• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Electric Bill For Proof of FL Residency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

limitdis

Mouseketeer
For those of use with driver's licenses in other states will a FL electric bill be ok for proof of residency?

For those of use with driver's licenses in other states will a FL electric bill be ok for proof of residency?

According to the website:

Florida Residency Requirements:

• Valid Florida driver’s license.
  • Valid Florida issued Sate ID or Government Issued ID with a Florida address.
  • Valid Florida voter registration card with corresponding photo ID.
  • Valid College ID from a Florida college or university.
  • For questions on other acceptable forms of Florida Residency ID requirements contact Guest Services at 407-363-8000.

we just bought a condo and are checking into hardrock this Thursday and I called twice and they said an electric bill is fine for proof of residency

we checked in yesterday with an electric bill at hard rock and it was fine. To get our tickets we showed a hoa bill from our condo which had both our names on it. Electric bill only had mine

Lots of people own property in Florida but aren't officially Florida residents. I'm surprised they let jackie101 use a utility bill or HOA bill for residency.

We are moving to another state in a few months and I am going to use the day I change my DL as the date of my new state residency for state income tax purposes.

If your drivers license is from another state, then you aren't a Florida resident.
WRONG! I own a house in KY and Fl....Even thou I spend more time in KY lately....I promise u I'm a resident of Florida...I pay a boat load of taxes every year in Florida....and my DL is KY...I voted in Florida this last election!

WRONG! I own a house in KY and Fl....Even thou I spend more time in KY lately....I promise u I'm a resident of Florida...I pay a boat load of taxes every year in Florida....and my DL is KY...I voted in Florida this last election!
Best to consult a lawyer my understanding:

Just because one pays real estate taxes in FL does not make them a citizen there. Where you file your federal taxes is important. Good idea to file a declaration of domicile with FL

Northern states have been challenging FL residency for those who claim dual residencies for, well, decades. They aren’t inclined to let their state income tax, inheritance tax etc. fall by the wayside. They have auditors who are very good at their jobs.

Where ever you are registered to vote is indeed a prime determining factor, along with your DL & vehicle registration/insurance. Your ‘home’ bank branch & whether you use the FL address is another indicator.

You generally have to be able to prove you physically lived in FL for 183 days to avoid paying (state income) taxes in another state. As in keep a log

There are other methodologies out there but, IMO, it’s up to Universal to post whatever criteria they want to use in order to obtain a discount.

I live in MA part time and part time in FL at my mother's house. I'm going to Disney alone this time can I show proof of residency with any type of mail I get at that address. She pays the major bills and my bank acct is in MA. Not sure how to show proof. any help would be great thanks

We have a 2nd home in FL, and have never had a problem getting a FL resident pass for Disney or Universal. You can use a property tax bill, electric bill, HOA bill, cable bill. It is important that, if you are a couple that both names are on one or more of the bills.

I live in MA part time and part time in FL at my mother's house. I'm going to Disney alone this time can I show proof of residency with any type of mail I get at that address. She pays the major bills and my bank acct is in MA. Not sure how to show proof. any help would be great thanks
Post #2, direct from the Universal website. Appears many people do show up and request the rate, armed with other documents to plead their case.

Just be advised that any anecdotal information you may receive here may be helpful but, YMMV, as they have a distinct written policy in place.

Do you have to show these documents each time you enter the park? We plan on bringing everything we have mortgage statements, bills etc. but I don't want to carry sensitive docs around all day everyday... Can they view them and shred them for you?

I do believe you just need to provide the "proof" when you first pick up your AP. After that, you just show your AP to get into the parks.

Another question though would be come renewal time, will Universal assume you still live in FL and let you renew without showing any proof or will you have to provide proof again?

Do you have to show these documents each time you enter the park? We plan on bringing everything we have mortgage statements, bills etc. but I don't want to carry sensitive docs around all day everyday... Can they view them and shred them for you?
I didn't have to. But they did suggest to take a picture of it just in case they asked to see it.

Best to consult a lawyer my understanding:

Just because one pays real estate taxes in FL does not make them a citizen there. Where you file your federal taxes is important. Good idea to file a declaration of domicile with FL

Northern states have been challenging FL residency for those who claim dual residencies for, well, decades. They aren’t inclined to let their state income tax, inheritance tax etc. fall by the wayside. They have auditors who are very good at their jobs.

Where ever you are registered to vote is indeed a prime determining factor, along with your DL & vehicle registration/insurance. Your ‘home’ bank branch & whether you use the FL address is another indicator.

You generally have to be able to prove you physically lived in FL for 183 days to avoid paying (state income) taxes in another state. As in keep a log

There are other methodologies out there but, IMO, it’s up to Universal to post whatever criteria they want to use in order to obtain a discount.
That would be prudent if we were talking about Florida citizenship, but we aren't. Much like Disney, one only needs to prove residency in Florida, which simply means owning a place to reside. I have had 0 issues at Disney or Universal simply showing a joint bank statement with the address of my 2nd home in Florida and both mine and my wife's names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter