Elsa Costume no where to be found BUT what about Anna?

MomofIndigo

Mouseketeer
So we are surprising DD with a birthday trip in.... a week! :woohoo: So excited!!!!!!!

Like others she fell in love with Frozen. We went and saw it 2x at the theater She listens to the soundtrack religiously on the way to school, on the way home, and before she goes to bed. :rolleyes1

After reading all the posts about not finding costumes I jinxed myself telling DH just a couple of days ago, "I am so glad she has not asked for one of those costumes."

Well lo and behold on the way to school today she says, "MOM!!! For my birthday I want one thing. I want a Anna princess dress." oh DEFLATE. I was so glad she didnt see me cringe. Really???? I know it was bound to happen and inside I probably was expecting it but really hoping that if I kept silent it would not cross her mind to think of it. NOPE!:headache:

Does anyone know if there are Anna dresses in the parks right now or are they gone just like Elsa dresses?

I don't know about in the parks, but I have seen than Anna merchandise in general is MUCH easier to come by than Elsa. Everyone loves Elsa, so you may be in luck that your daughter wants the Anna dress. You might try to find the Anna dress online before your trip that way you are not at the mercy of what they have in stock at WDW.

So we are surprising DD with a birthday trip in.... a week! :woohoo: So excited!!!!!!!

Like others she fell in love with Frozen. We went and saw it 2x at the theater She listens to the soundtrack religiously on the way to school, on the way home, and before she goes to bed. :rolleyes1

After reading all the posts about not finding costumes I jinxed myself telling DH just a couple of days ago, "I am so glad she has not asked for one of those costumes."

Well lo and behold on the way to school today she says, "MOM!!! For my birthday I want one thing. I want a Anna princess dress." oh DEFLATE. I was so glad she didnt see me cringe. Really???? I know it was bound to happen and inside I probably was expecting it but really hoping that if I kept silent it would not cross her mind to think of it. NOPE!:headache:

Does anyone know if there are Anna dresses in the parks right now or are they gone just like Elsa dresses?
Based on what I've seen and read, Anna costumes are not hard to find! :thumbsup2

Thank your lucky stars she doesn't want an Elsa!

Both Anna and Elsa are currently available at the Disney Store online. The Disney parks dresses in the parks I have heard are a lot more hit and miss both Anna and Elsa are hard to get. It might be worth it to order an Anna dress from the Disney Store and have it express shipped. You can always return it if you find the right size Anna in a Disney parks dress and like it better.

If you have a Disney store near you, our Disney store had both Anna and Elsa dresses in stock last weekend. In addition to the regular $50 Anna dress, they also had a limited edition $199 Anna dress if you want to go nuts. That dress is gorgeous in person. It is sold out online already.

We found both Anna and Elsa, the official Disney Store dresses at JCPenney at our local mall.

We had bought the Elsa dress at the Disney Store, and then saw the same thing for like $20 cheaper at Penney's. Bought Anna there.

While I cringed she asked for an Anna dress, I was slightly relieved that she did not ask for Elsa. No way am I paying the Ebay prices for that.

She has been frozen everything for a couple of weeks now so I thought by now we were in the clear. So random that she just now decided. I will see what DH says about it tonight and see if we want to fork over the cash to express ship it or just take our chances in the park.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Anna dress are at jc penny for like 25 bucks...atleast at my jcpenny they have a whole Disney section

We returned Monday after a weeks stay and did not see an Anna or Elsa costume for sale the entire time we were there. Countless people stopped us to ask where we got my daughters from. We purchased the LE of both the Anna and Elsa Cyber Monday with the 25% off. They are gorgeous!
47110A68_zpsc9eb3c57.jpg

image_zps697d4c98.jpg

Good luck in your quest. My daughter felt very special dressed like the new princesses.

If you get desperate and have a Kmart near you take a look there. They have $20 Anna & Elsa dresses. Not the quality of the Disney store ones, but it might be worth having as a back up in case you can't find the other one.

Piraterunner: HOLY COW those costumes are awesome. Your girls looks so great!

We are not desperate. If we can't get it, then we just explain that maybe we work really hard and earn that dress because the trip itself was the present. Plus I have small things to give like a nightgown, a crown, some figurines, new earrings, drawing pads w/ new pencils (plan ride) etc... so its not that this dress would be the only thing she gets ON TOP of the trip itself. Just this is the only thing she has actually asked for.

I think we will take our chances though and see what we can find when we go to the parks. I am reluctant to bring it up again or steer her in the direction of the dress because I know what will come next. If I can just keep her occupied and then ea. day give her small gifts then hopefully the dress will be put on the back burner of her mind. hoping :rolleyes1

Yes, and I tried to order the ELSA costume, but DisneyStore website is saying "The product you have selected cannot be purchased at this time."

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I ordered one for my niece on Thursday and they had them available at that time. Hopefully they'll get more in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter