Element Anaheim Resort & Convention Center

jhlmendez

Earning My Ears
Hello. We recently made a reservation to stay at the Element Anaheim Resort & Convention Center at 1600 S Clementine St. over the first part of MLK weekend (1/12 - 1/15). I was hoping to hear impressions from people who stayed there recently. How were the accommodations? Is it too far from the park? What time did you leave the hotel in order to be at the parks for rope drop?

Also, any other tidbits or recommendations would be most welcome.

We stayed here and loved it! For us the walk was about 13ish minutes to the front gate. We have teens and we all did just fine with the walk. The room was great and the breakfast was awesome too! There isn’t a lot of food options near the hotel. But garden walk is close by and you will walk by some food options on the way to and from the parks. They also had some snacks and frozen food for purchase near the front desk since the rooms have a full kitchen.

Here is a video of our walk:

And here is the video of our room:

Hope that helps! Have a great trip ☺️

Love the Element. It is my secret hidden gem.......that I have told all of our friends and family about...so I guess not so secret! They have the best in house made scones at the breakfast buffet. Rooms are huge and very clean. The walk is super easy. We did it with a 9 and 7 year old daily for a week. It's a less crowded walk than walking down Harbor to hotels at the Convention Center. The only downside is there is no hot tub, and the pool is a tad small.... but most pools in the Disneyland area are small compared to Walt Disney World! We left the hotel around 7:00ish and made it easily through security and were positioned well at the turnstiles for rope drop!

We've stayed at many hotels in Anaheim, and this one was nice and refreshing compared to others that are very much in need of some refurbishments!

Enjoy!

Has anyone stayed in one of the kids suites with the bunk beds? I am taking my 3 year old daughter and my parents in January. Are the bunk beds full sized? My husband and 1 year old are staying home so if the bunk beds are regular twin sized then my parents could sleep in the king bed and I could just sleep in a bunk bed and we could all stay in one room instead of getting 2 rooms somewhere.

Has anyone stayed in one of the kids suites with the bunk beds? I am taking my 3 year old daughter and my parents in January. Are the bunk beds full sized? My husband and 1 year old are staying home so if the bunk beds are regular twin sized then my parents could sleep in the king bed and I could just sleep in a bunk bed and we could all stay in one room instead of getting 2 rooms somewhere.
Yes, we did. I slept in the bunk bed one night. It was a normal twin bed. I even slept on the bottom bunk and slept fine. They also have 2 queen plus bunk bed rooms. That's what we had! Tons of room for sleeping. Plus, those rooms have a pull-out sofa as well! I suppose that room in particular has room to sleep 8 if need be.

Yes, we stayed there in September in the king/bunk suite. The bunk beds are a standard twin size. My 5'6" daughter had no issue sleeping in one, though both of my kids found the metal ladder uncomfortable to climb up and down. I will point out that there is no door or other divider between the two spaces, so the privacy is a bit limited.

We loved the Element. The room was great, beds were super comfortable, having the full kitchenette was great (we even ran the dishwasher with the provided detergent), breakfast was top notch, staff were very helpful. We didn't pay for a theme park view, but we nonetheless had a peekaboo view of California Adventure. My couple of niggling complaints would be: (1) I could never figure out what setting was actually off-off for the motion sensor light in the bathroom to stop it from turning on automatically during late-night restroom visits; (2) the lack of refillable shampoo/conditioner containers in the shower; and (3) the breakfast starts at 7 on weekends, which means you're eating fast if you want to make it to the front of a rope drop line (what we did was take stuff back to the room on Friday morning to have for breakfast in the room on Saturday morning).

It took us around 10 minutes to walk to the park, but we're fast walkers (two adults plus 12 and 14 year olds). We left around 7 both days and ended up at Harbor before the security screening was open.

Attachments

• PXL_20220916_191038386.jpg
    PXL_20220916_191038386.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
It's a good hotel if you can get it at a good price. Probably my top recommendation for people without any hotel elite status and are comfortable with the walk/price. Any place closer to the park will either be lower quality or significantly higher priced.
The air conditioning is a bit loud and pretty much everything else has already been mentioned.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am glad to hear the positive reports and advice. Does anyone have any experience w/ early check-in at this hotel? Our plane lands at SNA around 10:00am and I am hoping to check-in and take a brief rest before heading to the parks/DTD around noonish. We booked through Costco and I have had some trouble linking our reservation to the Marriott Bonvoy app.

We just got back from a stay here last week. It was me and my 13 year old, and we had no issues with the walk (around 10 minutes).
The hotel was very nice, free breakfast was great. We had a kids suite as I got a killer deal and it was so nice to have the separation. The soundproofing in the rooms was very poor though. I could hear every step the family in the room above us took. They were up late at night and it was so loud ( I swear they were bowling up there) so maybe bring ear plugs or a sound machine just in case!
We arrived late at night so I don't have any input on early check in.

We stayed here and loved it! For us the walk was about 13ish minutes to the front gate. We have teens and we all did just fine with the walk. The room was great and the breakfast was awesome too! There isn’t a lot of food options near the hotel. But garden walk is close by and you will walk by some food options on the way to and from the parks. They also had some snacks and frozen food for purchase near the front desk since the rooms have a full kitchen.

Thank you. Great videos. I had already watched them both several times (and numerous others on your channel). Thanks for sharing.

No problem! We are staying again in November in a different room type. If you want us to check anything specific out for you, let me know!

Thank you so much for these videos! I was a little worried about the walk but I think we will be okay now that I've seen your videos! We will be there next Friday and we are so excited! we have reserved the King w/bunk beds room as we have 4 kiddos. Thank you for the room walk through! We can't wait!

Thank you so much for these videos! I was a little worried about the walk but I think we will be okay now that I've seen your videos! We will be there next Friday and we are so excited! we have reserved the King w/bunk beds room as we have 4 kiddos. Thank you for the room walk through! We can't wait!
Thank you!! So exciting!! Have so much fun!! Our kids really liked this hotel, especially the breakfast and the juice machine. Lol. Safe travels!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am glad to hear the positive reports and advice. Does anyone have any experience w/ early check-in at this hotel? Our plane lands at SNA around 10:00am and I am hoping to check-in and take a brief rest before heading to the parks/DTD around noonish. We booked through Costco and I have had some trouble linking our reservation to the Marriott Bonvoy app.

I was not able to check in at about 3ish and they had me wait till 4PM on a Monday. I have Marriott Titanium status, so I would have expected them to at least offer me the choice of any available room even if it wasn't the exact type I booked. So based on my experience, you'll likely have to leave your bag with them and return at 4PM to get your room.

We stayed there in September in one of the two queen/bunk bed/sofa pull out rooms since I had to use Marriott points and we had 7 people. We arrived early (around 1p) and were given our room right away, so they do early check in well. It was comfortable, although with that many people we usually prefer something with 2 bathrooms but it was fine for one night. The bunk beds fit our average-sized (5'6"ish) teens comfortably, they're twin sized. Our plan was to walk over to the parks then Lyft back but couldn't acquire a Lyft at park closing and were happily surprised at how close it seemed on the way back. (And this despite the fact that we walked over in 106 degree heat ...). The room was lovely.

My only complaint was that there wasn't enough towels for 7 people, (think there was 3) and there were 0 wash cloths. Requested them when we left for the park, they were not there when we got back, called down to front desk who said they'd send some up, they did not, after an hour I went downstairs myself to ask for them, the front desk person said they'd bring them up, an hour after that I called again and they did bring them.

Reactions: CJN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter