Eisner Article by Jim Hill

Pretty strong words, huh? They didn't mention Treasure Planet in the list of fupcoming savior possibilities...My daughter really likes the look of this one, but we've heard so little about it.

Anyway, it appears Iger isn't 'the relpacement' and while I personally don't think he's a bad guy - In fact I think he can do certain things very well, I agree that he doesn't appear to be a creative guy and for all of the good I think ME has done (past tense), I do hope its an imagination type that succeeds him. Bob Pittman certainly did good things at AOL during the boom time, but that makes me skeptical as to his 'tested' abilities (everyone did well during that dot.com anomaly). Plus, is his experience with Six Flaggs a plus or a negative? Well, if he thinks his job at SF was stuff legends are made of then I'd guess Disney would have a problem...If he views his SF years as successful given the material (resources) he had to work with, well then I'd feel a lot better!
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

The buzz is that Mr. Iger lost the corporate politics and is going to be taking the fall for ABC and other problems. Eisner can play the game better than almost anyone else in corporate America; Iger simply is the latest pretender to the throne to get offed.

And there is plenty of buzz about the rumors of the board’s interest in Mr. Pittman as well. AOL TimeWarner is going through its own patch of very bad times. There are lots of rumors of pending management shake-ups there as well. Many people have wondered which studio “leaked” the rumor. Making Mr. Pittman suddenly popular may have had more to do with internal AOL matters than with Disney.

Although nothing has been encouraging in several years from Disney, it is hopeful that the board is actually interested in somewith who has strong creative credentials. Maybe the shakeout from all the corporate scandals will include the obvious business notion that if you spend. put out a quality product, in the end, you'll make plenty of profit. That's how my company operates and everyone is happy from the consumer to our employees.

Figmentrocks - Your right about that. One example of putting out a good product was Chrysler. At one time, they had a very good product. Then the bean counters got control of the company. Had a friend who bought a Volare. The joke was it rusted out before it got to the end of the assembly line.

Like they say, " you got to spend money to make money".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter