EASY crock pot receipes.........

phins_jazy

Christmas at the Fort
Hi all :wave:

We're going to Disneyland tent camping along with MIL and FIL in their RV. I'm looking for some EASY crock pot receipes. Did I mention that they need to be EASY receipes??? ;) I've been know to explode pots while they were on the stove. :rolleyes: So EASY is of utmost importance. :) :D :) Anyone have receipes that they would be willing to share? Remember we're going to be camping so it can't be anything too extravagant.

I like to make sausage in the crockpot. I just put some tomato sauce in the bottom of the pot (just a thin layer). Then I put the sausages in and top with more tomato sauce. Cover and go. I cook it on low all day and it is ready in time for dinner.

You can put peppers and onions on the top if you like to have them. And you can serve it with pasta or on rolls. The sausage are so tender you can cut them with a fork.

crockpot at Disneyland when you are ready for that meal......We love chicken with onions on the bottom.....then chicken on top......and then a can of stewed tomatos with seasoning and cook for 6 hurs....love it

This is my favorite crock pot recipe, and everyone loves it! I usually don't tell them how easy it is!

1 boneless chuck or bottom round roast
(big enough for a meal but small enough to fit in your pot with some other ingredients). We prefer chuck, it makes the most tender roast.

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 envelope onion soup mix

A few carrots, peeled and cut in about 1" slices

A few potatoes, peeled and chopped

Mix cream of mushroom and onion soups (don't add water) and coat the roast with this mixture. Place in crock pot and then add carrots and potatoes. Start this before you leave in the morning and cook on low all day. You will come back to a delicious dinner! Hope you like it.

I remember reading somewhere that you can use oven bags in a crock pot. You could assemble all the meals ahead of time in cooking bags then just put them in the crock pot. You wouldn't even need to clean the crock pot after the meal is over just toss the bag.

Ohhhhhhhh...........that's my type of cookin sha_lyn!!!!!! Anyone done this with the oven bags????

I want to say I read it in a cookbook I checked out a yr or so ago. Betty Crocker maybe. Something about easy melas or fix ahead meals or one pot meals.

These are my favorite really easy recipes.

BBQ Chicken for sandwiches

Frozen, bone-in chicken pieces (about 4-5 lbs, take off the skin)
3/4 to whole bottle BBQ sauce (I like Kraft Hickory Honey)

Cook on low all day. When chicken is falling off the bone, take out and shred chicken. Put the meat back in the pot and stir to combine with sauce. If it's too juicy, cook on high with lid off for a while. (You may want to cover it to keep out bugs if you cook outside.)

Tangy Pork Roast

Okay, this sounds strange, but trust me that it's good.

3-4 pound boneless pork roast (whatever is on sale)
1 can jelly cranberry sauce
1/2 bottle French dressing

Mix the cranberry sauce and dressing together before pouring them in. You can also put in a sliced onion if you want. Serve over rice or pasta.

As far as cleaning the crock pot easily. . . If your crock pot is old, get a new one. The pots come out of the cooker now, so they're infinitely easier to clean. Not as easy as cooking in a bag, but you don't have to worry about submerging the cord. The new ones also have a new setting, usually called Automatic. They cook the food on high just long enough to raise it to a safe temp, then switch to low so your meat isn't tough. Food usually takes exactly halfway between what high and low take. For example, if high is 4 hours and low is 8, automatic is 6.

This tops the easy to do list!! Even if it does have a less than appealing name!lol!!

Dump Soup[because you dump in all these canned items]

A large can of-Canned roast beef plus liquid-any meat will work I use browned hamburger
1 beef bullion cube or 3 small sprinkles of soy sauce
1 can of tomatoe soup or cream of mushroom
2 cans of sliced white potatoes,drained
2 cans of whole kernal corn plus liquid
1 can green beans plus liquid
1 can of whole baby carrots or a can of petite peas

stir till meat and soup are mixed through vegi's

for all day cook on low,if you put it together at lunch cook on high and you will have a hearty soup that just needs crackers or bread to complete the meal!!

P.S. this is one of those receipes that you can change around to suit your own tastes,if peas aren't your thing use a different vegi that you do like. And if I have them I will use frozen instead of canned but then you need to add water. Once I had some bottled beef gravey and I used that instead of the soup and it was wonderful!and top ramen noodles could take the place of the potatoes!! and if you like canned tomatoes use them!!

Play with it and make it your own best soup to suit you family's tastes and needs!!

I found two recipes:

3 lbs. ground beef, browned and drained
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
3/4 c. ketchup
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 t. chili powder
1/4 t. pepper
1/4 t. garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or high 3-4 hours. Serve on buns. Serves 12.

OR

1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3/4 c. ketchup
2 T. chili sauce
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. prepared mustard
1 T. vinegar
1 T. sugar

Brown beef and onion, drain. Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours.

I found these recipes in a book calledFix It and Forget It Cookbook (Feasting with your slow cooker) by Dawn J. Ranck and Phyllis Pellman Good. It has LOTS of good, easy crock pot recipes. Unlike other crock pot cookbooks that use ingredients you never heard of, this one is very sensible and down to earth. I found it at Barnes & Noble. Hope this helps and have fun on your trip!:bounce:

one roast that will fit in your pot
one small bottle of italian salad dressing
potatoes
onion
carrots

I found these recipes

Baked Ham in Foil

Pour 1/2 C. water in crock pot. Wrap precooked 3 to 4 LB ham in foil: place in crock pot. Cover and cook on High for 1 hr, then low 6 to 7 hrs or until ham is hot. If desire sprinke ham with liquid smoke before wrapping in foil.

Baked potatoes

Prick potatoes with fork and wrap in foil. Fill crock pot with 6 to 12 potatoes. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hrs. (High 2 1/2 to 4) DO NOTadd water.

Meat Loaf

2 lbs ground chuck
1/2 c. green pepper, chopped
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup cracker crumbs
1 egg
1 package brown gravy mix
1 c milk
6 to 8 small potatoes cut up
Mix all ingredients, except potatoes, in Lg bowl. Shape into a loaf. Place in crock pot. Place potatoes at the sides of loaf. (If potatoes are peeled, wrap in foil to keep from darkening.) Cover cook on low 8 to 10 hrs. (High 4 to 6 )

Have a GREAT time, sounds like lots of fun!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

phins_jazy,

I like the idea of the oven bags, I have no idea if it'll work or not but try it at home when you'll be there all day to watch it just in case. At the very least you could take all these wonderful suggestions and put the entire pre-cut, measured & mixed meal in large ziploc bags before hand so at most all you have to do is dump that evening supper in and turn it on.

Cheryl :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter