• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

EBPC December 9, 2012!!! PART 2

Aw, we're missing each other by about a month. We're on the 12 night Med with Greece starting July 13th. I've never been to Europe so I'm kind of overwhelmed with all the planning I will need to do. Are there any must do's that you know of?
Well, you'll have a great time! If your kids are too young to appreciate the museums, I'd highly suggest doing Cinque Terre in La Spezia - beautiful and charming towns and you can actually hit all 5 in one day! Jeff created a website for that trip that has excellent links to excursions, so check that out http://5-15-10-medcruisers.weebly.com/.

Susan and I are looking at a summer 2013 Alaska cruise too. We're also interested in doing a med cruise that visits Greece. If they come out with the guarantee rates like they did last year, we'll be all over them. Until then, we'll just bide our time and see what comes along.
I'll keep an eye out for any discounts! For Alaska, there were a few IGT/OGT rates offered when we sailed this past summer. They all appeared after the PIF date but if you are flexible, that may be the way to go!

Well, you'll have a great time! If your kids are too young to appreciate the museums, I'd highly suggest doing Cinque Terre in La Spezia - beautiful and charming towns and you can actually hit all 5 in one day! Jeff created a website for that trip that has excellent links to excursions, so check that out http://5-15-10-medcruisers.weebly.com/.
Thanks! It's not the kids I'm worried about, at the museums. It's DH that has the short attention span! I will definitely look into his website, thanks for the tip!

Sweets? No problem. But eating in general? PROBLEM!

Got ALL my photos printed (thank goodness Walgreens had a 9 cent sale). Now though, I'm looking at some of them and the old lady's brain is so going "WHO DAt?" wHY OH why can't I find your faces on the website? Help?

If you match any of these descriptions, will you please pm me?

"Very young" (relative to me) Cute blonde with about a 10-12 month old girl baby

Beautiful woman with long reddish brown (or brownish red) hair

Chic 40s-ish couple - she has blonde hair and a 'silver' dress.

50s-ish couple seated - she has short dark hair and a dark outfit on - he had greyish hair.

I'm sure I'll be back with more. :(

We are looking to book another trip, and wanted to get opinions about how much the lower decks (1&2) were rocking during the rough weather those last couple nights. We were on deck 5 aft, and at times it felt like the ship was falling, instead of just rocking. It was enough that it scared our 5yo and he climbed into bed with us (hasn't ever done that before, at home or on vacation)
I know the lower decks wouldn't rock as much, but can't decide if that is worth it since we would then have a 7-8 deck climb up to the pool and buffet. I can see using the elevator a lot more than we did on this trip.

I actually prefer deck 2 midship. Less motion and I never felt far away from anything. You do definately use the elevator to get to the top though.
I find the vibration in the aft rooms disturbing even when the waves aren't that big. Aft you also get more side to side shaking and forward you get more of the up and down.

We are looking to book another trip, and wanted to get opinions about how much the lower decks (1&2) were rocking during the rough weather those last couple nights. We were on deck 5 aft, and at times it felt like the ship was falling, instead of just rocking. It was enough that it scared our 5yo and he climbed into bed with us (hasn't ever done that before, at home or on vacation)
I know the lower decks wouldn't rock as much, but can't decide if that is worth it since we would then have a 7-8 deck climb up to the pool and buffet. I can see using the elevator a lot more than we did on this trip.

We were in 2526 and 2522, which is deck 2 forward and I definitely felt the waves while I was awake but once I fell asleep I didn't even notice. My mom on the other hand couldn't sleep but normally has problems getting to sleep even at home. It seemed like the people on the higher decks had more complaints about the motion disrupting their sleep or waking their children.

I also took the stairs the entire trip with the exception of one trip up the midship elevators when I was looking for my daughter. It wasn't that bad and it helped keep the pounds off since would go up to deck 9 and back several times a day, but I don't have little ones to worry about. The trek from one end of the ship to the other took longer than the climb up the stairs.

I do prefer deck 2 over deck 1 for aesthetic reasons, though.

Hope that helps.

I actually prefer deck 2 midship. Less motion and I never felt far away from anything. You do definately use the elevator to get to the top though.
I find the vibration in the aft rooms disturbing even when the waves aren't that big. Aft you also get more side to side shaking and forward you get more of the up and down.

We were in 2526 and 2522, which is deck 2 forward and I definitely felt the waves while I was awake but once I fell asleep I didn't even notice. My mom on the other hand couldn't sleep but normally has problems getting to sleep even at home. It seemed like the people on the higher decks had more complaints about the motion disrupting their sleep or waking their children.

I also took the stairs the entire trip with the exception of one trip up the midship elevators when I was looking for my daughter. It wasn't that bad and it helped keep the pounds off since would go up to deck 9 and back several times a day, but I don't have little ones to worry about. The trek from one end of the ship to the other took longer than the climb up the stairs.

I do prefer deck 2 over deck 1 for aesthetic reasons, though.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your replies. Our possible next trip may be the Alaska repositioning, and I know the Pacific Coast can get rough. I just wasn't sure about my ability to maintain using that many stairs. I agree about the stairs being a good way to keep the pounds off. I only gained 5lbs this trip, and have already lost 2-3 of them.

I finally have a chance to sit and browse the Internet!

Our family had a great time. Maybe some of you saw us, I was the mother of all Whos chasing around Things One through Four.

My kids cried as we left the boat and begged us to go back, so I think it's safe to say that they had a good time. I hardly saw my two eldest the entire cruise because they never wanted to leave the clubs.

My middle two both celebrated birthdays on the boat and I have to say the staff in Flounders went above and beyond for my little guy. They made him a personalized card and took a photo of him. It was really wonderful. He came back that day wearing a little backpack and strutted around feeling like such a big boy (he turned two).

We left the lovely weather in Miami and came home to -27 C weather and snow and black ice so suffice to say, I'm already trying to figure out a way to save up the money for another cruise. Though I think the 14 day one ruined us, because we had so much more fun on this one than the 7 day one we took last year.

We were on deck one and I didn't really think the rocking was as bad down there. We had brunch the last sea day in Palo and we could hardly walk back and forth to get food. Even our server was having issues. On 1 we usually take the elevator up to the pool and to get drinks, but did the stairs to get to 3 and floor 4.
I have only ever been on floor 1 and 2, twice on both, and then actually once on 6, but it was a long time ago and we had great weather.

Thanks for your replies. Our possible next trip may be the Alaska repositioning, and I know the Pacific Coast can get rough. I just wasn't sure about my ability to maintain using that many stairs. I agree about the stairs being a good way to keep the pounds off. I only gained 5lbs this trip, and have already lost 2-3 of them.

I gained 9pds, but am down 4 of that already. DH did a lot more stairs. we would always go somewhere and he'd have to go back to the cabin for something or other. At least on the ship it wasn't too far. We do it at home too.

Finally had enough time to read all the posts. We did not get home until very early in the AM Dec. 27, and was into work by 8:00AM. Then had our family Christmas yesterday.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful FE gifts, and to Emily and Jeff in organizing events.

I can say this was our best cruise, and I think part of it was the people we met, the warmth, and the number of days. I could have stayed on the ship longer, but I did not feel rushed packing on the last day.

Looking forward to a year from now when we will be celebrating NYE on the Fantasy.

oops, forgot to thank Linda for the dresses. They both fit, but a little too snug for this cruise. They will be packed for the next cruise. DH like the red one the best.

DH & I miss Billy and our after dinner entertainment. PharmJenn, Billy is a great boy!

We were on deck one and I didn't really think the rocking was as bad down there. We had brunch the last sea day in Palo and we could hardly walk back and forth to get food. Even our server was having issues. On 1 we usually take the elevator up to the pool and to get drinks, but did the stairs to get to 3 and floor 4.
I have only ever been on floor 1 and 2, twice on both, and then actually once on 6, but it was a long time ago and we had great weather.

Thanks for the info. I was sad it was so rough on that last day, as we wanted to spend it at the pool. So DS spend the entire day in the club, which didn't phase him at all.

Finally had enough time to read all the posts. We did not get home until very early in the AM Dec. 27, and was into work by 8:00AM. Then had our family Christmas yesterday.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful FE gifts, and to Emily and Jeff in organizing events.

I can say this was our best cruise, and I think part of it was the people we met, the warmth, and the number of days. I could have stayed on the ship longer, but I did not feel rushed packing on the last day.

Looking forward to a year from now when we will be celebrating NYE on the Fantasy.

I have been at work everyday since we returned. Finally on my last night (8th) so can unpack, do laundry and finish a few Christmas gifts in the next couple days.
I thought most everyone was so very friendly, so hope future cruises we end up with as great a group as we have here. I was very rushed packing the last day, as we had the Friendship Rocks thing, then dinner, show, characters. So I got back to the room at 10:15pm to find the hallways empty and DH telling me I had missed putting the luggage out, but Lorenzo said he would come back :worried:. The disembarkation paperwork said 10pm, but Christian had said 10:30pm on his morning lecture, and it even scrolled across the screen during the rebroadcast. So I called guest services desperate for a pickup, as I didn't want to be lugging 6 suitcases around the next morning. Thankfully, they sent someone up about 15min later.

oops, forgot to thank Linda for the dresses. They both fit, but a little too snug for this cruise. They will be packed for the next cruise. DH like the red one the best.

DH & I miss Billy and our after dinner entertainment. PharmJenn, Billy is a great boy!

Patti, Billy loved visiting with your table. Every night he would ask between courses if he could go to your table. He loved playing with Rick, and stealing the Santa hat off Dougs' head.
He was showing his neighbor friend the hockey stick yesterday, so I think we are going to have to watch a hockey game this season so he knows what he is playing with!

Sweets? No problem. But eating in general? PROBLEM!

Got ALL my photos printed (thank goodness Walgreens had a 9 cent sale). Now though, I'm looking at some of them and the old lady's brain is so going "WHO DAt?" wHY OH why can't I find your faces on the website? Help?

If you match any of these descriptions, will you please pm me?

"Very young" (relative to me) Cute blonde with about a 10-12 month old girl baby

Beautiful woman with long reddish brown (or brownish red) hair

Chic 40s-ish couple - she has blonde hair and a 'silver' dress.

50s-ish couple seated - she has short dark hair and a dark outfit on - he had greyish hair.

I'm sure I'll be back with more. :(

There are some days that I feel I match all of the above. Older and younger that is. Walgreens is great when they have a picture sale. Even better though, Snapfish. We had all of ours printed for 1 cent. The only hang up is having to wait on them to be delivered by snail mail. Pictures are high quality though. Anyway, enjoyed meeting you and look forward to cruising with you again.

Patti, Billy loved visiting with your table. Every night he would ask between courses if he could go to your table. He loved playing with Rick, and stealing the Santa hat off Dougs' head.
He was showing his neighbor friend the hockey stick yesterday, so I think we are going to have to watch a hockey game this season so he knows what he is playing with!

You may need to watch a rerun. There is a strike.

Good Morning Happy Cruisers!

Happy New Year to you all!

I ordered from Snapfish too - they came yesterday. Comparing snapfish with Walgreens, since they were both on my table, I find I like Snapfish better because they're glossy. But, there's nothing like the instant gratification that comes from Walgreens, AND no shipping.

It's awfully quiet around here without you guys! I miss my tablemates, art classes, 3 pm stitching circle, and always seeing someone I know. Back to cooking, cleaning, and making my own bed.

Dimples has been hibearnating since we got home, and didn't even get up for Christmas. She's having attention withdrawls, and probably won't get up until it's time to leave for Disneyworld.

Wishing everyone a Healthy, Happy & Prosperous New Year, filled with good health, fun times and Cruising!

After the cruise, we spent a week in Arizona with family and finally arrived back in Nevada on New Year's Eve, so I'll be unpacking today. What a fantastic cruise!:woohoo: We LOVED 14 nights of cruising, had a blast doing our very first FE (thanks for the great gifts), enjoyed the cabin crawl and the ornament exchange (thanks to the organizers). Meeting fellow DISboarders (our first time) made the cruise magical! :cloud9:

I was a bit fearful to finally step on the scale this morning, but was pleased that I only gained 5 lbs! After our 7 night cruise last December I gained 6-7 lbs. so walking laps on deck 4 and eating early dinner instead of late dinner must've made the difference. Our server made the comment early on that many cruisers arrive as "guests" but leave as "cargo". We cracked up laughing and often reminded ourselves that being cargo was not our goal. :)

Linda, I don't know the context of the photo you speak of, by my husband and I are in our 50's; I have short dark hair and he has grey hair.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter