Electric Water Pageant

We are staying at pop century. Can we watch from the Polynesian? If yes, where do we need to be? Thanks

You can see it from the beach there. You could also catch it in front of the Magic Kingdom and be closer to a bus back to Pop.

Now you've got me thinking that they should add a water pageant to Pop and AOA!

The EWP is absolutely one of my favorite things about Disney World. I too really had no clue about till the 1st time we stayed at the WL. Last trip we were at the Poly and watching it from the beach or pool was one of the highlights of our trip

I would just add that the times/notes on Disney’s website are more fitting to when Wishes used to be at 10pm often. These days, HEA is rarely at 10pm, except for around Thanksgiving and Christmas. HEA moves around quite a bit - 8pm, 9pm, 9:15pm (which it is right now, the same time EWP is listed at GF), etc - so I’d recommend to always check fireworks times and allow for a wide window for the EWP depending on exact circumstances on your particular evening. This is one of the reasons that EWP info (and CM info) is often not totally precise.

This is my DH favorite thing. He watched it almost every night of our honeymoon. And when we were planning our trip for this year, he asked if we were going to be able to stay someplace we could watch the ELWP.
Mine too! I got to book my bucket list resort this year because he said if we book a trip we have to do it at resort on the ELWP route. I said "I think I can make that happen!"

We love the EWP. It is part of the appeal of staying at the GF for us. Even when we don’t stay there, we will often eat at Narcoosee’s during the EWP. They let you leave your table to watch the parade from the dock. I learned an interesting bit of EWP trivia from a boat transport CM. When WDW was closed on 9/11, the marine department decided that the EWP would go on. They ran the parade as usual and many, many more people than usual watched from the Poly, Contemporary and GF. So the EWP was the one event that day not cancelled because of terrorism.

We saw it our first night at CR room right next to the lake. It was neat. I thought we had missed it until we heard the music.

The pageant is cool to see once or twice. But the music is so loud, especially if you happen to have a Boca Chica lagoon view at GF. The floats are right at your sliding glass door. Anyone who was sleeping won’t be after the pageant cruises by.

Also, the time listed for the pageant on MDE seems to be an estimate. So if it’s a must see, plan to be at your viewing spot early.

The pageant is cool to see once or twice. But the music is so loud, especially if you happen to have a Boca Chica lagoon view at GF. The floats are right at your sliding glass door. Anyone who was sleeping won’t be after the pageant cruises by.

Also, the time listed for the pageant on MDE seems to be an estimate. So if it’s a must see, plan to be at your viewing spot early.

Try having a Poly bungalow for six nights. It basically parks on your deck. The music is SO LOUD. We still enjoyed it each night though.

We love the EWP. It is part of the appeal of staying at the GF for us. Even when we don’t stay there, we will often eat at Narcoosee’s during the EWP. They let you leave your table to watch the parade from the dock. I learned an interesting bit of EWP trivia from a boat transport CM. When WDW was closed on 9/11, the marine department decided that the EWP would go on. They ran the parade as usual and many, many more people than usual watched from the Poly, Contemporary and GF. So the EWP was the one event that day not cancelled because of terrorism.

I hadn't even thought of this, I'm staying at GF for the first time next month, it will be really cool to be able to see it from the resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter