Eat to the Beat with a wheelchair (no dining package)

fabfemmeboy

DIS Veteran
We're going to F&W in a couple weeks and discovered that one of my partner's longtime favourite groups is performing at Eat to the Beat while we're there. We've never done one of the big evening shows at EPCOT before, so this is new territory for me. We're APs with no dining package. Obviously we need to line up to get a spot. I had seen mention somewhere (maybe someone's trip report?) about there being a separate line for people who need accessible seating so CMs could get them in unimpeded from the stampede of rabid Fansons. Is that the case? If so, where is that line relative to the main line? Also are ETTB shows like other evening shows, where the line is shorter with each successive showing? (e.g. people camp out at DL for the first showing of the nighttime parade for a good 5-7 hours, but if you wait for the second showing you can get a great spot 15 minutes in advance). Thanks!

Our experience is from 2019 so maybe still relevant? Definitely check with the CMs because things seemed a bit flexible depending on circumstances. We did multiple shows (me in a power chair) and most times were told to wait in the regular line. Once or twice we were directed to wait at the front just outside the ropes. I think it might depend on the size of the crowds and number of WC/ECVs, etc. This goes for both the dining package line (left side) or standby line (right side).

Even if they have you wait in standby line with everyone else, don’t be surprised if they come unsnap the rope and bring you around before the line starts moving. In our experience, once the dining package people were in and the CMs knew how many accessible spots they still had open, they walked down the standby line and pulled out those of us who were not transferring. If someone was going to transfer, they waited.

Speaking of which - transferring:
To transfer, there are spots to park along the walkways at the far sides of the theater going down towards the stage. For anyone who’s the slightest bit unstable on their feet I don’t recommend transferring. I decided to do it once, assuming it would give us better seating options and that I’d be okay using my cane to join my family. But the ground obviously isn’t level in there and I had a few scary steps. After that I stayed in my chair. To stay in your WC/ECV the accessible spots are towards the front, in the middle and at the back. The closest spot at the front was still about 5-6 rows back from the stage. Obviously, the sooner you get in the better options you have.

How crowded it will be depends on who you’re seeing. For some of the popular acts it can get absolutely insane (Yep, I think Hansons fit that category 😄) In those cases, yes, the third show is maybe less crazy but probably still really full. At least third show you have better chances of getting a good spot in the standby line if you don’t mind waiting. But we’ve also seen some acts where you can just go in late and find plenty of room even during the first show.

One more note - a shoutout to the CMs who were working that theater. As an entire team, they were some of the friendliest, most efficient, helpful and knowledgeable CMs we’d ever encountered.

Last edited:
Are you back from your trip yet @fabfemmeboy ? I’d love to hear how it went.
I am! It went well. FWIW, at this point they aren't pulling chair users out from the line at all. Line up with everyone else, and as they direct people where to sit they'll direct the mobility device user (and/or their party) to go down the right-hand ramp then sit in that middle row of benches (between the front and back halves of the theater, where the wide walkway is). The only downside was that the people in front of us kept standing up so I couldn't see 98% of the show, which is frustrating but commonplace.

I am! It went well. FWIW, at this point they aren't pulling chair users out from the line at all. Line up with everyone else, and as they direct people where to sit they'll direct the mobility device user (and/or their party) to go down the right-hand ramp then sit in that middle row of benches (between the front and back halves of the theater, where the wide walkway is). The only downside was that the people in front of us kept standing up so I couldn't see 98% of the show, which is frustrating but commonplace.

Yeah, it’s understandable why people so often stand during concerts but man it sucks when it blocks the view for those of us who can’t.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter