Eat at MK or park hop to Epcot?

Just to eat and go back to MK? No, I don't think that's worth all the time in transit. If you wanted to spend the evening in Epcot after then yes.

You said lunch, but I would totally do this for dinner. Do all you want at MK then hop over for the evening to dinner in EP. If you want to see fireworks, just plan it on your extra night - you have PH for that as well.

We are (rather last minute) planning a November trip to WDW. 2 adults, 3 teens, 1 tween. For the first time, we have park hopper tickets so going to different parks to eat is a new option that we have not had in the past. We will do one day in each park with a 5th day open to visit a park a second time. We have free dining and I am trying to make reservations. None of the table service restaurants at MK were good enough that we really want to return. I am wondering if leaving MK to go over to Epcot for a late lunch, then returning to MK would be worth the time?
Another vote for nearby resort hotels; check the menus and decide what your party likes.
Currently, we enjoy the Geyser Point Lounge. It's a relaxing and quick boat ride from MK and has a diverse menu that isn't overly ambitious. Pretty good bison burger tw/ waffle fries on the meat and potato spectrum and I enjoy washing it down with a black cherry mule. There is a QS with much the same food but the seating is a little less comfortable which is to be expected.

We don't hop just to eat. If you want to eat at Epcot, just split the day! MK in the morning then hop to Epcot and spend the rest of the day there.

If I went to Epcot to eat, I would stay in Epcot. Also, I would take a bus from MK to Beach Club and enter World Showcase at the International Gateway. I would eat in France, which is close to IG.

Edited to add: IG has always been super easy and fast to enter park and go thru security. Not sure how the Skyliner will change that.

Maybe since you have the opportunity to "bounce around", you could look at the half-day switch just for the fun of it.

I just want to help the OP out here who is staying on site & new to PH. PH is an actual strategy for more efficient touring & really is about being more than 'for the fun of it.'

1st because you are onsite you are eligible for EMH. If you can RD a morning EMH then use it, if you really can't show up until 30 min into an EMH (or later), than just avoid that park altogether that day. Same for the night, if you can stay til it closes, then plan an EMH, if not, avoid that too.
There are thousands of day visitors that don't qualify for EMH, so if you can handle the timing, plan for them.

2nd, you have a PH now & thousands of day visitors do not. They must pick one park for that day.

Because EMH can cause larger than normal crowds, its always a good strategy to 'hop' out of a morning EMH park or 'hop' into an evening EMH park.

So, if you use crowd calendars, you can start at a level 7 park but move to a level 4 park or vice versa & still benefit from EMH w/o staying in the same park all day that can get overrun with visitors. Hence the half day block planning method mentioned above.

I hope this helps put a bit more perspective on the 'hopper' benefit.

Last edited:
You could (I wouldn't, but if you really wanted to you could) save time by taking a Minnie Van from the bus loop at MK to Beach Club (to access World Showcase via the International Gateway), and back. A big perk of Minnie Vans is that they can get you right to MK's front door, essentially. But it wouldn't be cheap.

We are (rather last minute) planning a November trip to WDW. 2 adults, 3 teens, 1 tween. For the first time, we have park hopper tickets so going to different parks to eat is a new option that we have not had in the past. We will do one day in each park with a 5th day open to visit a park a second time. We have free dining and I am trying to make reservations. None of the table service restaurants at MK were good enough that we really want to return. I am wondering if leaving MK to go over to Epcot for a late lunch, then returning to MK would be worth the time?
Columbia Harbour House is a great option and surprisingly Cosmic Rays. Lots of options there.

We decided to do two mornings at Magic Kingdom and leave at 2:00 ish and spend 2 afternoon/evenings at Epcot and eat table service there. Now to decide how to handle Animal Kingdom!

Now, if you really want to up your game for park hopping (since it will be new to you) & it doesn't sound like you're planning to use it?? The only option is to stay in MK and NOT PH, but just to leave & come back???? Why did you pay to PH then?
Didn't this year's 'dining plan free' promotion require PH ticket purchase?

Personally, I would only hop over to EPCOT to eat if I planned on staying at EPCOT for the rest of the day. If I was planning to spend the rest of the day in the MK, I would definitely just stay and eat in the MK.

We decided to do two mornings at Magic Kingdom and leave at 2:00 ish and spend 2 afternoon/evenings at Epcot and eat table service there. Now to decide how to handle Animal Kingdom!
This is our plan! We will be there the first week of December.

I think it completely depends on your family, but my littles will NOT survive until fireworks. We go to MK at opening, hang until after the parade, head back to the hotel to rest a minute (change shoes if needed), etc. After that, we walk to Epcot (which is why I like to stay on the Boardwalk) and then eat what we want, ride a few rides, and head back for bed at 20:00.

My Animal Kingdom day is the ONLY day I'm not planning to hop at all, and that may very well change if the girls are getting too tired. I'm glad I have the option to bail on AK after lunch if they are too tired and then head to Epcot to eat dinner.

Have a fantastic trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter