Eisner Resigns!!!!!!!

Exactly, They could be Bought by a group like Vivendi (which of course have there own problems unrelated to Universal studios) that will let Disney do what it needs to to survive and prosper.

I disagree Yoho, Universal isn't in an enviable position with Vivendi. Sure there is new management and a 'commitment to excellece' being bandiend about. Even some rumors of new attractions, but in this scenerio Vivendi will be looking for a hefty return on these granted expenditures. If they fail to materialize look for a very bleak situation at US as sale rumors will be flying again. My point is that losing your independence could mean you get one shot to 'fix it' or face dire consequences. Does anyone really want Disney to be under that kind of gun? The pressure of failure would be so intense and the folly is that the improvemnets implemented could actully be very good and still fail due to outside extremities and do you think the parent company cares?

I don't believe Eisner is the end all, but I do hope that any successor DOES have his sense of survival...
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

Where is their any proof eisner cares at all beyond the value of his stock options??? If he does care his decision making ability hasnt shown it at all!!

Was your coment to me Bob? Because I wasn't really supportng much of anything Eisner has done, was I? I merely pointed out that his sense of survival has benefited Disney on at least two occasions in the past and I personally hope that any successor have that same particular trait...
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

I don't admit to knowing the Particulars of the Vivendi agreement, but I was given to understands that the Parks were barely a blip on the Radar for them and as such probably get a lot more leeway.
The Parks would benefit from being in a position where they represent the company to the masses not where they are soley responsible for keeping them in the black.

Captain, the comment wasnt directed at anybody, just a comment about what it appears is important to eisner now.
I agree i hope any successor would always fight for Disney's survival but thats is a CEO's job and eisner shouldnt get credit for that , that is his job, to make sure the company survives.
dscoop, of course when people are washed up they should leave. but most stay on far longer then they should and the last memory people have is of the bum they were at the end and not the excellant work they did before. People ruin their legacy by not knowing when to leave, eisners legacy now is known by more people as the failures of the recent past than by what happended a decade ago. In either sports or business its what have you done for me lately rather than what you did 10 yrs ago. Thats what Hall of Fame's are for unless you leave at the top of your game and not as a washed up hasp-been.

thats is a CEO's job and eisner shouldnt get credit for that , that is his job, to make sure the company survives.

As in "Don't praise Bob for getting shot at by the bad guys....that's just his job"?

I agree that a big change has to happen and Eisner's retirement wouldn't disappoint me, though.

We were at the World last week and as I walked around, I was wondering.... If Walt had survived a few more years. Even lived into his 80's (it would have been at least the early 80's by then).... if there had been a smooth transition of vision... What that is at WDW now that many people here love...(even those in other cars) wouldn't even have been considered? If the Eisner cycle is nearing its end, what will make the new cycle show promise? A partnership as many have alluded to would be great! But aren't most of the likely candidates as ego driven as Eisner?

I think any CEO of a major company will have a big EGO, but even with a big ego you should be able to work with others which eisner has shown he cant do since Wells death.

Watched the short tribute film (to Walt) at MGM while at the World last week (for the second time). This time, I watched the begining and ending parts with Eisner talking about Walt's vision with a more jaundiced eye. I was a bit less convinced of his dedication to that vision, but also to my understanding of it. Guess I've been reading this board too long.

Galahad my friend, don't let those threepers get to you! BTW, as usual, I agree with your other comments on this thread. While Eisner certainly may not be the man for the job any longer, he does deserve credit for those good things done on his watch...

But still is Pittman tested or creative enough to be the guy???
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter