Elsa dress - where to buy?

BelleQ

Earning My Ears
I need suggestions on an Elsa dress for my neice to wear for one day in the parks. We are going last week of April 2015 and suprising my neice with a trip reveal on her birthday in late March. I have planned a Princess Day for her during our trip where first thing at 8a.m. she has a reservation at Bibbidi Bobbidi in MK, then spending time in Fantasyland and eating lunch at BOG. Then we have reservations at Akeershus at 5 in Epcot so we may spend some time in the evening there. We will probably have an afternoon break if she needs a rest. So my question is:
Where to get an Elsa dress that will hold up? I wanted to buy her the $50 dress at the Disney Store online - it is gorgeous! But the reviews say that it starts ripping at the seams even after wearing it once. I want her dress to hold up for a day in the parks and not be too uncomfortable. I was going to buy the dress and give it to her on her birthday with the trip reveal. Should I just have someone handmake her one that I may can depend on to be more sturdy? Anyone have any experience with the Disney Store Elsa dress?

Two of my girls have the Elsa dresses from the Disney Store and they have worn them multiple times without issue. One of them wore it to go trick-or-treating and even asked to wear it to daycare the other day! LOL - I haven't said yes to that yet, because I want her to have it for our trip to WDW in March. However, she did wear it for a few hours at daycare for their Halloween party. They wear them numerous times for playing at home, so they are definitely USED in our house. They are PERFECT still! Go for the DS dress. :thumbsup2

The DS dress is gorgeous but doesn't have a zipper so if your kid is trying to put it on without help, they could easily rip a seam.

My DD is crazy hard on clothing and her Elsa dress is holding strong.

My 3 year old has the Elsa dress from the Disney Store and it has held up extremely well! Much better than the dresses from Target or Wal-mart!

You could also make a dress, if you're inclined. One of the grandmas used the Elsa dress pattern to make my oldest an Elsa dress but with Elsa and Anna fabric to wear to school. (Sans cape.)

We have an Elsa dress from the Disney store inside JC Penney, and it's held up well. It's similar to the regular Disney Store dress and not like the Target/Walmart versions.

I got this one for my daughter for Christmas from Little Dress Up Shop. I just couldn't bring myself to pay the price for the Disney one especially with some of the reviews. The Little Dress Up Shop one is made of soft fabric and seems to be a great quality. Plus it's cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter