Eat to the Beat Concert...so many questions

kiwi2013

Mouseketeer
Just saw the lineup for the Eat to the Beat Concert series :woohoo:
and I would love to attend,only thing is I have never been to one before.
Please help with the following questions as well as adding any tips or suggestions you may have :)
**How early do you have to be there
**Is there seating or standing room only
**Is this held inside a venue,thus is there a limit to the number of people able to view the concert
**How long does each act perform for
**What is the best time to attend

Thanks in advance for all your help

Just saw the lineup for the Eat to the Beat Concert series :woohoo:
and I would love to attend,only thing is I have never been to one before.
Please help with the following questions as well as adding any tips or suggestions you may have :)
**Is this held inside a venue,thus is there a limit to the number of people able to view the concert

Thanks in advance for all your help

The crowds depend on how popular the band performing is. I've gone numerous years to see Hanson and people begin lining up in the morning. Typically they hand out little cards to the first 100 people in line to avoid people jumping ahead of those who waited. EttB is held at the American Gardens Theatre and is an outdoor seated venue however the front section is covered for protection from rain/heat. Each band/artist performs 3 sets that are 30 minutes in length (they empty the theater in between sets so if you're front row for the first one you can't hold that spot).

Please help with the following questions as well as adding any tips or suggestions you may have
There are 3 performances each night. Depending how popular the act is the earlier you need to get into line.
There is seating. Some is covered - some is not
The concerts are in the performing stage across from the American pavilion at EPCOT. You will need to have an admission ticket to EPCOT to get into the park to reach this location.
I believe each set is 30-40 minutes long. Usually each set has different songs.
I always find the first performance at 5:30 is easier to get into as most folks are eating supper at that time.
If you only want to hear - and don't have to see you can easily enjoy the music from the outdoor seating area of the restaurant located in the American pavilion.
Sorry - I don't remember what the capacity of the seating area is for this stage. Somewhere between 300-500 I would guess.

According to a couple of stage managers at the theater that I've talked with, the official seating capacity is a bit over 1600. They do allow people to sit on the planters and stand on the sides and in the back so the true capacity is closer to 1800.

In other words, this theater is a people eater. If you see the queue stretching to Italy and beyond, don't be daunted. When a queue of this size is loaded, the theater won't even be half filled. We rarely queue up and always, and I mean always get a seat. I don't have the need to sit down front, and as far as I'm concerned, there really aren't any bad seats in the theater.

For reasons that I suppose escape me, the first show is always the busiest. This is true no matter whether it's Eat to the Beat, Flower Power, Sounds Like Summer, and even Candlelight. Just the way it is.

As others have said, how busy the shows will be is somewhat dependent on the group, but bear in mind that Friday/Saturday will be nuts, simply because all of World Showcase is nuts.

We have never had a problem getting a seat and we always come in 5 minutes or less before showtime. Last year we saw Smash Mouth and had no problem. We tend to go to the later shows because we are busy enjoying the food and wine during the earlier sets. ;)

I can't speak to who the super-popular groups would be other than Hanson where you might have an issue. We were in Epcot earlier in the day on the day that Hanson was performing and we saw the queue. CMs were even talking about how crazy it was. (We did not choose to see the Hanson show.)

The first show is always the busiest,for the really popular groups you'll see people already lining up around 1-2pm for a 5:30 show,so if you want to be near the front the first show is the one to avoid unless you like waiting 2-4 hours before.With that said the theater does hold a lot of people and even if you see a huge line they will all fit in the theater.The last show will be the least busy so I would suggest seeing the 6:45 or 8pm show,if you get there 40-45 minutes before you should have a decent seat,probably not in the front for the most popular groups but still pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter