ECV, National car rental

StacyAnnnn

Earning My Ears
I am renting a Victory 10 ECV from GoldMobility for our trip in July. I made a reservation through National via Emerald Aisle. I booked the car rental back in Feb (thank goodness, the prices have gone up so much since then). At the time a rented the car I did not know i would need an ECV. I called National on three separate occasions and was assured a minivan or large suv would be available in the Emerald Aisle. But after reading about all the issues with rental cars I have my doubts. Has anyone had any experience with this or any advice. Thanks in advance for any help!

Did you sign up for the premium program that lets you bypass the counter? That will be a huge help.

How many people in your party? If only two, almost any car will work with some planning, if more a mini van or SUV with the back row folded down will be easiest.

Did you reserve a SUV or minivan? Counting on a complimentary upgrade via the Emerald Aisle is risky.
Can you use the go go sport ECV?

I assume your ECV is being delivered to your resort. You won't have luggage in the trunk. Call Goldmobility and ask how difficult getting the ecv in the trunk will be and what cars will work best.

Damage waivers sold by rental agencies are almost always a bad deal. Are your traveling companions strong and able to easily load the ECV in the trunk? Should you be concerned with chargeable scratches and loss of use charges?

Old days you could attempt to contest loss of use charges. Ask for documentation showing at least 80% of cars in inventory were rented. Currently almost all vehicles are rented at a high rate. Loss of use charge would be legit and $$$.

I have joined the Emerald Club. There are five in our party, so we will need a minivan or SUV. Unfortunately, I made the reservation b4 I knew I was going to need an ECV, so I rented through the Emerald Aisle promo...now with prices so high I would have to pay at 150% more if I changed my car rental. All the others in my party are strong and and bodied, so loading and unloading will not be a problem.

According to Nationals website compact.cars and larger excluding convertibles, can seat 5, maybe not comfortably. Some luggage may have wind up on a passengers lap.
Consider renting the smaller ECV

The captain‘s seat that Gold Mobility typically includes in their Victory 10 rentals is pretty big unto itself and, as I recall, does not collapse very far, and weighs quite a bit unto itself. The scoot base weighs something like 130 pounds, without battery, and battery adds another 50 point object.

The scooter is semi-collapsible, but still takes up a bit of space.

Emerald Aisle has midsize or larger cars in it. Inventory may vary substantially.

The captain‘s seat that Gold Mobility typically includes in their Victory 10 rentals is pretty big unto itself and, as I recall, does not collapse very far, and weighs quite a bit unto itself. The scoot base weighs something like 130 pounds, without battery, and battery adds another 50 point object.

The scooter is semi-collapsible, but still takes up a bit of space.

Emerald Aisle has midsize or larger cars in it. Inventory may vary substantially.
Gold mobility will change the seat out for the standard seat upon request, you may want to ask them to bring both and check what will fit before taking delivery. Just give them a call and they will do what they can to help.

I always rent an ECV that breaks down. We have no issues getting a vehicle that’s large enough... usually a Tahoe but most recently an Infinity SUV. Sometime they will find a larger vehicle for you if one isn’t on the aisle.

Last edited:
I am renting a Victory 10 ECV from GoldMobility for our trip in July. I made a reservation through National via Emerald Aisle. I booked the car rental back in Feb (thank goodness, the prices have gone up so much since then). At the time a rented the car I did not know i would need an ECV. I called National on three separate occasions and was assured a minivan or large suv would be available in the Emerald Aisle. But after reading about all the issues with rental cars I have my doubts. Has anyone had any experience with this or any advice. Thanks in advance for any help!

I would not count on three different agents assurance that there will be SUV or minivan. They have no idea of what is rented or when it will be returned.

FWIW, I have always received the advice that if I definitely need a specific vehicle category (eg SUV, minivan) to actually rent that category, since relying on Emerald Aisle to end up with that category is a bit of a crap shoot [often successful historically, but especially right now much more risky].

I contacted National at MCO...very polite and accommodating, rep said that suvs and minivans almost always available, but upgraded my reservation (no charge) to a full size SUV.
I like National. They have always been very helpful and accommodating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter