• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eggs back up

sasywtch

DIS Veteran
Anyone go shopping today? I was just at Walmart where 18 eggs were $7 again. Last week they were $3 The lady next to me asked me if Easter was soon and if that's why. Don't know what the reasoning is now.

Anyone go shopping today? I was just at Walmart where 18 eggs were $7 again. Last week they were $3 The lady next to me asked me if Easter was soon and if that's why. Don't know what the reasoning is now.
I paid $4.32 for 18 on Sunday at Walmart on Madison. My wife did baking so we used up the 18 we bought the week before, they were $4.32 then.

I paid $4.32 for 18 on Sunday at Walmart on Madison. My wife did baking so we used up the 18 we bought the week before, they were $4.32 then.
I may go over there and check it out. Maybe pick up some Arbys while there : )

edited to add: I just looked at shop walmart and it's saying $7.92 for Great Value 18 count eggs. Last time this happened I bought the brown eggs as they were cheaper (showing $3.92) but they did not have any brown eggs when I was there today. After reading all your responses, I thought maybe I missed something but I didn't. These are the same eggs I bought last week for $3++ (don't remember the exact price).

Last edited:

I did my shopping Monday and Great Value 18 pack was $8.14. No other brands were available at all. I passed.

Eggs are back up here in Maine. I believe they were over $3 the last time I looked, which was a couple of weeks ago. Sigh.

I am going to have to check when I go to the store tomorrow. I have all my dairy delivered (milk in glass bottles) and I get my eggs from them as well so I never look at that section when I shop. oddly the farm has not changed their prices since I joined (they did add $1 delivery fee) I heard on the news the were issues with bird flu so I’m not sure if that is driving the prices up.

Bought a dozen yesterday and noticed the prices were higher, I think I paid $3.69. We don't eat eggs much, so a dozen will last several weeks. Pre-covid the regular size eggs were $1.09, sometimes they'd go on sale for 99 cents.

I noticed this yesterday, they are back up to 29 cents for the cheapest ones (I shop online so easy to compare). They did go down a bit.

I am going to have to check when I go to the store tomorrow. I have all my dairy delivered (milk in glass bottles) and I get my eggs from them as well so I never look at that section when I shop. oddly the farm has not changed their prices since I joined (they did add $1 delivery fee) I heard on the news the were issues with bird flu so I’m not sure if that is driving the prices up.
Our DD picks up milk from a dairy in glass bottles. About 5 years ago, we watched the kids for several days while they were on a trip. I made her buy milk from the store in plastic. Didn't want to be dealing with heavy glass bottles with toddler under foot.

I paid 1.79 a dozen yesterday. I just checked and they are up to 1.99/dz today. So, yep, on the move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter