Eat to the Beat Concert Series

RockNRollKittie

Earning My Ears
I would love to hear a little more about the Eat to the Beat Concert Series. I found little information on the Disney website and online other than who is playing and at what times. I guess my main question is around seating and expectations around arrival time. I have never attended a concert at Epcot before but I have seen the massive line waiting to get in. I did reserve an Eat to the Beat Dining reservation which told me it was for the 3rd show. My dinner reservation is at Nine Dragons for 5:30. The 3rd show is at 8:00. For those who have attended before and have done the dining package these are the questions I have:

1. Is there a separate line for those who purchased the dining package? Do those get in prior to the regular line? What is the benefit of going with the dining package over just waiting in line to get in?
2. With or without the dining package how early should one line up to get a decent spot up close?

Any other additional information or strategy to get a good seat anyone has please share!

Moved you to the Restaurants Board where there is a Sticky for all things Food and Wine. 😊

My favorite band plays at Eat to the Beat every year and we went to all three of their sets for two days in 2017. We did not do a dining package, so I can't speak specifically to that but I seem to recall specific rows of seats reserved. For the first show, people can enter the seating area pretty early in the day and depending on the performer, some do. It's a pretty big seating area and aside from a tree here and there, there's not really a bad view. The first set, we got there about 20 minutes before and had an ok seat. They then make everyone leave the seating area and those lined up for the next set will enter shortly after. For people like me, who go to more than one set, they join the end of the line and enter as soon as seating is re-opened. Even though the line stretched back to almost Germany, I still had a good (better than first set) seat. Then rinse and repeat for third show.

So basically it's not really much to stress over. It might help to share which band you are seeing, as many artists perform at Eat to the Beat every year and people might have experience with that particular artist/crowd. No matter what, it's not really much to stress over, you will get a seat and you can even see and hear from outside the seated area if you are early and want to catch the set beforehand.

It all depends on how crowded the park is and who is playing. I have seen huge lines waiting to get in and we have walked in and gotten a great seat 5 minutes before the group started. We have never done the package. WE usually show up about 20 -30 minutes before the first show starts and have no trouble finding a seat.
There have been a few bands where we had to stand in the back to watch, but that has been very rare.

1. Is there a separate line for those who purchased the dining package? Do those get in prior to the regular line? What is the benefit of going with the dining package over just waiting in line to get in?
2. With or without the dining package how early should one line up to get a decent spot up close?

Any other additional information or strategy to get a good seat anyone has please share!

There is a separate line for those who do the dining package. Occasionally, they might offer wrist bands to AP holders, too. Usually, these groups line up on the left side and standby is to the right. The left side line will be on the left side of the stage up in the front. If you're late and they are already letting people sit down, you maybe told just to find whatever seat you can and it may no longer be in section with the Eat to Beat people. Standby enters on the right and fills up all the other seats not reserved. If you're going to see a very popular group like 98 degrees or Boys II Men, you might want to splurge on the Eat the Beat package. If who you are seeing has played there before you could probably search YouTube for videos to see how much of a crowd there was at those times. Obviously, with a dining package you don't have to line up as early as with standby but again, this depends on how popular the group is.

If it's not that important of a group or someone you're not sure if you want to see, you can still see the performance from standing outside the last set of seats (usually there is a rope going across.) You can even sit at the fountain in the American pavilion and just listen to the music.

My other tip, is I think the 3rd show of the evening is usually the best one. Even with Boys II Men, which is usually packed. The first show, everyone is sitting down and the artists don't seem as engaged. By the 3rd show the audience is standing up, singing along, and the artists are engaging the crowds, running up and down the isles, taking pics, etc. It's crazy how different the shows can be.

I’ve gone to Food and Wine for the part 6 years exclusively for some of the ETTB acts. I’ve been doing the dining package since it has been offered, and the AP wristbands stopped. When I called in to find out this year what was being offered for AP holders, they said in lieu of the AP wristbands that AP holders would be the only onesoffered a discount on the ETTB dining package.

1) separate line yes, but depending on the act, people with the dining package can and will line up while the other shows are happening (98 degrees and Hanson especially). Like someone else mentioned, they theatre is left open for the first show. People can and will go at park opening and sit in the front row until 5:30pm. They make everyone exit the theatre after the first show and line up again if they are also attending the second show, but by that time the line for the second show is already pretty long. The dining package is the only way to guarantee a good seat if you don’t want to wait in line all day for acts with a die hard fan base.
2) the dining package has the first 10 rows of the left side of the theatre reserved for them. You are guaranteed to be at least that close regardless of what time you show up BEFORE the show starts. There is usually a second line of people waiting to grab the dining package seats that are not full as well (they usually hold more space than passes distributed and open up the remaining spaces to the general audience right when the show starts).

There is a separate line for those who do the dining package. Occasionally, they might offer wrist bands to AP holders, too. Usually, these groups line up on the left side and standby is to the right. The left side line will be on the left side of the stage up in the front. If you're late and they are already letting people sit down, you maybe told just to find whatever seat you can and it may no longer be in section with the Eat to Beat people. Standby enters on the right and fills up all the other seats not reserved. If you're going to see a very popular group like 98 degrees or Boys II Men, you might want to splurge on the Eat the Beat package. If who you are seeing has played there before you could probably search YouTube for videos to see how much of a crowd there was at those times. Obviously, with a dining package you don't have to line up as early as with standby but again, this depends on how popular the group is.

If it's not that important of a group or someone you're not sure if you want to see, you can still see the performance from standing outside the last set of seats (usually there is a rope going across.) You can even sit at the fountain in the American pavilion and just listen to the music.

My other tip, is I think the 3rd show of the evening is usually the best one. Even with Boys II Men, which is usually packed. The first show, everyone is sitting down and the artists don't seem as engaged. By the 3rd show the audience is standing up, singing along, and the artists are engaging the crowds, running up and down the isles, taking pics, etc. It's crazy how different the shows can be.
Great info. I have the eat to the beat package for Boyz II Men for the second show. I want to wait in line for the first show then get in the eat to the beat line for the second show then maybe hang around to listen if I can’t get in the 3rd show. I love their music and I get to show support for a Philly group. Your post really helped me figure out my options

It all depends on how crowded the park is and who is playing. I have seen huge lines waiting to get in and we have walked in and gotten a great seat 5 minutes before the group started. We have never done the package. WE usually show up about 20 -30 minutes before the first show starts and have no trouble finding a seat.
There have been a few bands where we had to stand in the back to watch, but that has been very rare.
Thank you!

I’ve gone to Food and Wine for the part 6 years exclusively for some of the ETTB acts. I’ve been doing the dining package since it has been offered, and the AP wristbands stopped. When I called in to find out this year what was being offered for AP holders, they said in lieu of the AP wristbands that AP holders would be the only onesoffered a discount on the ETTB dining package.

1) separate line yes, but depending on the act, people with the dining package can and will line up while the other shows are happening (98 degrees and Hanson especially). Like someone else mentioned, they theatre is left open for the first show. People can and will go at park opening and sit in the front row until 5:30pm. They make everyone exit the theatre after the first show and line up again if they are also attending the second show, but by that time the line for the second show is already pretty long. The dining package is the only way to guarantee a good seat if you don’t want to wait in line all day for acts with a die hard fan base.
2) the dining package has the first 10 rows of the left side of the theatre reserved for them. You are guaranteed to be at least that close regardless of what time you show up BEFORE the show starts. There is usually a second line of people waiting to grab the dining package seats that are not full as well (they usually hold more space than passes distributed and open up the remaining spaces to the general audience right when the show starts).
This was very helpful, thank you! I am going for Hanson and I know they definitely have die hard fans. Our dinner reservation is at 5:30 for the 8:00 show so I figured we would line up after dinner and watch the 2nd show from the line.

Thank you! This was very helpful

Ah yes, the band I am referring to is Hanson! There are def people who get there early to get close spots but as I mentioned, I had no problems getting spots for all three sets without waiting. Let me know if you have any other questions about when they play there! Have fun!

Last edited:
Ah yes, the band I am referring to is Hanson! There are def people who get there early to get close spots but as I mentioned, I had no problems getting spots for all three sets without waiting. Let me know if you have any other questions about when they play there! Have fun!

It’s funny, I don’t know anyone else who works the ETTB system like Hanson fans lol.

I basically had to learn it because I refused to waste valuable park time waiting in line for anything.

It’s funny, I don’t know anyone else who works the ETTB system like Hanson fans lol.

I basically had to learn it because I refused to waste valuable park time waiting in line for anything.

Oh yeah, I didn't wait extra for anything either. I was with two friends who like Hanson, but it was their first time ever seeing them. The only thing we did specifically because of ETTB was plan to be at Epcot two days in a row (a full day one day, then MK in the morning, Epcot in the afternoon/evening the next day). We got some F&W snacks between sets (one person saved seats) and that was basically it, haha. There were def some people that opted to skip the first set entirely to be first in line for the second one, though. That's not really my thing!

in my opinion you only need a dining package if you want a sure shot at sitting front and center.

That standby line might look long, but it's deceptive, the theater can hold a lot of people. I don't usually get in it. I wait until they open the ropes and then walk in.

My favorite band plays at Eat to the Beat every year and we went to all three of their sets for two days in 2017. We did not do a dining package, so I can't speak specifically to that but I seem to recall specific rows of seats reserved. For the first show, people can enter the seating area pretty early in the day and depending on the performer, some do. It's a pretty big seating area and aside from a tree here and there, there's not really a bad view. The first set, we got there about 20 minutes before and had an ok seat. They then make everyone leave the seating area and those lined up for the next set will enter shortly after. For people like me, who go to more than one set, they join the end of the line and enter as soon as seating is re-opened. Even though the line stretched back to almost Germany, I still had a good (better than first set) seat. Then rinse and repeat for third show.

So basically it's not really much to stress over. It might help to share which band you are seeing, as many artists perform at Eat to the Beat every year and people might have experience with that particular artist/crowd. No matter what, it's not really much to stress over, you will get a seat and you can even see and hear from outside the seated area if you are early and want to catch the set beforehand.

This is very reassuring! I'm going to see Hanson at ETTB for the first time this year. Super excited because I haven't seen Hanson in concert since... I think 2000! I booked a dining package for one of the days, but I'm a little bummed about it because I don't particularly care to eat at a restaurant; I'd rather be doing F&W booths. So then, it is possible to see them without a dining package. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Yay, have so much fun! I really loved being able to tie Hanson into my Disney vacation a few years ago! I definitely recommend going to all three sets, as they do their best to mix it up and while you will hear a few songs more than once, you'll also get more variety!

Yay, have so much fun! I really loved being able to tie Hanson into my Disney vacation a few years ago! I definitely recommend going to all three sets, as they do their best to mix it up and while you will hear a few songs more than once, you'll also get more variety!

I will be there the 28th and 29th. Unfortunately I have to head home the morning of the 30th so I will miss the last day. So I definitely plan to hit all 6 shows over those 2 nights!

This is very reassuring! I'm going to see Hanson at ETTB for the first time this year. Super excited because I haven't seen Hanson in concert since... I think 2000! I booked a dining package for one of the days, but I'm a little bummed about it because I don't particularly care to eat at a restaurant; I'd rather be doing F&W booths. So then, it is possible to see them without a dining package. Thank you for sharing your experience!

ETTB is the best way to see them IMO. A lot of their music now is only released through their fan club and I used go to shows and not know half the songs. They seem to play more songs from the albums actually available to the public at these shows, so you basically get 3 sets a day of songs you may actually know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter