ecv rentals

bamagoofy

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of taking my grandmother to wdw the second week of dec to look at all things Christmas! :Pinkbounc She has bad knees which occac. lock on her so I know I will need to rent at the least a wheelchair. She has begun using ecv at wal-mart, but is not confident riding them. Of the companies listed in the faq thread, do any give a short tutorial when you rent? Also which resort are the most ecv friendly?

I think you would be happy with Randy's Mobility.
They require that you be there to have the ecv delivered. That would give a chance to get a qucik tutoral and some helpful hints. All the othe companies will deliver to Bell Services and you don't need to be there. I don't know if you can request that they deliver and explain it from the other companies or not.
The monorail resorts are probably the most ecv friendly, but if you plan to spend more time at Epcot and/or MGM, you should consider one of the Epcot area resorts.

bamagoofy said:
I am thinking of taking my grandmother to wdw the second week of dec to look at all things Christmas! :Pinkbounc She has bad knees which occac. lock on her so I know I will need to rent at the least a wheelchair. She has begun using ecv at wal-mart, but is not confident riding them. Of the companies listed in the faq thread, do any give a short tutorial when you rent? Also which resort are the most ecv friendly?

Hi, bamagoofy. I am a very newbie at renting from an outside agency. I just recently rented from Randy's Mobility and I received excellent service.

As SueM said, they require that you receive the scooter in person and also give the scooter back in person.

Alan, from Randy's Mobility told me that they do this because some people are by themselves and have never used a scooter, and didn't really know how to make adjustments or how to charge it.

I am sure the other companies are very nice, but they do leave their scooters with the WDW Resort's Bell Services. I feel confident that they would give you a cell phone number to call for help, and some written instructions left with the scooter.

When I received my scooter from Randy's Mobility, I received it very early in the day before my room was ready. They explained everything, which was nice, but I rented from them because they had the best price for a pooh sized person like me.

I saw two other rental scooters in the OKW lobby that appeared to be waiting for their renters. I think that I saw a plastic bag on the scooter with possible information.

What WDW parks are you going to be going to?

Are you going to all of the WDW parks?

What WDW resorts were you thinking about going too?

I visited almost all of the resorts on my first scooter trip and I had a great time. I used the WDW bus transportation system for the whole trip, so I did not need a scooter that needed to be taken apart to be put in a car.

I wrote my experiences on another thread below somewhere. It may be on the second or third page back. I listed prices and rental agencies that I received for a week at WDW using a pooh sized scooter.

I hope that this helps.

Sincerely, Ray

I rented from Walker. Bell Services was willing to show me how to use the ECV, but I was pretty comfortable with it on my own. It was there waiting when I arrived and I left it at Bell Services when I left.

We have rented from them twice now and have been pleased both times.

I would recommend staying at one of the monorail resorts if you can swing it. We were at POR and it was fine, but we did seem to use our rental minivan more than Disney Transportation.

I have a back injury and although I don't look like I have a problem I could not have walked the parks.

Hope this helps!

Joyce

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter