EE is Back!!!!!! Effective Oct. 1st

TimNDansMom

DIS Veteran
Just found this out:

It's called "Extra Magic Hour". One of the four parks will open one hour early on a rotating basis to Disney resort guests

At the same time, the Character Caravan, where characters greeted guests at select hotels during the week, will be discontinued.

Theme Park Days:

MK - Sunday and Thursday
DISNEY~MGM STUDIOS - Tuesday and Saturday
AK - Monday and Friday
Epcot - Wednesday

Other Changes are:

More characters greeting guests at MK

More character meet and greet at EPCOT

Princess Storybook Breakfast at the Norway Pavilion in Epcot will become a regular offering.

Beauty and the Beast show at Disney-MGM Studios expands to
7-days-a-week.

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party expands to 7 nights

Live entertainment added to this year's Epcot International Food & Wine Festival with "Eat to the Beat" music series featuring:
The Temptations Review
The 5th Dimension
Sister Sledge
Chubby Checkers
and others

The Hunchback of Notre Dame will end its 7-year run on September 28, at Disney~MGM Studios

WDW is extending the 100 Years of Magic Celebration through February 28, 2003

I'm sorry to see the "Hunchback" show end as I never got around to seeing it, thinking always, "next time". :( Also, I read on the Rumour Board that the "Tarzan" show at AK is ending too. I always liked that show and if they do end it, I hope they replace it with something as lively.

I was just coming here to post about EE too.

Now I'm SO excited about this! We're booked to camp there Jan 1 to 10 since before they took away the EE. Over these months we've weathered our disappointment & some increasingly frequent discussions about camping versus cheap off-site hotel. Now I'm doing a Happy dance! For now... please, please let the Cdn Park Hopper deal come thru still!!!

Oh and I hope the U.S. is not at war too when we go.

And a nicer Cdn dollar and...

Anyone remember that Steve Martin Christmas routine about having 3 wishes? It's a favourite around here.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

YIPEEE!!!

I'M DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!!

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!

GROVER IN WINNIPEG

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

would someone let me know why the EE is such a benefit?? I've read the digruntled disers when EE went bye bye. I'm just wondering if i am missing something. I think I am missing something (wouldn't be the first time lol) cuz a lot of you are thrilled it is back. pls let me know what i am missing...i don't like not knowing. though you'd think i'd be used to it by now.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I will now have to re schedule my tenative park plans now. With the E mornings and extended MK hours during the week

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Excellent. EE was something we really took advantage of when we could. Character Caravan was of no use to us.

Nagle

This is awsome news!

Thanks for the info!

The Caravan was a big dissappointment!
I would rather spend the extra time at the parks!

Thanks
Scratch
:smooth:
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

My DD and I are planning a trip next August so now this means we will probably stay on site.
I know that if you are the hotels in Downtown Disney you can do the E-nights, is it the same for EE into the parks, or does it have to be one of the Disney resorts?
Just curious as we will probably do POFQ as we really enjoyed staying there. :D

Well this sucks I want the Caravan back it was much more fun and something we actually used we hate EE it was a waste of time for us we never used it only once then we left the park as it was extremely busy after that first hour. It was also quite busy during the first hour to.

We are happy to hear the news... and about time. Unfortunately, it was cancelled on our last trip. As early risers, we used it every day on our previous trip. Because we go in January, the hours are short enough, so EE definitely helped.
roque...I'll put it this way: we use a 7 day hopper pass and use EE every day...that's 7 extra hours in the parks on one trip! Plus, in those hours, it is pretty well a walk-on to the rides...sounds good to us.
We went to the Caravan a few times and it was always characters we had seen before. I understand that Disney is going to put more emphasis on character meets in the future. I did notice that there were certainly more opportunities to meet characters in our last trip compared to the previous trip.
Canadave

Canadave, thanks. I am not an early riser. However, if i could walk on to several of my favorite rides, then go back to the resort to rest...I think i would be willing to set the alarm clock!!:D thanks for reesponding to my ?.

I am glad EE is back. We did take advantage of it in 2001. This trip(just got back) I found the park hours limited. Everything opened at 9:00am and closed early. Had one night with nothing to do!as we had already done DD. I would rather they stay open later. It would make an afternoon break more feasible. We were there during the slow period so I understand why, but I don't think I'll go back in September for that reason. i must adnit it was nice to sleep in a bit. Usually with EE I was up at 6:30am to get everyone ready!

Cdn Mom I read your post about camping from Jan 1 to 10. Is it cool then to camp. I have a trailer near Rockton and we camp till our thanksgiving weekend and it's pretty cool at night.

Thought I would ask as we might be able to plan a bargain trip for early next year if it's not too bad.........

markone: I hear it can be anything that time of year and can change daily. So be prepared, basically. But people do do it and say they enjoy it. Search on the Camping board for info. There's also this recent post about January weather. I'm not sure how to link so in case this doesn't work look up:
"First Week of January" under Disney Resorts board.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=266646&goto=newpost

We're going to try it in our tent and we're new campers. Sounds like someone who camps in a trailer in Ontario at Thanksgiving could handle it. Good luck!

Thanks for the link. Yes, it sounds like it could be a mixed bag.

You mentioned you were tenting it. Do you have a tent that zips up along the bottom. If not you may want to bring some clothe pins or something to keep it closed. You know about those little salamanders that are everywhere, although they are harmless. Just remember my daughter couldn't catch any of them.

Betcha it could be really nice camping there, and you know the days will be decent. No worse than camping on May 24 weekend.

All the best for your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter