ECV and DME w/some ability to walk

Dis_Dreamin

DIS Veteran
We will be traveling down to MCO and using DME when we arrive and depart. We'll be bringing my FIL along and he uses an ECV. He "might" be able to make the steps up into the normal motor coach (IIRC that's only a few steps up) with some assistance. So here are my questions.

1) If he can make it up, can they stow his ECV underneath (as it breaks down into multiple pieces) the motor coach?

2) if he feels he can't make it up the steps, does DME have transportation that can accommodate this similar to the normal Disney bus transportation?

3) Are there any pictures of both forms of transportation that I can share with him to help make the decision?​

My other thought, though a more expensive one, is to hire other transportation services but we will be a group of 4a 2c and will likely have considerable luggage to go along with us so I suspect that would be a cargo van for all of us and our "stuff".

DME buses are like tour buses with steep stair to get in and storage space underneath.

They DO have lift equipped buses where he could ride his ECV up into the bus then transfer to a bus seat.
There is more information, including photos in post 16 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread. You can find that thread near the top of this board or follow the link on my signature.

Post 4 of that thread has pictures and info about the Disney resort/park buses

DME buses are like tour buses with steep stair to get in and storage space underneath.

They DO have lift equipped buses where he could ride his ECV up into the bus then transfer to a bus seat.
There is more information, including photos in post 16 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread. You can find that thread near the top of this board or follow the link on my signature.

Post 4 of that thread has pictures and info about the Disney resort/park buses

Thank you. I guess I sometimes forget about the FAQs on these forums. It's been quite some time since I've been here looking for information.
Looks like you pointed me right to me what I needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter