Electric Scooter substitute for Golf Cart

clkelley

<font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo
I went to Ft. Wilderness last December and had a ball. However, I hate riding the bus inside Ft. Wilderness and stopping every 100 yards at each bus stop.

I'll be camping at Ft. Wilderness in December and once again won't have a car. Since I'm not willing to pay for a car, I most definitely won't pay for a golf cart.

However, I do own an electric scooter that my hubby uses for his WDW trips. (I'll be solo for this trip)

I know the airlines will transport it in addition to my luggage, and Mears actually has better than normal service for those with scooters.

My question is, has anyone used or seen folks using electric scooters as internal Ft. Wilderness transportation?? My plan is to drive it to the last transfer point inside Ft. Wilderness and park it where golf carts are parked (locked and covered, of course).

Does this sound feasibile?

Thanks for your input!!

I don't see why not! I haven't seen other people using them around the campground - but I'm sure they're there! :D

There are a lot of electric scooters used in the parks now, so I'm sure we'll be seeing more and more of them in the campground too.

On our last trip we saw several people using them ..... almost all, very responsible. Unfortunately, there were two teen-age boys that almost took out a couple of groups of people and were playing chicken with golf carts. Our thought at the time was that Disney would not be far away from banning them if they had any "incidents" involving them. While I am certain that the majority of owners are safe riders, perhaps you should check with the front desk or security people at FW before going to all the hassle of transporting your scooter only to find out they aren't welcome. They really seemed like a great way to get around the park ....... hope it works out for you!

My husband uses an EVC for health reasons. ( He has Lou gehrigs and as such is unable to walk without a walker and diffinently must have EVC to travel any distance.) Now as you know these are not cheap toys---His cost 3,995.00 a couple of years ago. Traveling with the EVC is the only way he would be able to go to WDW and enjoy any of our vacations. I would find it hard to believe Disney wouldn't let a guest use their own evc. ( boy can I hear the word LITIGATE) Becasue it is a motorized means of transportation I wouldn't be surprized if you have to use care in operating the EVC---but that goes with out words. I also know that if you are handicapped and an EVC is your means of "walking" you can take it even on paths that say no motorized vehicles. Airlines are required to transport Wheelchairs, EVC, walkers, and such if you are disabled. Just let the ticketing agent know when you book your airline ticket. Know the type of battery in the cart and any operating instructions the flight staff might request. Now just go and have a good time. One other word---If you plan to leave the cart for long periods of time chain it up. ( rain can cause havic with the electronics) You just never know so better safe than sorry. PattyN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter