Editorial for my original post

Pay $10,00.00 to sleep on the ground!!!!

Perfect response Ann! If I wanted to sleep on the ground on my vacation, I would be paying $15. a nite at the Happy Camper Campground!!! The original poster had every reason to be a bit of an unhappy camper!

( also, don't see how I could much enjoy the next day of the cruise after sleeping on the floor!! I am quite sure that the floors are NOT nicely padded!!! A whole day of the cruise ruined.... no small matter! )

The original poster had EVERY reason to expect their beds to be made ready. When someone pays that amount for certain accomodations, they should recieve said accomodations!!! (not excuses...) And, yes, when you pay for a cabin with Concierge Service, you are paying for that SERVICE! This has nothing to do with any so called class system, tipping, or anything else that those who disagree are trying to bring up... IMHO, they are like way off-base. Completely way off topic of the original post.

I personally hate to see that there are people who, instead of having anything positive or informative to say, seem to simply flame innocent posters with negative disagreements. :confused:

I read the original post after seeing this one and completely agree with Gardan's decision to tip a lower amount. Here's another analogy: If I go out to eat at a restaurant, I do not want to have to remind the waiter/waitress to do their job. If they do not refill my drink, check on our satisfaction during the meal, or bring the check promptly, etc. they will get less than the "recommended" tip. Same with a cruise. This is a service-oriented business. If you give great service = great tip. If you give good service = good tip. If you give bad service = bad tip. Regardless of which deck or room you're on. If that happened to us in a Cat. 11 room, I'd still be appalled. I have 3 kids and can totally understand the frustration one would feel to have to come back to an unfinished room. As far as the harsh comments, they should be taken off the thread as soon as they are posted because they are irrelevant to the topic. I was of the understanding that the Debate Board was the only place on the DIS where one could get personal like that. Gardan, I hope you will not be so disillusioned from your experience here on the DIS that you stop venting your opinions or stop looking for advice. I assure you there are many more supporters here than critics. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter