Email code denied

bethyg

Mouseketeer
Wanted to get some thoughts from the group. We are scheduled for HHI May 27-June 2. I received an email PIN # for that time period. I was told by CRO these codes would not apply for HHI since it "technically" wasn't disney.

Has anyone ever used codes to book at a DVC? I'm going to call tomorrow and try another CM to see if I have better luck. It seems to me that if you travel during the dates specified, that the codes should be good on all disney properties. I know several times we have received postcards with PIN # for a value resort special, and when I called, was given similar discounts to upgrade to a mod or deluxe.

Any thoughts?

that's a good question! I've never tried doing that before but I think your idea of trying a different CM is a good one. Ask to speak to a supervisor too. I don't think I've ever seen an email code for HHI or for VB but I also don't think I've seen where any of the specifically exclude those resorts in the fine print.

Let us know what you find out! Hope it works for you!

Hilton Head island--I have seen post cards when they promote HHI and VBR--I would ask to speak with a supervisor--or guest services.

Hilton Head DVC is definitely a Disney resort, but your PIN and code might be limited to WDW resorts.

I've never heard of anyone being able to use a code rate at HHI. I always assumed they were only good for Walt Disney World resorts. I know people have gotten code rates on DVC resorts at WDW on occassion, though they aren't as frequent as rooms at non-DVC resorts.

Karen

There may be some kind of code for HHI. I do seem to remember that I got an insert for good rates with the Disney VISA card recently (perhaps as recent as last month).

magsmom said:
There may be some kind of code for HHI. I do seem to remember that I got an insert for good rates with the Disney VISA card recently (perhaps as recent as last month).

Thanks for the info. That offer was only through early May.

Have you thought about renting points DVC for your stay? Would that come out to be less expensive?

I would bet that there are NO code rooms available for that period at HH. HH is pretty full that time of the year. There are several wait list threads on the DVC board. So while it is technically Disney.... why should they discount if they can sell at full price? (And it's a holiday weekend which pretty much gurantees they can sell at full price!)

Remeber codes are subject to avaiable rooms... just because you have a code doesn't mean Disney has the room that you want on the date you want at the rate you want.

If you read the fine print on your email it probably has some disclaimer that the number of rooms are limited and/or may not be available at all resorts....They do occasionally run specials for HHI and VB, but since your dates are in peak season (Memorial Day Weekend) at HHI, I think it is a pretty safe bet they won't have discounted rooms available.

Disney frequently does not offer discounted rooms at specific resorts (WDW or otherwise)....last fall they did not offer AP rates for certain periods at the CR or YC & BC....it is strictly a supply and demand issue...if they have very few or no rooms available at a property for certain dates they are certainly not going to discount what few rooms are left...it would not suprise me if HHI is sold out for Memorial Day Weekend already and so there would be no rooms to discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter