has Skyride to Paradise Point, which is walkable from the ship and will give great views of the island (and of the ship).

We did that cruise when my daughters were 1 and 4. We just roamed around the Tortola port (excursions were costly and at the time with a 1 year old and I didn’t want to take a cab without a car seat to a beach in our own at that young age). We did Magen’ bay in st Thomas, and shopped the port there. The girls loved the beach. My then-4-year-old still remembers that cruise 7 years later! They also loved all the days at sea.

We did this last summer with our 9 and 7 year old - champagne catamaran and private beach excursion were amazing!

On St. Thomas, I'd take the family to Coral World. It includes aquariums, a seal show, dolphins, a short nature/bird trail, available food/snacks and a nice store. There's also a great small cove-like beach there.

Check out Cane Garden Beach on Tortola.

This family’s video from their Fantasy cruise should give you an idea of what to expect.

Couldn’t do a link; just search YouTube

IMG_7280.jpeg

You must feel comfortable riding with your children in a Safari Taxi to reach many places in the islands.

IMG_7277.jpeg

I would recommend looking at the excursion options for your sailing. When we sailed the first time my DD was 4 and there were not a lot of excursion options that we qualified for other than beaches and general sightseeing. This was a number of years ago though so things may have changed.

For Tortola, not much has changed...

TheTimTracker is currently putting out a video series on YouTube from a recent Eastern Caribbean cruise with the same stops. They have a four year old and one year old on this cruise.

We'll be doing this itinerary with an 8 and 4 year old as well, at least that's the starting ages. I have some time, but I'm still figuring out tortola....St Thomas looks like it has a lot to offer.

The 4 year old turns 5 a few days after we get back home, so we just miss the cutoff for the Baths at Virgin Gorda....we'll just have to book another 7 day Eastern Caribbean itinerary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter