• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EE during EMH

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
We were at WDW 3 years ago when they were building Expedition Everest. We are excited about finally getting to ride it this October! I have a question about Evening EMH. Are the wait times for it long during Evening EMH, or will we be able to ride it a few times? Last time, we spent just about the whole evening in DinoLand riding DINOSAUR and Primeval Whirl. In July, we didn't have to wait very long for these rides, so I was wondering if in October, EE would be the same way--short lines!!!

Each EMH experience can be different.

I can say, from personal experience, that they CAN be
EMPTY, or FULL or somewhere IN-BETWEEN for attendance,
often within the same week.
PM EMH's are a mixed bag. I've been when they were
PACKED... but on other nights (sometimes within the
same trip), the crowds were basically so low that it
was like "free rides" on all the open attractions.

Those who have attended PM EMH's and say that "they
are TOO CROWDED" are right... but ONLY for the nights
they may have attended.
I can say, from personal experience, that they CAN be
EMPTY, or FULL or somewhere IN-BETWEEN for attendance,
often within the same week.

------------------
We went to PM EMH at AK on a Wed night and PM EMH at MK
on a Sun night (early Spring visit.)
The EMH's were so EMPTY that we could have stayed on many attractions and ridden around and around.
This included Splash, BTM, and Pirates (and many more) at
MK, and Exp. Everest, Kali, and Dinosaur at AK. And
the crowds during the DAY at these parks were very
LARGE... within the first hour of EMH, they simply
"evaporated."

But, it can change so much (either way), that saying
EMH was "like X" on a given night, can be meaningless
on another night in the same time-period. So, you
simply don't KNOW unless you go.

The rule seems to be, it is far easier for guests to
STAY UP at the end of the day, than it is for them to
GET UP at the start of the day.

The great thing about evening EMH at AK in Oct, is doing everest in comparative Dark. It is a great ride, and like splash and Big thunder, is cool in the dark!

We just got home this past Monday morning from our trip to WDW and one night we went to AK for EMH and at first the rides were so crowded but about a half an hour before closing my kids ran on EE about 4 times in a row without any wait at all . Of course it was 12 midnight by then. :yay:

Depending on what time of year you visit I'm sure it's different, but I'd like to throw some EE-emptiness your way! :wizard: We were there the week after Thanksgiving and the first week of December last year and we did EMH at Animal Kingdom one night. The park itself felt empty, and EE had NO WAITS, honestly. Neither did Dinosaur and at one point we were going from one to the other! That started at about 5:00 pm and was that way until the park closed at 8. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Last December, my family went to AK just for the evening EMH so we could go on EE and walked on at least 3 times in a row. Probablly the only wait was for the next car to come into the station. No wait time at all. But I'm sure it depends on the time of year and the time of night. Alas, I don't remember what time it was when we went...

Thanks for all the info!!! I've just never been in October, so I don't know what to expect. Hopefully, we'll get to ride several times. I just love AK at night!

Wednesday, Oct 31, 2007: DS and I went to AK EMH after a full day at IOA (DW and DD stayed at AKL). It was beyond dead. We rode EE, walked over and rode Dinosaur, then went back to EE and rode 10x in a row. As soon as we got off, we ran back through the queue and got right back on a train. Eventually, they closed the normal queue and used the FP line as a (shorter) alternative. This EMH went from 5-8pm and we didn't get there until about 6:30pm, so we did all that in 1.5hrs.

And we got some great (i.e., no other people) Photopass pics, including a "purple" EE in the background.

I usually have pretty good luck getting on Everest at night during EMH without a wait. They are very good about checking the wrist bands at that ride.

But evening EMH in general are very hit or miss. You just never know how many people will be there. I try to look at EMH as bonus time--extra time to revisit the attractions that I want to ride again, not as a way to get some of the big rides out of the way. I've have been to EMH on nights when the lines were so long that I just walked out and went back to the resort rather than staying.

Off topic question here. Can someone use a park ticket that the person has not entered the park for EMH for a FP? We are going in November and want to go to MK for EMH from 10:00 to 1:00 am. Since all parties in our group might not be attending, can we use their park hopper tickets to get extra FP?

Like it has already been mentioned EMHs can be a hit or miss as far as crowd levels. We've been when we've been able to walk right on rides, ride, get off and get right back on. And we've also been when we've had to wait 10-15 minutes.

I would recommend riding EE at night because in my opinion it makes it that much better and has a different feel to it.

Off topic question here. Can someone use a park ticket that the person has not entered the park for EMH for a FP? We are going in November and want to go to MK for EMH from 10:00 to 1:00 am. Since all parties in our group might not be attending, can we use their park hopper tickets to get extra FP?

No you can't. The park ticket has to be activated at the gate in order to get a fastpass...:)

We have had great luck with EMH and the line for Everest. At the start it was almost as long as at the park close but by the end was walk up and get on the ride. Have fun! You'll love it!

Last year we were at the EMH the week after Thanksgiving and EE was just about a walk on. I think we rode it 4 times that night and would have ridden it more if we didn't need to get over to Epcot for Illuminations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter