Elephant misfire on jungle cruise

I always heard that if you touched the water in the Jungle Cruise (like slipped getting out of the boat and dipped your foot in) that you had to get a tetanus shot.

I always heard that if you touched the water in the Jungle Cruise (like slipped getting out of the boat and dipped your foot in) that you had to get a tetanus shot.

Heard the same thing. Though... I also heard that JC CMs used to go "temple diving" in the darker parts of the evening. Jump from the temple to the top of an unsuspecting boat and a miss would result in a splashdown and tetanus shot... wait, what do you mean this post belongs on the rumor board? What?!

Okay-now I don't feel so strange as that also happened to me a few years ago. I am of course always the person in my family to get soaked on Kali River Rapids and other water rides. I thought the elephant getting me in the back was a bit of a fluke as well as I had not seen it happen to anyone else. Now, Kali River Rapids is a different story. Glad it wasn't too bad!
Elizabeth

If I have to get a tetanus shot I'll be an unhappy camper. I don't think that is the case though- because I'm sure staff members would be trained to speak with guests following an "elephant" incident- or I would have expected to be greeted by a mgmt type cast member when getting off. I would also expect that if that were the case, they would actually have better precautions against it happening since people are so sue crazy.

Wow I'm sorry to hear that OP, that would suck. It would be especially bad for me since I have perforated eardrums due to a childhood injury and me + water in ear = raging ear infection. You can bet I'd be one mad guest! :sick:

I'm almost positive the Cast Member judges when to go - it's not any kind of mechanical malfunction...i had a new CM who almost misjudged and stopped the boat short once...i would have welcomed the spray of water! But complaining won't do anything but get the Cast Member in trouble. And I guarantee they didn't do it on purpose.

I think the water in the Jungle Cruise goes through a cleaning system at some point, its not just natural stagnant water.

The color is added to the water by CM, at least that's what the CM told us when we did our behind the scenes tour of MK a few years ago.

This happened to someone on our boat this summer. I always thought you were safe to not get wet (that they were somehow made to not spray the boat).

Anytime someone gets hit with the elephant water, it is generally an accident, either due to the skipper not stopping at the right spot or the timing being off. Think about it: the skipper is likely to get hit first. Don't worry about needing a tetanus shot. The water coming from the elephants is not the same water that the boats are on and it is clean in case people get hit.

Anytime someone gets hit with the elephant water, it is generally an accident, either due to the skipper not stopping at the right spot or the timing being off.

Sorry but I'm not sure I buy that. It's supposed to be a joke - elephant looks like it will squirt you then it doesn't. If it actually squirts guests there is a big problem that needs to be fixed. I'd be pretty pissed if I got sprayed with water while I happened to be taking a picture and it wrecked my camera or phone, for example. Or if a little kid got sprayed all of a sudden. There are rides where I expect to get wet - Splash Mountain, Kali, and I take appropriate precautions to protect things. Jungle Cruise isn't one of them.

Sorry but I'm not sure I buy that. It's supposed to be a joke - elephant looks like it will squirt you then it doesn't. If it actually squirts guests there is a big problem that needs to be fixed. I'd be pretty pissed if I got sprayed with water while I happened to be taking a picture and it wrecked my camera or phone, for example. Or if a little kid got sprayed all of a sudden. There are rides where I expect to get wet - Splash Mountain, Kali, and I take appropriate precautions to protect things. Jungle Cruise isn't one of them.

I work at the Jungle Cruise. If your boat doesn't stop in time, you will get wet, which is why it is important to be paying attention in that spot. Skippers are trained to know where to stop, but some boats take time to stop. Also, if it rains, it messes with the timing. You could stop correctly and then it doesn't come up. You wait, and wait, and wait, decide to go, and then it comes up.

I wish I could use a FP to have the opportunity to make this happen to my wife. We have a history of playing little pranks on each other for over a decade, and this would force her to declare me the champion, lol.

I'm sorry you got sprayed but I'm SOOO glad you told us this!!! Every time it comes to that part I pretty much look right down the snout of that thing. I'm not sure how I'd feel about a direct spray to the face. Lol.

Now I will be at least holding me ears. Hate water in the ear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter