• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eat at Home 3!

I keep forgetting about this thread. Lol. I've been on and off it multiple times over the last several years.

Almost stopped on the way home from the store and picked up fast food. Instead, I drove past and came home and threw some breaded shrimp and French fries in the oven.

Tomorrow I'm making a meatloaf and Saturday I'm planning on making a roast in the crock pot.

I keep forgetting about this thread. Lol. I've been on and off it multiple times over the last several years.

Almost stopped on the way home from the store and picked up fast food. Instead, I drove past and came home and threw some breaded shrimp and French fries in the oven.

Tomorrow I'm making a meatloaf and Saturday I'm planning on making a roast in the crock pot.
We’ve been using the crock pot a lot lately.

I’ve never visited this thread before. We used to eat out or get take out 2 or 3 days a week before the pandemic. I retired last April, my husband this April. Now that I’m not working 12 hour shifts, I’ve been cooking at home a lot more. I go thru some spurts of having no idea what to make, so I’ll need to check here for ideas. We’re not adventurous eaters at all. My husband would eat beef everyday if I’d let him. I try to get chicken or pork in him at least once a week, lol.

So my first list..

Wednesday, My husband had beef kabobs, I had baked salmon with pesto & rice pilaf.

Thursday. I spent all day making a huge amount of stuffed cabbage rolls & meatballs. I make them for my 4 sisters, my brother & aunt & uncle. I try to make enough for a meal or 2 now & then freeze some for later. So we had the stuffed cabbage & mashed potatoes.

Today. I’m exhausted & sore from all that cooking yesterday, lol. So we are getting take out of subs & fries.
Saturday. Having the 2nd meal of cabbage rolls, maybe boiled potatoes.
Sunday. BBQ beef ribs, garlic sauced pasta & vegetables.
Monday. Tomato soup & grilled cheese
Tuesday. Grilled steaks, roasted squash. I have butternut, acorn & honey nut, not sure yet which 1 we’ll have.
Wednesday. Grilled chicken breast, cranberry sauce & another roasted squash.
Thursday. Hot dogs, baked beans. It’s my daughter’s birthday, they’re coming for cake from her favorite bakery.

We’re having a crazy warm, dry stretch, temps close to 80 for the next week. So planning lots of grilling while I still can.

Man, I need to get on this site more than 1 time a month, haha. I miss this thread and reading through what people are having/going to have for dinner. I've been trying to cut back on processed and fried foods and been trying to eat healthier. Trying to eat less bread too. I haven't come up with this upcoming week yet. But it's going to be skimping along because it's pay week, and money is tight. We used to eat out every single day, at least 2-3 times per day. Breakfast we typically get McDonald's or Chick-fil-A, lunch I usually eat with the guys at work and dinner we eat out. So try to start cutting back on eating out while also eating the same type of healthy (cutting down on processed and fried) and looking forward to following this one along to try and get some more ideas.

Yesterday was hectic so we had pizza and salad.
This evening I made another Marley Spoon meal L’aorange with fennel, apple and spinach-it was not the best.
Tomorrow the plan is for butternut squash ravioli with chicken apple sausage, marscapone cheese sauce with sautéed spinach
Weds Ham steaks with macaroni and cheese, sliced tomatoes
Thurs Chicken enchiladas and uncle Ben’s Spanish rice, corn
Fri grilled chicken bowls with onion, pepper, rice and teriyaki sauce

I go back to work on Monday after a two week fall break. We ended up going out of town and ate out a lot so time to get back to cooking at home.

Tonight - Tuscan chicken with orzo
Sun- vegetable soup and beer bread
Mon- Philly cheese steak with French fries. - didn’t end up fixing these a few weeks ago so I stuck the meat in the freezer.
Tues- homemade tomato soup- trying Ina Garten’s recipe
Wed- I have Bunco so the guys will have a pizza I got from Aldi
Thursday- lemon pepper shrimp with risotto.
Friday- I’ll go to the grocery and plan for next week.

Today we're having a combo eclipse and family birthday party for the September birthdays. It's pretty overcast and foggy here, though, and the eclipse is in less than an hour, so I'm not too hopeful about the eclipse viewing part. I'm making bo ssam, a Korean pork roast dish. The roast is in the oven and the house smells pretty good right now.

Saturday: Bo ssam (pork roast, rice, lettuce for wrapping, steamed bao type buns for filling, several homemade sauces, Korean spinach side dish, a couple cucumber sides, and kimchi. I bought a fancy pants Boston cream pie from a good bakery for dessert and it's getting delivered later this morning.)

Sunday: Leftovers

Monday: Meatloaf

That's all I've got planned so far. :-)

I go back to work on Monday after a two week fall break. We ended up going out of town and ate out a lot so time to get back to cooking at home.

Tonight - Tuscan chicken with orzo
Sun- vegetable soup and beer bread
Mon- Philly cheese steak with French fries. - didn’t end up fixing these a few weeks ago so I stuck the meat in the freezer.
Tues- homemade tomato soup- trying Ina Garten’s recipe
Wed- I have Bunco so the guys will have a pizza I got from Aldi
Thursday- lemon pepper shrimp with risotto.
Friday- I’ll go to the grocery and plan for next week.
What is Bunco?

I cook every night of the week except Friday. Our last week:

Sun- homemade macaroni cheese and roasted
Chicken and veggies
Mon- “marry me chicken” with garlic pasta,
Salad and Italian bread (this chickens
AMAZING)
Tue- roasted gnocchi/chicken/veg/mozz together on A sheet pan
WeDS- lemon garlic sautéed chicken and bsby
Roasted potatoes and roasted veggies
Thurs- spaghetti and meatballs, bread, salad
Fri- restaurant
Sat (tonight)- will do breakfast dinner

I cook every night of the week except Friday. Our last week:

Sun- homemade macaroni cheese and roasted
Chicken and veggies
Mon- “marry me chicken” with garlic pasta,
Salad and Italian bread (this chickens
AMAZING)
Tue- roasted gnocchi/chicken/veg/mozz together on A sheet pan
WeDS- lemon garlic sautéed chicken and bsby
Roasted potatoes and roasted veggies
Thurs- spaghetti and meatballs, bread, salad
Fri- restaurant
Sat (tonight)- will do breakfast dinner
Googling Marry me chicken !

We were on vacation last week. This week
Monday- beef stew, Tuscan bread
Tuesday - grilled steak + baked potatoes (husband), salmon w/ pesto + sweet potato w/ cinnamon & brown sugar (me)
Wednesday - stuffed cabbage, mashed potatoes
Thursday - bbq pork ribs, garlic pasta & vegetable, applesauce
Friday - make our own sub sandwiches
Saturday - home made pizza w/ pepperoni & mushrooms
Sunday - chili, salad, crusty bread

Today- Autumn chicken with roasted vegetables
Mon - chicken soup
Tues- taco Tuesday
Wed - spaghetti
Thurs- stuffed pepper soup
Friday- I will be working trick or treat night at the elementary school I teach at. We will probably get Subway
Sat- dinner at my sister’s house

Ingredients​

Hawaiian Chicken​

• ~1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins 7-8 pieces
  • 1/2 fresh ripe pineapple
  • 1/4 cup pineapple juice
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp ketchup
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 5-6 cloves fresh garlic
  • 2 tbsp canola oil
  • 2 tbsp honey

Coconut Rice​

• 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice
  • 3/4 cup coconut milk
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1 tbsp Fresh parsley chopped

Instructions​

Hawaiian Chicken​

• In a food processor or blender, blend pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, fresh garlic and canola oil to create the marinade for the chicken.
  • Add chicken and marinade into a zip lock bag, mix well to ensure all chicken tenderloins are covered with marinate. Marinate for 1 hour, or up to 24 hours (the longer the better!).
  • Grease a grill pan, cast iron grill, charcoal grill, electric grill or non-stick skillet.
  • Cook chicken until it reaches 165℉. Flip halfway through. Once chicken is done, brush honey on both sides of the tenderloins and remove.
  • Slice pineapple into 1/2-1 inch thick slices and grill on both sides.

Coconut Rice​

• On the stovetop, in a pot, bring to boil rice, water and coconut milk. Once boiled, bring to medium low heat and cook covered (cover with a tight lid and do not open) for ~17-20 minutes (See Note 1). Remove from heat.
  • If using a rice cooker, follow rice cooker instruction. Use 1:1 ratio of coconut milk to water to substitute for the amount of water needed to cook the rice.

Combine​

• Serve chicken and pineapple on a bed of coconut rice, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!

I made this the other night. We loved it and hubby had the last of it for his lunch yesterday thanks for sharing

Marley spoon was back to full price so it’s canceled.
Mon Apple Chicken sausage sheet pan with parsnips, carrots, apples, onions and on a second sheet sliced cabbage and garlic with EVOO
Tues Mac n cheese wit kielbasa
Wed Hubby made Shepherd pie
Thu Creamy tomato soup with home made bread grilled cheese sandwiches
Fri home made pizza and Cesar salad
Sat we are doing burgers since it’s 79 in NE In October so we are using the grill
Sun pot roast using the rest of the vegetables I had got for Monday dinner

Today - Cider braised pot roast with crispy sage potatoes

Mon- stuffed pepper soup- we switched things last week and moved this to here

Tues - featloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans

Wed - chili

Thurs- salmon patties, roasted broccoli

Fri - grocery day

I did not make a typo on Halloween. Since my boys were little I have been making “featloaf” for Halloween dinner. They are now 14 and 16 and still request it.

Attachments

• IMG_7650.png
    IMG_7650.png
    213.6 KB · Views: 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter