ECV in Attraction Queues

luvthatmouseinohio

Mouseketeer
If there is already a thread on this, please direct me there, My question is this: which attractions at Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Animal Kingdom can you remain on your ECV while you wait in the queue. I am completely able to transfer to a ride vehicle, but am unable to stand for long periods of time or walk long distances. Thank you.

I’ve seen threads in the past. Perhaps someone will be able to post a link. It’s easier to tell you the ones that your ECV cannot go into.
Here are just a few I can remember:
One at MK that stands out is Pirates of the Caribbean…you have to transfer to a manual wheelchair to go thru the queue.
At Epcot for Spaceship Earth, you park your ECV at the exit and the CM leads a group of handicap along the rail up the ramp to get onto the ride vehicles. I don’t know the process if you can’t walk that distance…probably work with you with a wheelchair.
At HS, if you ride ROTR, don’t give up your ECV the first time they ask you if you cannot stand a while and walk a ways. Tell them you need it all the way to the ride vehicle.

Edit: forgot to add “Spaceship Earth” when talking about Epcot. Sorry.

Last edited:
Two others I can think of in MK are Magic Carpets of Aladdin and Winnie the Pooh. And I'm not sure about Buzz Lightyear and Peter Pan.

All attraction queues at DAK are accessible for ECV’s as it was designed after ADA requirements. However this doesn’t mean you won’t have to transfer for some.

At Epcot, you park your ECV at the exit and the CM leads a group of handicap along the rail up the ramp to get onto the ride vehicles. I don’t know the process if you can’t walk that distance…probably work with you with a wheelchair.
I’ve seen manuals (both park rentals/loaners and personal) parked by the control console as you get on/off. The CM’s can slow/completely stop the conveyor belt so that it’s easier to get on/off.

Peter Pan at Magic Kingdom requires you transfer to a manual wheelchair as they don’t allow ECV’s in the Que. And be careful if you park your ECV outside of the Peter Pan ride around fireworks time as they hose down the roof and your ECV will get soaking wet.

Peter Pan at Magic Kingdom requires you transfer to a manual wheelchair as they don’t allow ECV’s in the Que. And be careful if you park your ECV outside of the Peter Pan ride around fireworks time as they hose down the roof and your ECV will get soaking wet.
:oops:

I’ve seen threads in the past. Perhaps someone will be able to post a link. It’s easier to tell you the ones that your ECV cannot go into.
Here are just a few I can remember:
One at MK that stands out is Pirates of the Caribbean…you have to transfer to a manual wheelchair to go thru the queue.
At Epcot for Spaceship Earth, you park your ECV at the exit and the CM leads a group of handicap along the rail up the ramp to get onto the ride vehicles. I don’t know the process if you can’t walk that distance…probably work with you with a wheelchair.
At HS, if you ride ROTR, don’t give up your ECV the first time they ask you if you cannot stand a while and walk a ways. Tell them you need it all the way to the ride vehicle.

Edit: forgot to add “Spaceship Earth” when talking about Epcot. Sorry.
Tomorrowland transit and thunder mountain railroad. TMR made me remain seated and go again to get back to my ECV

If there is already a thread on this, please direct me there, My question is this: which attractions at Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Animal Kingdom can you remain on your ECV while you wait in the queue. I am completely able to transfer to a ride vehicle, but am unable to stand for long periods of time or walk long distances. Thank you.
I was asked if I could get out and walk to seat at Nemo show. I had no idea how far I had to go or that it was at an incline, or that the seat had no back. Next time I’m saying no.

I was asked if I could get out and walk to seat at Nemo show. I had no idea how far I had to go or that it was at an incline, or that the seat had no back. Next time I’m saying no.
There are some seats at the Nemo show where you can stay in your wheelchair throughout. Beware if they send you down front-the access to those seats is so dark and wind-y, I was a little nervous about getting there without crashing into something. But hopefully, there are also seats further back where you can remain in your ECV/wheelchair.

There are some seats at the Nemo show where you can stay in your wheelchair throughout. Beware if they send you down front-the access to those seats is so dark and wind-y, I was a little nervous about getting there without crashing into something. But hopefully, there are also seats further back where you can remain in your ECV/wheelchair.

The last few times we sat down there, they had a CM guide us down with a flashlight "for safety" (this was during 2023).

IMG_2551.jpeg

I love the seats down there; you get views that are amazing, but I still prefer the seats in the little rows right off the main thoroughfare.

The last few times we sat down there, they had a CM guide us down with a flashlight "for safety" (this was during 2023).

View attachment 839042

I love the seats down there; you get views that are amazing, but I still prefer the seats in the little rows right off the main thoroughfare.

Thanks-that really makes sense. Maybe someone (or many someones) complained. I did like the view, and if a CM with a flashlight had been there to help guide the way, it would be so much better!

Is that show a really back to running now?

Hopefully for the better, it needed some work.
It feels a little “fresher” to us. We really like it, so much that we went on each trip last year at least once. It’s a sweet show, and the Cast Members always give an amazing performance. ❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter