ECV/Wheelchair at Haunted Mansion?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
What is the situation for people in an ECV at the Haunted Mansion? I can transfer to the Doombuggy if they stop the walkway, but other than that, I have no walking ability. I can transfer to a wheelchair, if they have those, like they do at Winnie the Pooh-however, since I'll be solo, will they let me wheel myself? Frankly, at every attraction requiring transferring to their wheelchair, a CM has been nice enough to offer to push me, but I won't count on that. The only other option is a walker that I can carry on the back of a wheelchair, but I don't know if any ECV rentals offer that. Or is the HM just a no-go for me?

Seemingly depending on the day, you may be required, forbidden, or permitted to enter the stretching room. You will be directed as appropriate to the loading area. Please tell a CM your needs and they should accommodate. Their preference is to not stop the doombuggies. CMs are not permitted by Disney policy to provide assistance in boarding/disembarking from ride vehicles.

Do be careful as the doombuggy closes. they can really bang into your leg hard if you are not seated properly.

Yeah, the HM has been the most inconsistent attraction I've experienced in terms of procedure/accommodation.

Please remember the CMs in the HM are discouraged from smiling. Its part of their guidance in performing their roles.

Last September, we were able to take our scooter through the line. My mom needs the ride stopped, so after the stretch room, we were sent through the tunnel to the exit. And then had to wait for doombuggy 160 or 1 (they stop it at that point). They asked if she could walk the short distance or if we needed to bring the scooter closer. Mom can walk some, so she walked over and got on, but there were others that brought wheelchairs closer to get on.

Fun fact of the day, there are 131 doom buggies at Disneyland and 160 at Disney World. Yes, I know this from experience and know now what to look for.

You’ve always been able to bring it in the line, although sometimes one has been diverted to the side entrance at different points- occasionally, before the covered walkway, sometimes at the front door, and, sometimes, no diversion. It seems like there is a greater likelihood of diversion on busier park days.

I frequently use an ECV at DL (MK holder) and every time I go I get a return time from the cast member at the front or exit of the ride.

My friend cannot walk the short distance so takes the ECV on the elevator, they slowed (but they can stop) the walkway and she transferred. Then we ride it through and back to the ride loading area and then back to the ECV.

We were told ecv vs wc at HM depends on how busy they are. Too busy and they can’t handle the ecv’s so it becomes wc only. OP, I think you should try! We found doing it around opening best chance at taking the ecv in. Idk about late night our ECV user isn’t there then. (One morning we got in with the ECV and on our way out they were telling people no ECVs so I asked a CM about it).

This is good to know. The last time I tried to ride HM at WDW they made me park my ECV quite a ways away and a friend had to wheel me over in one of Disney's wheelchairs. My last trip I was solo so I didn't even attempt since I know I couldn't wheel my way over there by myself. I don't have this issue at DL--they are very accommodating.

I was just there last December with my aunt who cannot walk even two steps without a walker and she took her scooter they drove it right up next to the doom buggy and we got her in and then off. Obviously, the walkway stopped for her. It was pretty crowded when we were there, and lines were long, but they didn’t give us any grief. This was at WDW.

I was just there last December with my aunt who cannot walk even two steps without a walker and she took her scooter they drove it right up next to the doom buggy and we got her in and then off. Obviously, the walkway stopped for her. It was pretty crowded when we were there, and lines were long, but they didn’t give us any grief. This was at WDW.
Now that I could do!

I need to give my Disneyland warning. They always ask my husband can he walk, and on a good day he can do a short distance (this was a out 10 years ago so better than today)

what they don't share is the exit is worse than the walk. Its such a steep incline escalator and i had to litterly lean into him from behind so he didn't fall The one time we agreed to try the walk. After that we insisted on him using wheel chair in and back out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter