Eating large meals at lunchtime can you face them?

yorkshiregirl

Mouseketeer
As you may have guessed I am trying to put together some sort of plans.
I have booked (p.s) 3 dinners at 6 pm as usually when we have holidays none of us can eat much in the heat. I have noticed though lots of recommendations to eat big lunches and then dine more frugally.
My main aim to visit a park/water park in the am nice and early and then rest in the pm, eat and then visit one of the later opening parks or DD afterwards.
What do most of you do? I just can't imagine eating a huge meal in the heat as lets face it we don't often have those temperatures and humidity to get used to and then riding around on any form of transport or rides.
Shirley

Shirley - when we go to the parks, we tend to massive it at breakfast:p on the old buffet style (hotels own or Ponderosa/Sizzler/Shoney). This then keeps us going until well into the afternoon when we grab a light snack in the parks, then we eat dinner later in the evening (7.30 - 8ish), depending on when/where.

However, when we toured a couple of years back with our Floridian friends from West Palm Beach, they never ceased to amaze with in the three days we spent with them. They'd eat a huge buffet breakfast around 8am, stop around 10.30 for a "snack" and coffee, then lunch would have to be got at 12.30 latest;) - not just a snack mind, but full blown fish & chips in Rose & Crown, or chicken fajitas somewhere else one day . . . then afternoonsies of a drink and pastry around 3pm, then great HUGE dinner at around 7. Where the heck they put it all I really don't know!

We go stay with them for a day whenever we go over and they take us out for the most amazing Bruch normally - everything you could ever want, plus more . . OMG and the cakes!!

Shirley, we're with you on this.

We tend to eat a decent brekkie then little through the day, finishin with a decent meal around 6/7ish.

When we went 10 years ago it was definitely large buffet breakfasts, snack lunches and full dinners.

We rarely eat large lunches anyway and certainly not when on holiday somewhere hot.

im also with the big breakie we usually go to ponderosa or golden corral and that sets us up for the day, maybe an icecream or turkey leg at the parks then a nice meal in the evening when you think of it it saves you loads throughout the hols have a great time.

What time do these buffet breakfast places like Ponderosa etc open? Do you have time for a slap up brekky & still get to the parks at opening time?

Thanks for your advice. We are staying at the FW cabins so will most days have breakfast there so we can shower etc. in turn. We won't have a car the first week so going off site for meals won't be an option.
Shirley:)

Yorkshiregirl, they do a nice buffet brekky at the Trailsend resturant at FW, i do not think the water parks generally open until 10 am, so you will have plenty of time for breakfast.
Trailsend is right next to the marina, so you can eat then jump on the ferry across to MK, it's a great start to the day :) plus you avoid the masses on the big ferries and monorail :)

............. we usually bring our Weetabix for breakfast (buy cheap bowls and spoons at Walmart, and most hotels/motels are near a supermarket for milk, and don't mind you eating in the room), then we snack in the park (counter service occasionally if hungry), then a meal around 6-7pm. We find we don't have as much energy if we get loaded down with a big breakfast at Ponderosa.............. me not having any will power like!!

Ann.

some of the breakfast places are open all night, Try Perkins if you are up and about very early - they aren't a buffet, but they do fantastic breakfasts, and I don't think they close - we used to go there in the early hours when I was a student.

Bev

When our family goes to WDW we eat a light breakfast at the rm. (bagel,danish, and cereal) We have a light snack around 10:30 then because the lunches are so big we split the platters so we do not get filled up and are able to enjoy the rest of the day. We do a character breakfast one morning during the week, but our big meals are dinner. Hope this helps.
Nate;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter