Eastern Rotation Question

Pugdog007

<font color=6666FF>Volunteer Alabama Pug Rescue<br
I've seen conflicting info about Sun/Thurs & Formal/Semi-formal nights. Which night is formal and which is semi-formal?

If you have Animator's for the first time on the "Best Of" night, does the show still occur or is it only the night that the restaurant's menu is served?

Thanks!

As far as Animator's Palatte is concerned, my understanding is that you see the "light show" on the first night you are there when it is a "restaurant menu." So, using MJ's chart:

If you are:
PLAPLAP: you see the Anim. Pal show on Monday
LAPLAPL: you see the Anim. Pal show on Wednesday
APLAPLA: you see the Anim. Pal show on Saturday

And MJ -- you know I love your chart!! LOL

I looked at the Eastern Itineraries from Barb's site from a April '03 Eastern Cruise and it conflicts with the link given above.

The itineraries show this:

Sat. - Casual Attire - Regular menu
Sun. - Semi-Formal - Regular menu
Mon. - Casual Attire - Regular menu
Tues. - Tropical (Casual) Attire - Tropical Menu
Wed. - Casual Attire - "Around The World" menu
Thur. - Formal Attire - "Captain's Gala" menu
Fri. - Casual Attire - "Best Of.." menu

It looks like Sun, Wed, and Fri aren't up to date on the web link or it was a one time thing on the April Cruise?

my DH and I got all "gussied up and fancy" as my Grandfather would have said, on both nights. We figured that we don't have that much occassion to wear tux and formal gown so we were going for it. We were not the only ones. There were people dressed down too though on the second night, so I would say do whichever you are comfortable doing.

Originally posted by I Luv Disney Cruise
I looked at the Eastern Itineraries from Barb's site from a April '03 Eastern Cruise and it conflicts with the link given above.

The itineraries show this:

Sat. - Casual Attire - Regular menu
Sun. - Semi-Formal - Regular menu
Mon. - Casual Attire - Regular menu
Tues. - Tropical (Casual) Attire - Tropical Menu
Wed. - Casual Attire - "Around The World" menu
Thur. - Formal Attire - "Captain's Gala" menu
Fri. - Casual Attire - "Best Of.." menu

It looks like Sun, Wed, and Fri aren't up to date on the web link or it was a one time thing on the April Cruise?

Now I'm completely confused. Can anyone who's been on the Eastern recently confirm?

I have been on the Eastern 2 years ago and that (what mmouse37 has) was the schedule then (on my particular cruise).

mmouse37 gave you a link earlier to go to that showed each day and the rotations, attire and menus, but then I went to Barb's (www.castawayclub.com) site and she has the most recent itineraries from last month (April of 2003) and it showed something different.

Sorry I didn't mean to confuse you too, I am curious to what the rotational dining/attire/menus are for my upcoming cruise. ;)

Anyway, hopefully someone will clear this up for us.:(

We were on the very last Eastern cruise (April 19-26th) and the formal night was Thursday and the semi-formal was on Sunday.

Ashley24: Thanks for the input. I wonder if it possibly changes from cruise to cruise? For what I saw on the first April's Eastern's Navigators it was reversed.

Do happen to remember when those special menu nights were and what they were? I am trying to create a spreadsheet like mmouse37 has.

Ok....the info I used when updating my chart was from very recent cruisers (after 4/3)....it is possible that the menu night varies from time to time on the cruise but currently Semi-Formal is Sun and Formal is Thurs....that is what I have on my chart. Just remember that DCL changes things without any notice so it is possible that the chart will never be really up to date...but I think it is pretty close!!!

If the info is not I apologize....I posted on the 5/3 thread (Eastern) to ask for clarification of the menu nights...I hope someone remembers!!!!

MJ

okee dokee! ;)

Thanks for the input. I guess I shouldn't rely too much on the scanned Navigators from April 5, 2003 Eastern's Cruise.

Semi-Formal and Formal doesn't make too much difference with me I probably will wear the same outfit. I really don't have that many dresses to wear right now. Being that I am pregnant I don't want to spend a lot of money on buying a lot of nice dresses when I won't wear them after the pregnancy.

Pugdog007: I hope they have helped you more than I have confused you.

;) :D

I Luv Disney Cruise,
The themed nights were exactly as you posted for our cruise (April 19-26) with Best of on the last evening, Captain's Gala on our Formal Night (Thursday), Wednesday was Around the World, and Tuesday was Tropical Night. Our light show in Animators was our first evening in that restaurant.
There was a DISer who mentioned the change in formal and semi-formal night before I left and I was wondering if it was a permanent change as well. It affected me only in what night I picked for Palo dinner ressies. I picked Thursday thinking it was the semi-formal night and my dh could wear his tux that night too and not have to bring an extra jacket. When we discovered the change, we had to change our Palo ressies as well because we didn't want to miss Formal Night. (Ended up canceling after all... but that's a different story). By the way, our room steward took dh's tux a night early (right after formal night was over) and we were planning on using it in Palo the next night. So if you plan on using a tux after Formal Night, please let your room steward know.
Ann

Ashley24

Thank you for all the information. I figured that seeing the scanned Navigator's from April 5ths Eastern Cruise would have been something to rely on. I wonder if I called DCL if they would be able to tell me when the semi-formal and formal nights are? We are thinking the same way you were with making reservations for Palo's.

Our Palo ressies are hinging on this info as well. If someone finds out for sure, please post! I would like to do Palo on whatever night is "best of" as I was least impressed with this menu before.

Thanks,
Pugdog007

For those who haven't seen yet...

There is a thread titled "Jennifer & Dave live from the Magic!" that gives more information on the Eastern Menus and Semi-Formal & Formal nights.

Semi-Formal is on Monday night and Formal is on Thursday night.

:)

I will believe what night is what once onboard!!! I still think Semi Formal is Sunday on Eastern...but I guess they could have changed the day as well. It really does not matter to me which night is which and I never plan a Palo night based on what menu....just whenever we feel like going.

MJ

mmouse37: I think I am right there with you. I am hearing two different stories on the nights. We are planning our Palo night to be the very first night that way we won't miss anything special.
:D

Here are the theming nights for my up coming Eastern cruise on May 17th.

Sunday - Semi-Formal with "Best of.." menu

Tuesday - Tropical night with "Tropical" menu

Thursday - Formal night with "Captain's Gala" menu

Friday - Casual night with "Small World" menu

Hope this helps you all.

i have read that the first night we dine at animator's palate is when we see the "show." is this correct?:p

I just returned from the May 3 Eastern cruise- our rotation was as follows-
Sunday- semi formal
Tuesday- tropical
Thursday- formal-capt's gala
And the Animator's Palate show was the first time we dined there!
If you get Sylvester and Joel as servers tell them the Fraser family says HI!!! They were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter