• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Easy change to Southwest reservations!

webhead

Earning My Ears
I can't believe this was so easy...

DW and I are flying to WDW in early December. We found a great rate ($237 for two RT), on Southwest out of St. Louis about a month ago. We live in Kansas City, but to fly out of Kansas City on Southwest was almost twice that much! It's only about a 3.5 hour drive to St. Louis, so we booked the flight.

Well, this morning we found that they now have the same rate out of Kansas City. I didn't think we'd be able to change our "Internet Special" reservations, or if we could, we would have to pay big change fees.

Anyway, the point of this post is, I called SWA and talked to a *very* friendly lady. She cancelled my reservation and then explained step by step how to apply my credit on a new internet reservation. It took all of about 5 minutes! :)

Round trip from KC to Orlando for two people - $250.00

I love Southwest!

You arent' kidding about SWA being easy to change flights. I have cancelled and reapplied funds online before in a matter of 5 minutes. Didn't even talk to a representative. I am really pleased with Southwest since I've been flying them the past year.

I'm glad to hear this. Southwest and Midwest Express are, as of today, the only airlines we will be using in the future. Delta had been included on this list but not after my conversations with three of their "customer service" people today. I would think that if airlines are having as much trouble as they say they are having they would try to make things easier rather than harder for their customers. Just MHO. :(

Thanks for posting this information, webhead!

I just called and had the same experience that you had...very nice CS rep...she verified that there was availability on the flights, cancelled the existing reservation and told me how to reallocate the funds on the internet site. Very easy...only saved $14 but now I have $14 to spend toward our Dec reservations!

Southwest makes it very easy to like them!! I've had very good experiences with their reservations systems.

Thanks again for the heads up:D :D

We like using Southwest (from Albany) because of the convenience of having direct flights. I want to book tickets for December 7 to 13 but I don't like the prices right now, a little high. Does anyone think that I should book them now then if they do come out with cheaper I could change it or get a refund? Thanks, Beth

Beth -
We needed grp tickets and waited on the edge of our seats for Dec 13-21 to be released. When they were we jumped at the
chance to buy them, even tho the price is not all that, we were worried about those dates filling up and wanted nonstop. I called SW and was told there is always a chance of price decrease and if so hopefully can get the sale price. Meanwhile it really feels great to have our tickets:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter