Eating meals when some are, some aren't on dining plan

Tinkmom

DIS Veteran
I have a couple of questions about the dining plan when eating at the same table as people who do not have the dining plan:

1) If there are two adults on our room reservation, are we limited to two adult TS credits at a meal? My thought is that I would like to use one or two of our credits to buy dinner for a friend. If we used three credits at one meal is that just our business (since that is one less we will be able to use) or is that some sort of violation of Disney's rules?

2) If we meet friends for dinner who have the DDE card, would there be any sort of problem with separate checks with us using DDP and them using DDE? I couldn't imagine so, but just read of one person's experience at a restaurant where they were told that only one "discount" could be used per table, and the dining plan was considered a discount so the person not on the DP could not use her DDE card.

Thanks for any help! :)

1) You are supposed to be able to use your dining plan credits for guests. Since all your credits were purchased at the adult price, it is extremely unlikely that Disney will put in place anything that would get in the way of your plan.

2) There are DDE folks who have the dining plan, and use the DDE only to discount their alcoholic beverages. That's also permitted, but if you're concerned that a specific restaurant might give you concerns, you could ask for written confirmation of that from Disney, in advance.

It is no problem to split the ticket--just tell the server in advance who is on DDP and who is on DDE. It is not a "double discount," it is a separate discount for different people who just happen to be seated at the same table. You can also have the DDP and use the DDE for any "additional" items like a second beverage if you are splitting a meal or alcoholic beverages.

You can "spend" your credits any way you'd like, If your card says 2A, you can spend 4 A TS at one meal. The only time you might get into trouble is if you are trying to buy an adult meal with a credit that was purchased at the child's price (thus, your card would say 2A, 1C).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter