This video will be removed around 2:00 PM EST.

"Eating breakfast in your room" to save money and time

Usually, sit at the table for some cereal or a peanut butter sandwich/toast.

Hi! I'm looking for thoughts and ideas on this.

Where/How exactly do you eat? If your room doesn't have a little table and chairs (or even if it does, but you have more people than room at the table) do people just sit on beds? Do you take the food out of the room to a more public area of the resort?
Several years ago, we stayed at Coronado Springs and took our breakfast down to the quiet pool where they had tables and chairs, but that was in the summer and we had beautiful weather. Our next trip is in December so if it's cold, this won't be an option.
We're staying at BWI, if anyone has suggestions specific to that resort. :)
For my resorts without a table I use the IRONING BOARD!!!

I put it either at the foot on the bed so a few can sit at the end of the bed and watch TV or on the side if only one eating. I always put a towel on it so not to stain the cover.

At the deluxe I use the rolling tables hidden under the desk.

When they were young I brought Juicy juice boxes from home, snacks and cereals. Dh would go grab a hot breakfast if needed and bring back to the room. You can bring the trays from the eateries, I've done many times.

Even though there’s usually two of us and we’re on the Dining plan we sometimes do breakfast on the room. Not to be cheap, but because we’re used to a different kind of breakfast as to the ones used served around the resort. So we buy fruits like strawberries, plums and peaches, some bread, cheese and ham, make some sandwiches and one of us go grab hot chocolate and coffee from the food court while the other gets ready and we eat them before leaving for the day.

It’s definitely a cheaper alternative to breakfast for two everyday, and it also gives back us a chance to plan our day a bit more.

We always eat in our room. There are currently 5 of us, I say that because maybe next trip there may only be 4 in our room and oldest DD will be with her current boyfriend in their room (eeekkk...).

We have done cereal with milk, bagels, granola bars, muffins, poptarts. We are not the kind of people who have to sit down to eat, I mean we can eat while walking. When we went in August, there may have been a few times I was walking on the elevator with a bagel in my hand and chewing the bite I just took. My kids & dh will eat as they go too.

When we did cereal, the kids were smaller so they did need to sit. So while dh and I were taking turns in the bathroom getting ready the kids would eat, sometimes one would sit outside and eat and other times they would just sit on the bed and hold the bowl. I would put sunscreen on one while the other was eating, one would get dressed while the other was eating/getting sunscreen.

Leaving to go to a public area would not be an option for us because that would not save us any time as we can all easily inhale our food. The last trip, we did DHS for am EMH and no one wanted to eat at 6am so they just brought it with us and ate pieces as they were walking from ride to ride. We have thermos water bottles so we just sip on that with breakfast.

We stay at the Contemporary and eat breakfast as we walk to MK. We've done bars, bananas, my kids actually love eating little Goldfish cracker snack bags for breakfast. Honestly after a day or two on the dining plan, DH and I aren't even hungry for breakfast anymore and we just wait till lunch. Unless we get free dining, we don't get the dining plan anymore because it's way too much food, but if you are on the dining plan you can use a snack credit for bfast.

If we were bringing or ordering food in order to save time and money, we would just eat in the room on the bed. Whenever we eat snacks or leftovers that could be messy, we just drape a towel over the bed. To me, by the time you bring all your stuff and walk down to the food court or an area where there's tables and chairs to eat together, you're not saving all that much time.

I either have granola bars or Pop-Tarts with me. Last trip, I had cold, leftover pizza (which is a traditional breakfast) sitting on the bed.

If what I'm eating is crumbly, I'll try to sit at the little table in the room (although it's usually piled with our crap), or on the end of the bed.

We order from Garden grocers and get cereal, milk, bananas, granola bars, and yogurt. The kids usually eat at the desk/table. My husband eats any variety of those. I pack protein bars and eat one of those either while I am getting ready or on the way to the park.

Always, it is rare day I pay for their breakfasts.

Bagels & Creme Cheese
Muffins
Yogurt
Breakfast Bars
Bananas
Dried Fruit
Orange Juice boxes

We actually eat in shifts, some eat while some shower etc. Saves time.

I put it either at the foot on the bed so a few can sit at the end of the bed and watch TV or on the side if only one eating. I always put a towel on it so not to stain the cover.

When they were young I brought Juicy juice boxes from home, snacks and cereals. Dh would go grab a hot breakfast if needed and bring back to the room. You can bring the trays from the eateries, I've done many times.

Great idea. I was just thinking some of the DVC have the table built into the drop down bed, if someone is still sleeping , there is no table.

We also eat in shifts. Some might eat on the beds - it is a vacation after all!
We get the cereal that comes in bowls and buy some milk. Pack some plastic spoons. Also have granola bars and pop tarts. Super easy.

Hi! I'm looking for thoughts and ideas on this.

Where/How exactly do you eat? If your room doesn't have a little table and chairs (or even if it does, but you have more people than room at the table) do people just sit on beds? Do you take the food out of the room to a more public area of the resort?
Several years ago, we stayed at Coronado Springs and took our breakfast down to the quiet pool where they had tables and chairs, but that was in the summer and we had beautiful weather. Our next trip is in December so if it's cold, this won't be an option.
We're staying at BWI, if anyone has suggestions specific to that resort. :)
We have 3 kids. We use the desk and chair and usually bring in a patio chair and/or table. They figure out how to make it work. This is usually breakfast but sometimes an in room dinner if we have an adult dinner planned. Other breakfasts are things they can take and eat on the go. I like your idea of using the quiet pool area.

OMG! I never thought of the ironing board!! I'm definitely gonna use that idea next time if we need more space.

On a related topic.....does anyone know if the resort gift shops stock butter / margarine?

We have groceries delivered on our first day from Garden Grocers or Safeway. We get cereals, bread, fruit, juice, cream cheese, jam, milk etc. We also pack a cheap < $10 toaster from Walmart for the bread and bagels. When going home we leave the toaster behind to make room for purchases. We eat at the small table, counter, bed or whatever's available. Saves us quite a bit instead of eating out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter