• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eddie Van Halen

IMHO, making a joke about the death of a rock legend and amazing musician isn't cool. Very sad news today.

Van Halen has been my favorite band since I was about 15. There haven’t been many days that have passed in which I didn’t listen to or think of this legendary band. This one’s going to take a long time to sink in. Ed’s passing makes me very, very sad. I was fortunate to meet him three times in my life and I snapped this pic from the front row of a friends-and-family-only VH show at the LA Forum in 2012. It was awesome.

C0E3D1BB-170B-4135-B612-D142A1F294D2.jpeg

I knew this day would come, ultimately, and it’s going to hurt for awhile. 2020 has been the worst year ever since they began to count them.

Last edited:
I saw Van Halen in concert. Great times! Eddie was awesome!

I had a roommate who had a guitar, and he taught me how to play harmonics. It was not easy, but very cool, and made me appreciate Eddie's skills even more!

Back when I was in high school, two of my friends would always argue, who was better, Eddie or Ace Frehley? I was a KISS fan, but I still knew that Eddie was the best.

The stories behind that are amazing.
View attachment 530545
I believe that the postscript to this is that when “Beat It” hit the radio, Eddie’s bandmates — Alex in particular— called him immediately and said “Dude, what the phug?!” They knew exactly what he sounded liked. His distinct signature wouldn’t go unnoticed.

Also, Eddie was having phone trouble the day Quincy called to ask him to do the solo and couldn’t hear him the first time. When he called back a second time, Eddie shouted something rude into the phone. When Quincy explained who he was, Ed apologized. Later, when the record was done, Quincy sent him a card (or something) and signed it “The f’ing ******,” which is what Eddie had shouted at him on the phone. I’ve met Quincy twice and have always forgotten to ask him about that. Next time I will, though. Definitely.

Here’s a pic of Quincy at Capitol Studios... eating a red Popsicle. Also, a pic of me and Q.
FCCFDB5F-ED6A-4D50-A5C9-FC6B5C8E325A.jpeg

In this pic, I’d just told Quincy that I was born on 29th Street in Chicago, his original neighborhood. He turned, looked at me and then said “Yeah, but not seventy years ago.” :-).
7E18BEB2-4C3F-4CCA-BA94-3BD9374493AB.jpeg

Last edited:
I believe that the postscript to this is that when “Best It” hit the radio, Eddie’s bandmates — Alex in particular— called him immediately and said “Dude, what the phug?!” They knew exactly what he sounded liked. His distinct signature wouldn’t go unnoticed.

Also, Eddie was having phone trouble the day Quincy called to ask him to do the solo and couldn’t hear him the first time. When he called back a second time, Eddie shouted something rude into the phone. When Quincy explained who he was, Ed apologized. Later, when the record was done, Quincy sent him a card (or something) and signed it “The f’ing ******,” which is what Eddie had shouted at him on the phone. I’ve met Quincy twice and have always forgotten to ask him about that. Next time I will, though. Definitely.

Here’s a pic of Quincy at Capitol Studios... eating a red Popsicle. Also, a pic of me and Q.
View attachment 530594

View attachment 530595
Could you introduce me to Rashida?
8-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter