• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eat at Home 3!

Tonight- grilled salmon and broccoli
Mon - Cajun chicken pasta
Tuesday- taco macaroni
Wednesday - breakfast for dinner
Thurs - cheeseburgers and French fries
Fri - grilled chicken drumsticks and corn on the cob

Had my daughter over last night and planned to make a huge batch of kung pao chicken to use up some garden zucchini. Shockingly, we only had a pound of boneless skinless chicken breast in the freezer, so I used most of that, and added some beef and shrimp. It was like a dish I remember in restaurants when I was a kid--kung pao "king" or what my husband remembers as "Happy Family."

Tonight-- something to use up the thawed but unused beef and chicken from that--likely tacos.

Wednesday-- Yu shiang eggplant (garden is crazy full of Japanese eggplant all from one plant)

Thursday-- Scallops with mushroom risotto and asparagus

Friday-- Drunken noodles

Tonight- grilled ribeyes, baked potatoes, salad
Monday- Hawaiian chicken with coconut rice
Tuesday- pesto shrimp with pasta
Wednesday -cheese enchiladas with Mexican rice
Thursday-broccoli cheese soup
Friday- spaghetti with garlic bread
Saturday- eat out

Need to cut food budget in half, so jumping back on here after years away!

Our week so far:

Sunday - grilled hamburgers & hotdogs w/ chips
Monday - smoked ribs, corn, baked beans
Tuesday - Crockpot chicken and rice w/ green beans

And the plan for the remainder of the week:

Tonight - have homemade sloppy joes in the crockpot
Thursday - grilled steaks/salmon, rice, veggie
Friday - Lemon chicken penne w/zucchini (HelloFresh meal)
Saturday - Bulgogi meatballs, carrots, rice (HelloFresh meal)

Hoping to do a thorough inventory of pantry and freezer this weekend to help with making future meal plans.

Nothing :sad1:

We ordered a dishwasher from Costco and declined installation. Well, we discovered after delivery day that not getting installation meant they had to reschedule delivery. It'll be next week. Our old dishwasher is sitting on the front porch (we look like the Beverly Hillbillies, but at least the overgrown pepper plants in my flower box sort of hide it). We have no dishwasher, which would be not ideal but doable, but also no hot water in the kitchen. I'm not handwashing dishes in cold water in a sink where only one side works. Lots of fast food and frozen food and I'm so sick of it. :(

Sorry to hear about your situation @tasha99 :(

We had a change in our original meal plans. Our garage freezer went out and since it was 105 outside we lost a lot of things. We thermometer-tested literally everything and had to toss all of the seafood and chicken and a lot of the pork. Here is what we ended up having instead...

Wednesday we still had the crockpot sloppy joes since those were already cooking. Thursday we switched it from steak/salmon and had smoked pork tenderloin since it was on its way to already being defrosted from the broken freezer - threw in a side of peas and crescent rolls. Last night we skipped the chicken pasta and cashed in a gift card we had for Texas Roadhouse after a long night of double-header volleyball games. Tonight we are having the lemon chicken pasta meal from HelloFresh.

New week plans:

Sunday: Onion Crunch Chicken w/mashed potatoes & green beans (HelloFresh)
Monday: Crockpot 10 bean soup
Tuesday: Bulgogi meatballs w/carrots & rice (HelloFresh)
Wednesday: Crockpot short ribs
Thursday: Pasta alfredo w/garlic bread
Friday: Pork taquitos (HelloFresh) w/Spanish rice
Saturday: Grill steak w/scalloped potatoes & corn

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Last edited:
Tonight- grilled chicken and homemade black bean soup
Monday- grilled salmon and olive oil pasta
Tuesday- tacos
Wednesday- smoked sausage, mashed potatoes, green beans
Thursday- grilled shrimp with tomatoes, spinach and penne pasta
Friday- spaghetti casserole
Saturday- eat out

Tonight- chili
Monday- pot roast and mashed potatoes
Tuesday- going out for dh’s 50th birthday
Wednesday- broccoli cheddar soup (didn’t end up making this a few weeks ago, so it’s back on the menu)
Thursday- crockpot chicken parmesan
Friday- spaghetti or pizza
Saturday- not sure yet.

So I feel like I’m talking to myself here. :mic:

Tonight- porcupine meatballs, rice, broccoli
Monday- salad, cheese ravioli, garlic bread
Tuesday- grilled fish, roasted veggies
Wednesday- Philly cheesesteak sandwiches, fries
Thursday- Italian sausage with peppers, rice
Friday- eat out. I’m a teacher and I, along with the boys start a two week fall break after school on Friday.

Had an unexpected medical emergency with my Husband (meningioma) so need to cut all food expenses as much as possible as we prepare for the medical bills to start rolling in. We were very blessed to have almost 2 solid weeks of meals covered by friends and families. Now, back to the meal planning...

Tonight: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn
Monday: Pulled pork sandwiches, mac & cheese, green beans
Tuesday: Hamburgers/hot dogs, french fries
Wednesday: Pot roast, carrots, potatoes
Thursday: Ham, au gratin, mixed veggies
Friday: Pizza night
Saturday: Fajitas, Spanish rice

Saturday- eat out
Hawaiin chicken sounds fabulous

I have a February trip on the books! The best incentive to make a meal plan! Here’s what’s on my family’s menu

Bacon and cheese quiche
Salad
Strawberry and banana smoothies

Orzo with eggplant and feta
Rolls

Pork tenderloin
Rice
Zucchini

Soft tacos
Black beans
Chips and salsa
Pineapple
Have you tried making shredded pineapple pork in the slow cooker? we get at least two meals. I put a pork loin into the crock pot and season it with Tajin. Then pour an entire container of pineapple salsa over it and cook 5 hours. Once cooked I shred it and mix it with the sauce. We have it as taco or burrito filling, it’s also delicious over rice. Anything I can cook while I work is a win win!

Saturday- eat out
I realize this may not be the place for this question...but what recipe do you use for Hawaiian chicken? I'm intrigued lol

Ingredients​

Hawaiian Chicken​

• ~1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins 7-8 pieces
  • 1/2 fresh ripe pineapple
  • 1/4 cup pineapple juice
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp ketchup
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 5-6 cloves fresh garlic
  • 2 tbsp canola oil
  • 2 tbsp honey

Coconut Rice​

• 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice
  • 3/4 cup coconut milk
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1 tbsp Fresh parsley chopped

Instructions​

Hawaiian Chicken​

• In a food processor or blender, blend pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, fresh garlic and canola oil to create the marinade for the chicken.
  • Add chicken and marinade into a zip lock bag, mix well to ensure all chicken tenderloins are covered with marinate. Marinate for 1 hour, or up to 24 hours (the longer the better!).
  • Grease a grill pan, cast iron grill, charcoal grill, electric grill or non-stick skillet.
  • Cook chicken until it reaches 165℉. Flip halfway through. Once chicken is done, brush honey on both sides of the tenderloins and remove.
  • Slice pineapple into 1/2-1 inch thick slices and grill on both sides.

Coconut Rice​

• On the stovetop, in a pot, bring to boil rice, water and coconut milk. Once boiled, bring to medium low heat and cook covered (cover with a tight lid and do not open) for ~17-20 minutes (See Note 1). Remove from heat.
  • If using a rice cooker, follow rice cooker instruction. Use 1:1 ratio of coconut milk to water to substitute for the amount of water needed to cook the rice.

Combine​

• Serve chicken and pineapple on a bed of coconut rice, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!

I realize this may not be the place for this question...but what recipe do you use for Hawaiian chicken? I'm intrigued lol

Ooh i was wondering this too

Ingredients​

Hawaiian Chicken​

• 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp ketchup
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp canola oil
  • 2 tbsp honey

Coconut Rice​

• 3/4 cup coconut milk
  • 3/4 cup water

Instructions​

Hawaiian Chicken​

• In a food processor or blender, blend pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, fresh garlic and canola oil to create the marinade for the chicken.
  • Add chicken and marinade into a zip lock bag, mix well to ensure all chicken tenderloins are covered with marinate. Marinate for 1 hour, or up to 24 hours (the longer the better!).
  • Grease a grill pan, cast iron grill, charcoal grill, electric grill or non-stick skillet.
  • Cook chicken until it reaches 165℉. Flip halfway through. Once chicken is done, brush honey on both sides of the tenderloins and remove.

Coconut Rice​

• On the stovetop, in a pot, bring to boil rice, water and coconut milk. Once boiled, bring to medium low heat and cook covered (cover with a tight lid and do not open) for ~17-20 minutes (See Note 1). Remove from heat.
  • If using a rice cooker, follow rice cooker instruction. Use 1:1 ratio of coconut milk to water to substitute for the amount of water needed to cook the rice.

Combine​

• Serve chicken and pineapple on a bed of coconut rice, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!

Thanks a bunch! Can't wait to add this to my recipe collection :)

Yesterday was a successful day of eating the food we have at home.

Breakfast was donuts and fruit, lunch was a YOYO situation and dinner was meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn, and dinner rolls.

Here's hoping it continues today...

Monday was a success. Breakfast was biscuits & gravy with sausage. Lunch was leftovers and/or salads. Dinner was pulled pork sandwiches, mac & cheese, and potato salad.

Yesterday was, well, not a success. But we didn't go over our restaurant budget so I'm calling it a win and moving on.

Ingredients​

Hawaiian Chicken​

• 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp ketchup
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp canola oil
  • 2 tbsp honey

Coconut Rice​

• 3/4 cup coconut milk
  • 3/4 cup water

Instructions​

Hawaiian Chicken​

Coconut Rice​

Combine​

Thank you

I got a coupon to retry Marley spoon with a discount.
The first box arrived.It was definitely a hit. I’m keeping the recipes for future use after I stop the subscriptio when it goes back to full pric.
it was Greek salad with home made dressing and chicken gyros
My very picky family loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter