• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Email about dues autopay

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
This morning I received an Email reminding me that I have auto-pay of my dues and that MS will be taking out X amount on the first of September. That was very nice of them to remind me, but I haven't forgotten for the last 22 years of membership, that's well over 200 times they've used auto-pay, but they've never felt the need to remind me until now. Did anyone else get this reminder? I wonder what happened that they suddenly feel the need to remind us. Can you think of a reason?

IMO, it is an enhancement. I get these types for all my accounts that I auto pay whether it’s CC or auto lease payments.

While I do not need it, I think it’s nice they are doing it because there could be people out there who prefer to have the documentation and the reminder.

We got it too. I was a little surprised but at the end of the day it is just another email.

I’ve been getting them off and on for the last 18 months or so; it’s never every month, it seems to be at random intervals….it always makes me clutch just a bit when I see that email show up, like I forgot something and I’m getting into trouble 😝

We haven't gotten any despite being on autopay, presumably because we're paid in full now. If we get them next year, I'll think of them as a reminder to buy discounted GCs and pay them before the debit hits our bank account.

This appears to be a fairly new development. I started receiving them earlier this year, and before then never got one, despite using automatic monthly withdrawal for over two decades. Since its creation, they have never been able to fix the website to make it usually work properly for making reservations, but when it comes to taking your money and preventing you from using resale points, they have been right on top of it all the time.

We haven't gotten any despite being on autopay, presumably because we're paid in full now. If we get them next year, I'll think of them as a reminder to buy discounted GCs and pay them before the debit hits our bank account.
Can dues be paid with Disney gift cards? I've never thought to buy discounted cards and do this....

Can dues be paid with Disney gift cards? I've never thought to buy discounted cards and do this....
Oh yes indeed! When on the dues page, you need to click Make a Payment (then Pay by Contract if you have more than one contract), then just follow on down the page. You can pay with Disney Visa, Disney GC, or Disney Visa Rewards Card. We usually buy Disney GCs from Target with our Red Card to get the 5% discount, and we watch for GC sales as well. We pay them down through the year, and then once paid off we keep paying so when next year's bill comes in we'll have a credit balance.

FYI…I am still getting the error when I go in. But, I followed the advice to load a different part of the site, and try again. It worked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter