• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eating Keto at Universal - Suggestions???

The menus are all available online. I'm much more familiar with WDW food and what people have commented there is they mostly eat proteins and I'm assuming it is similar for UO. There are many places to order a hunk of meat and then give the sides to someone else in your group. Not Keto, but restaurants generally don't serve all-fat meals.

The great thing about low-carb/Keto is the ability to go long periods without food so it isn't too difficult to eat before and after going to the park and nibble off someone's meal while at the park. Or just bring your own food and picnic...which is what I do. I even bring my own "Butterbeer" tea.

You should be able to find Keto friendly items at both Harry Potter restaurants.

I'm not sure if a Keto diet makes sense given the FL heat and the amount of miles you're walking each day.

I was at the Universal parks in both June of 2020 and October of 2020. I had no problem staying keto, but it's dirty keto at best. The key for me was to try to stick to mostly salad orders, without things like croutons. One of my favorite meals was at the Today Cafe--except for the farro, the Soho salad was perfect. You can do keto at Universal, but you just have to know that you'll be going lazy or dirty.

I found most theme park food is not fully keto. Especially their wings or BBQ ribs. There are so much sugar in them. I will stick with the salad with salad dressing on the side. One snack that I like to bring is
Bada Bean Bada Boom Crunchy Broad Beans - Sweet Sriracha
It has 3 g of sugar in the entire bag. It is gluten free and dirty keto (not too much sugar). It is also filling as well.

Good luck! As for my own experience, it was indeed positive. I resulted with a weight loss and some health improvement. I started it as soon as I was diagnosed with diabetes type 2. I was prescribed meds (to buy trulicity online), follow a strict diet (it was ketogenic diet), and exercise regularly (it was critical to lose weight). Must to admit, thanks to keto diet I lost about 36 pounds during 6 months. So I can confirm that it'san effective method for weight loss.

Last edited:
Good luck! As for my own experience, it was indeed positive. I resulted with a weight loss and some health improvement. I started it as soon as I was diagnosed with diabetes type 2. I was prescribed meds (to buy trulicity online), follow a strict diet (it was ketogenic diet), and exercise regularly (it was critical to lose weight). Must to admit, thanks to keto diet I lost about 36 pounds during 6 months. So I can confirm that it'san effective method for weight loss.
Thanks for sharing your experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter