Eliminate the Park Reservation Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another reason not to go back. I will never return until it is back the way I like it. I expect to be able to buy APs, see fireworks and shows, get my picture taken while hugging characters, eat, etc.

I am fine without WDW. I won't pay for the crap that they are selling right now. I am stunned that people who know how much they are being ripped off are.
One less person in line in front of me.

Just another reason not to go back. I will never return until it is back the way I like it. I expect to be able to buy APs, see fireworks and shows, get my picture taken while hugging characters, eat, etc.

I am fine without WDW. I won't pay for the crap that they are selling right now. I am stunned that people who know how much they are being ripped off are.
Not everyone likes the same things. My two trips in the last year have been about 99% normal. Would be 100% without the masks, which I can now pretty much almost do without. So nope, definitely not getting ripped off, not even close.
Fireworks would be the one single thing that I do some trips that isn't back yet, but I don't see them every trip anyway.

If you don't want to go to the parks now, that's fine, nobody's making you. But don't lump everyone into the same group, that's grossly inaccurate.

Not everyone likes the same things. My two trips in the last year have been about 99% normal. Would be 100% without the masks, which I can now pretty much almost do without. So nope, definitely not getting ripped off, not even close.
Fireworks would be the one single thing that I do some trips that isn't back yet, but I don't see them every trip anyway.

If you don't want to go to the parks now, that's fine, nobody's making you. But don't lump everyone into the same group, that's grossly inaccurate.
You’re right, different strokes for different folks.
But we can easily agree that they are providing a watered down experience in practically every aspect for the same prices as if things were completely open. That’s easy to see.

I think the comparison is that people are saying universal is practically open for business as normal, while Disney is still lagging tremendously behind. Which is a factual statement
The post literally said, "it's time to eliminate park reservations. Universal has done so." There's really only one way to interpret that IMO.

You’re right, different strokes for different folks.
But we can easily agree that they are providing a watered down experience in practically every aspect for the same prices as if things were completely open. That’s easy to see.
Sure, for some people, not everyone. Definitely not watered down for me.

I have no real interest in the characters - and not that big an interest in parades. But the biggest joy for me was spending time in the parks at night - cooler in summer - and so beautiful during the holidays. Love how they decorate HS and MK.

Not sure if they have any nighttime hours now, but can't imagine holidays with just daytime hours - we wouldn't go back until we could visit at night (without having to pay an additional triple digit hard tic cost.)

I think APs will come back before they get rid of the reservation system. I can see why they want to know where people are planning to go for part of the day. They may not ever go away. I could see them adjusting how many an AP holder can have as capacity increases though.

Theme Park Reservations are here to stay. Once capacity restrictions are lifted, availability won’t be a challenge except maybe on very particular days (like Fourth of July, Xmas, NYE). It won’t be the headache it is now, and it won’t make last-minute trips go away. Guests will just have to make their park reservations when they purchase their tickets (like the system DLR has rolled out) or book their package. That’s how Disney will “force” a guest to make Park Reservations, and most Guests will plan them in advance like they do with dining naturally anyways.

The topic is the reservation system, If you want to argue about semantics, fireworks, etc. this thread will be closed.
Can I ask a question? And I'm genuinely curious, I can't imagine how hard it is to regulate things on here. But if there's no arguing, and people are having a civil conversation, why does it matter if everything stays perfectly on topic all the time? Like 99% of threads on these boards go off topic at one point or another without posts ever getting deleted. It just gets frustrating when it seems to only happen on this forum, that is supposed to be self-regulated.
Again, no disrespect, just trying to understand why this board seems so incredibly vastly different from every single other forum on this site.

I think like previous posters have said that the reservation system is here to stay, but that it’s not going to be hard to get one once capacity is normal. Fasspass reservations system used to provide them an approximate guest count for helping with staffing appropriately, the new reservation system has now taken its place.

I thought when they rolled out the reservation system, it was stated that it was part of an effort that was already underway - and they just moved up the launch for COVID. And when you think of Disney IT, do you really think they could have cobbled together a reservation system for all 4 parks, based on different tiers of ticket holders, in 2-3 months? They can't even get reservation systems for after hours parties to work consistently well and those have been going on for ever.

Bottom line - I'm pretty sure Disney was moving that direction any way and the pandemic just accelerated it a bit. Park reservations are likely here to stay for awhile.

I think like previous posters have said that the reservation system is here to stay, but that it’s not going to be hard to get one once capacity is normal. Fasspass reservations system used to provide them an approximate guest count for helping with staffing appropriately, the new reservation system has now taken its place.
This is why I don't get why some people seem to have such a large problem with it. Other than APs who have a limit to how many they can hold at a time, that frustration I totally understand. But you had to essentially reserve a park with FPs, I really don't see how this is any different from that.

This is why I don't get why some people seem to have such a large problem with it. Other than APs who have a limit to how many they can hold at a time, that frustration I totally understand. But you had to essentially reserve a park with FPs, I really don't see how this is any different from that.
Exactly. I had my dining and FP booked months in advance. Disney knew where I was going anyway!

But we are at a point, that if we had FP at AK but it was raining cats and dogs, we would might say let's just go to MK and wing it. If we got too wet., BLT is much closer. With the park reservations, we couldn't do that.

But it does potentially make dining reservations difficult with park hopping times and what not. If I want to book a lunch at 1:00 for a different park than I started the day I’m, not possible. There’s lots of scenarios where it’s restrictive. Not the end of the world but a hassle nonetheless.
But the park hopping time is pretty lame.... needs to be noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter