• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eating in PotC

drmrchk

Mouseketeer
Have you eaten in the Pirates of the Caribbean? I had forgotten you could do this until my sister reminded me, they are headed out of here to go on Sunday. We don't go until the end of the month. Did you like it, was it fun? Do you think I need to have my travel agent call for reservations or since its not a busy time of year can we walk in? Worth the time and money for the sit down?

It is usually easy to get a reservation this time of year. All you have to do is call (714) 781-3463, and they can help you. The restaurant is called Blue Bayou. The food is pretty good. At lunch they serve the Monte Cristo, and lots of people love it. I find it a bit greasy. I have heard a lot of good things about the dinners, but I have only been for lunch. I would recommend trying it, and wait the extra few minutes for a waterside table. Have fun on your trip!

The restaurant you are referring to is called Blue Bayou. It is pricey...so be prepared. You will hear mixed reviews regarding the food. We have always enjoyed our meals when we have dined there. I wouldn't call it fun (you are just eating a meal, no entertainment or anything),per say. It is something you should experience at least once.
Personally, I would try and get priority seating reserved vs trying to get in on a day you are there.
You can e-mail Disney dining (@ dine@disneyland.com) and they can let you know if they can accommodate you. Make sure you include the following:

Name of the restaurant or experience you’d like to book
Requested reservation date and meal period (Lunch/Dinner)
Total number of guests in your party
Your name and phone number

The Monte Cristo is huge sandwich, I still don't know how one person can eat the whole thing in one sitting. I would recommend splitting it with someone or getting the Monte Cristo bites, I believe they are now at the Golden Horseshoe.

yes, I have eaten at the Blue Bayou multiple times. It is good, we enjoy the food and experience very much. It is quite unique. the MC is huge, I can't finish it. I really liked the Tesoro Island Chicken (and I don't normally like chicken with bones in it) and can eat that all by myself with a few bites left. You can get carry out boxes but it isn't super convenient so I rarely do that, we just eat as much as possible before we leave. LOL Then we don't have to eat again until like 10 pm. ;) We do the 11:30 lunch seating and get waterside seating, it's a pretty fun experience.

We ate there at holiday time. It was fabulous. We had surf and turf and the steak. It was all fantastic! The mint julips were tasty, too. We were so full, we didn't have room for dessert. We wanted to eat by the water, but that would have been a longer wait. It didn't matter because we could still see the cabin and fireflies from the table we had. It was a wonderful meal. We plan on eating there again. I would call and make reservations.

You'll need to make a reservation for this one. I would pick a the first lunch or dinner seating and show up early to request a waterside table. If you are celebrating something tell them when you make the res, they might surprise you with a goodie.

The food is very overpriced for the portions and quality. Service is slow but the atmosphere is good. I was glad I ate there once to try it but will not return again. If you aren't big spenders or eaters get one entree and share it . :thumbsup2

Get a reservation by all means. The food is great and the service is usually outstanding. I like the prime rib and the wife prefers the jambalia. pixiedust:

We went there in October, and we just got dessert. It was delicious and our waiter was very friendly! However, when we were waiting in the lobby, we told the host we wanted to wait for a waterside table. She was very rude, and she told us that wasn't allowed, you get what you get. So when we were seated, I was a little upset because I was treating my mom, and the only reason we were going was to have the ambiance of sitting by the waiter. We were about to leave, but then our waiter, who was amazing (I wish I remembered her name), was able to find us a water side table!:cool1:

DH and I eat there every time we go to DL. We go at lunch and make a reservation for 11:30 (opening). We check in as soon as they begin that process. Then we request a waterside table and have gotten one every time. The food is very good. A little pricey, but not the priciest at DL by far. Service has always been excellent. On DH's birthday, they brought him a dessert treat for free. We love that place!

I was looking into booking a lunch at Blue Bayou however looking at the menus under the dining section here, it says that Blue Bayou only offers 1 option for lunch and no desserts at any time which was putting me off. For those who've eaten there recently is it still a normal menu?

When we ate there in Sept. for lunch it was a full menu and there were dessert selections. We had the creme brûlée.... it was lovely.

Ozziebuttercups said:
I was looking into booking a lunch at Blue Bayou however looking at the menus under the dining section here, it says that Blue Bayou only offers 1 option for lunch and no desserts at any time which was putting me off. For those who've eaten there recently is it still a normal menu?

We ate there two days before Christmas. Regular lunch menu.
We go several times a year. Food is good (not excellent), but the experience is something everyone should do at least once. Go early (my favorite time is 1145 for lunch), get your reservations ahead of time through Disney Dining, and when you check in for your reservations ask for a waterside table. The tables are very close together and the waterside tables seem to have the most room (and it's fun to watch the boats go by). Also be prepared for a complete lunch for 4 to run about $140.

Thanks danaesacto, that wasn't the menut that I was looking at. I thought it was a bit odd!
Eddygirl my DH loves creme brulee so sounds good :)

Thanks danaesacto, that wasn't the menut that I was looking at. I thought it was a bit odd!
Eddygirl my DH loves creme brulee so sounds good :)

You're welcome. I went looking for it so my girls could get past the "this is weird food" thought early and just try to enjoy themselves... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter