effectiveness of touringplans room request tool

Tigger1965

Tiggers like to bounce!!!
Just curious what people's experience has been having success (or not) with touringplans.com room request tool where they send in a fax for you several days before arrival.

I have it set up for my upcoming stay at POR but I was wondering how much I should rely on this or should I just do it myself as my stay gets closer.

We've had good success with it as well. I love the fact that I don't have to mess with it, just put in the room you like based on their room selector and hit submit. We've used it five times, got the exact room I requested twice, and got very close to what we asked for on the other three.

I really hope it works for me too! It's nice to not have to worry about it. Thanks!

The last time we stayed at POR I had paid for a river view room. When I got there, my room was a far from the river as it was possible to be and any view was completely obscured by a large tree. When we complained (it is not cheap for the riverview upgrade) it took 2 days to sort us out and then they had us in the most perfect room.

This time, I have paid for a garden view. I would really like to be in the mansions and in a room that is fairly close to the main pool, main lobby, main bus stop. Here's hoping for some pixie dust!pixiedust:

Got both my requests at POFQ & CSR in the room range they generated. I would recommend sticking with the room range they generate because it boosts your chances. Submitting a request with only 1 or 2 specific room numbers will almost guarantee your request not getting filled.

I think it works great and always use it. Worth mentioning it is not better/preferred over any other method. There is nothing about the TP service that increases your odds of getting your request. It's all based on availability. The only thing it affords you is that you don't have to bother with making the phone call. Otherwise, it's just luck on if you get it or not

For those who use the block of rooms TP generates, do you include them even if they arent in the same category? We are staying at AKL so the rooms generated are all different sizes.

I think it works great and always use it. Worth mentioning it is not better/preferred over any other method. There is nothing about the TP service that increases your odds of getting your request. It's all based on availability. The only thing it affords you is that you don't have to bother with making the phone call. Otherwise, it's just luck on if you get it or not

This! :thumbsup2

I have used it 2x, and with each time it we received exactly what we requested! Worth noting that both trips were in Mid-March where rooms are full and resorts busy.

I have used it once with great success (at POP) and once unsuccessfully (at WL). As others have said, I think it really depends on availability.

used it this past week and got a room about 2 doors down from what we wanted, so I say SUCCESS. It was a Value studio too and we got the area we wanted!

I received the view I wanted (just a few floors higher) at BLT using it. 2 times at AKL I got the polar opposite of my request, so who knows! I am checking in to AKL on Saturday and not expecting that I will get even close to my requested room, but there is always hope!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter