• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Either way we'll be home

rigsby25

DIS Veteran
We want to go down Dec. 2 for 5 nights. This will be our first time ever going in December to see the decorations. I asked on this board, and found out that Dec 2 - 7 was a very popular time. I tried to rent points. We are always borrowing and my daughter is getting married at Disney in April. Then someone suggested that I make reservations at a value just to have something, and I just couldn't do it. I wound up borrowing more points to stay at our home resort, Old Key West. What I'd also like to do...we bought 100 pts. at AKV, but we can't reserve until May. And from what I understand, we will be borrowing our June, 2007 AKV points. If we can get in at AKV, and we cancel OKW, what will happen to the borrowed OKW points? If we need to use them in the current use year, then we'll be okay, right? My daughter is getting married April 2008 so we can use them then because our use year is June. We can use those points until June 2008. Am I thinking right?

We want to go down Dec. 2 for 5 nights. This will be our first time ever going in December to see the decorations. I asked on this board, and found out that Dec 2 - 7 was a very popular time. I tried to rent points. We are always borrowing and my daughter is getting married at Disney in April. Then someone suggested that I make reservations at a value just to have something, and I just couldn't do it. I wound up borrowing more points to stay at our home resort, Old Key West. What I'd also like to do...we bought 100 pts. at AKV, but we can't reserve until May. And from what I understand, we will be borrowing our June, 2007 AKV points. If we can get in at AKV, and we cancel OKW, what will happen to the borrowed OKW points?
As long as you cancel at least 31 days prior to arrival, the points go back into your account. The points you borrowed will still be borrowed points. They can't be banked or put back into their original use year so they will expire at the end of the use year into which they were borrowed. Since you have a June use year, the borrowed points will expire on May 31, 2008.
If we need to use them in the current use year, then we'll be okay, right? My daughter is getting married April 2008 so we can use them then because our use year is June. We can use those points until June 2008. Am I thinking right?
Yes, you could use the borrowed points for the April 2008 vacation, becasue April 2008 falls within your 2007 use year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter