• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Effect of recent price increases

E.Jane

Mouseketeer
I have a package reservation for early December. This morning I went online to add a dining reservation, and there was a message for me, saying due to recent ticket price increases, the cost of my package has changed. My cart had 4 tickets in it, with the increased price, and a link to follow through to pay for them immediately. No option to tie them back in with the hotel reservation. Additionally, my park reservations have been cancelled. So, I'm sitting on hold on the phone right now, but just thought I'd post something in case anyone else is in the same boat, but hasn't checked their reservations since the price increase.

I have a package reservation for early December. This morning I went online to add a dining reservation, and there was a message for me, saying due to recent ticket price increases, the cost of my package has changed. My cart had 4 tickets in it, with the increased price, and a link to follow through to pay for them immediately. No option to tie them back in with the hotel reservation. Additionally, my park reservations have been cancelled. So, I'm sitting on hold on the phone right now, but just thought I'd post something in case anyone else is in the same boat, but hasn't checked their reservations since the price increase.
Oh my gosh what!! That is really shocking. I have never heard of this happening. Is your package through Disney?

That is very odd. Hopefully you were able to straighten this out on your phone call.

That's weird. The only thing I can think of is that maybe it was supposed to mean that because of price increases any changes to the package would result in a different total. I wouldn't think they were retroactively changing already booked packages. Glad you got it all sorted out!

Good thing you didn't just blindly follow the email instructions.

Good old Disney. Always up for another tech glitch. 🙄

Even though I've been reassured that a down payment guarentees your price, the terms and conditions provided by Disney say otherwise. This thread and Disney's recent practices spooked me enough to pay off my balance today just in case. We collected enough discounted gift cards to cover all but <$10 dollars of our package fee and it just wasn't worth the risk to wait longer.
2022 PACKAGE BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Effective for arrivals through December 31, 2022.

Prices

All prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change until package is paid in full. After package is paid in full, package price is subject to change due to imposition of taxes or other governmental requirements. Prices are also subject to change due to modifications to package or package components.

Even though I've been reassured that a down payment guarentees your price, the terms and conditions provided by Disney say otherwise. This thread and Disney's recent practices spooked me enough to pay off my balance today just in case. We collected enough discounted gift cards to cover all but <$10 dollars of our package fee and it just wasn't worth the risk to wait longer.
WOW. I would have done the same thing you did.

Thank you for posting this. I ended up doing the same thing today - paid off our balance a month+ early. It's just a month, so it's not going to be that big of a deal. Definitely not worth the risk of having to pay what would end up being a few hundred more.

Was the package already paid? If so how did they raise the price now?

Was the package already paid? If so how did they raise the price now?
no, only a deposit paid so far. It's been sorted out - she admitted that it was definitely not the norm to get a notice of the price increase, and being asked to pay for the tickets now separately - they adjusted everything back to where it should have been.

no, only a deposit paid so far. It's been sorted out - she admitted that it was definitely not the norm to get a notice of the price increase, and being asked to pay for the tickets now separately - they adjusted everything back to where it should have been.
Good to hear. Enjoy your trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter