• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eating...

wvjules

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a problem keeping a regular eating schedule? I'm finding this to be challenging. I don't eat breakfast and sometimes I don't eat lunch until after 2. I feel like I can't step away from my computer to take time to eat. I've never been made to feel like I can't step away it's just that I can't seem to make myself. Anyone else?

Normaly I'm on a very set schedule, but my job for the past few weeks has been dealing with issue after issue and trying to take care of everyone else. This week (so far) I set timers on my calendar to remind me to take a break and I'm making sure I get my exercise in.

Does anyone have a problem keeping a regular eating schedule? I'm finding this to be challenging. I don't eat breakfast and sometimes I don't eat lunch until after 2. I feel like I can't step away from my computer to take time to eat. I've never been made to feel like I can't step away it's just that I can't seem to make myself. Anyone else?

That was me before I had such problems that my doctor suggested setting alarm for every 2 hrs

People in general need to learn that they can't ignore their own personal well-being. Don't wait until bad habits catch up with you. Work will always be there.

Needed that reminder always waiting to finish something before I eat

This is not my first rodeo with long-term, unplanned telework. It's really important to force a schedule and stick to it. Try to keep the same routines you did as when you went to the office. Walk away from the laptop and eat. Log off when you're supposed to. It's very, very easy to fall in the trap of never getting too far from your laptop or work phone.

Going into work: no problem.

Working from home: I'm pretty much grazing, and not necessarily in a good way.

In general, or during this insanity?

In general, I'm fine. I eat breakfast when I get into work, I eat lunch at 11:30, and dinner is after work.

Right now? Working from home? It's all over the freaking place.

Sounds like intermittent fasting which actually is beneficial for many people. I was never a breakfast eater and forced myself to eat breakfast because of the marketing hype that it's the most important meal of the day.

So liberating to hear that going several hours without eating is actually good for people.

Just don't let yourself starve to the point of blood sugar issues.

And it’s very hard to meal plan when you have no idea what you can get at the store.

This!! LOL. I go in with a plan and it all goes out the window. I wanted to make chili the other day but there were no beans, and no tomato sauce in the store. I did get ground beef though so I decided on burgers. No bread or buns. So I decided on meat balls and pasta (already had all the other meat ball ingredients and spaghetti at home, good thing because there was no pasta.). It's been challenging. Not impossible, just challenging.

Not me, but DD17 who is home is eating at all times of day and night. I have noticed how we keep running out of silverware and running the dishwasher more often with 3 of us eating 3 meals a day at home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter