Edge on castaway after club age changes

Partyof4LA

Mouseketeer
We are cruising with an 11 year old, who now doesn’t have the option to go to club/lab. I have no problem with this and am not looking to debate the age change, but am now wondering what they offer for the Edge kids at Castaway?
My husband and I have gone over to serenity bay for a little while every trip while the kids were in Scuttles cove. I’m not leaving her alone on the beach so hope there’s something with Edge where counselors are present (I know she has ability to sign herself in/out) that she can go to while we are across the island for a bit.

We are cruising with an 11 year old, who now doesn’t have the option to go to club/lab. I have no problem with this and am not looking to debate the age change, but am now wondering what they offer for the Edge kids at Castaway?
My husband and I have gone over to serenity bay for a little while every trip while the kids were in Scuttles cove. I’m not leaving her alone on the beach so hope there’s something with Edge where counselors are present (I know she has ability to sign herself in/out) that she can go to while we are across the island for a bit.
There is! And my daughter actually enjoyed her time there more than when she was in Scuttles Cove. It can be tricky to find though, but they play games like volleyball and stuff. Just ask someone if you can't find where it is. It's sort of oddly tucked away behind the bike rentals.

There is! And my daughter actually enjoyed her time there more than when she was in Scuttles Cove. It can be tricky to find though, but they play games like volleyball and stuff. Just ask someone if you can't find where it is. It's sort of oddly tucked away behind the bike rentals.
Thank you!!

There's no signing in and out in the Edge. You just show up and leave when you want. The place on CC is more of a meeting place for kids to meet their friends and then do stuff on the island with their friends. A lot of kids hang out with their families on CC day. Participation in the teen hideout can vary and it's also where the Vibe meets.

I asked this question on a different feed. A cast member who is "Friends with Cindy" said that there is no dedicated space for Edge at the cay. That the Edge Councilors will have some activities that they can join if they want and at some point they take over the teen beach. Hope this helps. If you want I can look for exact response but this is the basically what she said.

Wanted to give an update in case anyone else searches this in the future.

There were organized Edge activities on the island. Just had to ask any youth club counselor for the schedule (we asked at scuttles cove where our 5 year old was) and have the child meet them there. Ex: they were at Pelican Plunge when we left for Serenity Bay and In-da-shade when we returned. There weren’t many kids there, but enough for her to have fun. It allowed us to have peace of mind while at the adult only side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter