El Pirata Y El Perico Restaurant

HockeyDad

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me why the El Pirata Y El Perico Restaurant in Magic kingdom is seasonal? It never seems to be open when I go. Thanks.

I have no idea :confused3 . This was our first trip where it wasn't opened. I kept hearing people on the board say it was seasonal but I had never seen it closed. This July, it was closed and we were very disappointed. We always get lunch there at least once during our visit.

I have no idea :confused3 . This was our first trip where it wasn't opened. I kept hearing people on the board say it was seasonal but I had never seen it closed. This July, it was closed and we were very disappointed. We always get lunch there at least once during our visit.

We usually go in February and occassionaly in October and it's never been open during those months.

I have only seen it open Christmas week the past few years. Too bad it is such a waste of space. Different food than the standard burger and hot dog:) I love the taco salad.

It was open from noon to 3 pm when we were there mid-to-late June.

I don't know if this has always been, but DH noticed people getting the same Taco Salad at Pecos Bills that I got from El Pirata...it makes sense they'd be identical since the restaurants are back to back. So, if El Pirata is closed, there's always the option of the taco salad at Pecos Bills.

It has been open the past several Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks from 10a - 4p only and I thought it was open during those hours that last July trip we made, maybe? So maybe it is only open during those peak attendance times. Not sure why though because it is always packed and yummy!

....... So maybe it is only open during those peak attendance times......

I hear what you're saying, but when we go it's during President's week in February, and it's still closed. It doesn't get much busier than that. There doesn't seem to be any particular rhyme or reason of when it's open.

I wanted to try the taco salad too this summer, at least now if its closed I will know t visit Pecos Bill instead.

Thanks

Emma

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter