• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Email Disney Gift Card

andee515

DIS Veteran
I have used these to pay off my package ($500 Target gc’s) Now I would like to buy gc for trip. I generally just pay with Magic Band and every few days go down and pay my balance, has anyone done that with emails? How’d that work? Or should I buy hard cards?

I have used these to pay off my package ($500 Target gc’s) Now I would like to buy gc for trip. I generally just pay with Magic Band and every few days go down and pay my balance, has anyone done that with emails? How’d that work? Or should I buy hard cards?
I buy the email Disney gift cards at Target.com all the time, then when I get the email from Target that the gift card has arrived, I log into the Disney gift card website and combine them onto a physical card that I take with me on vacation.

Then I can use that physical card to pay for stuff at the front desk or out in the parks!

Hope that helps!

I used them all the time also. Paid dues with email gift cards from Target and Sam's last month without any issues. Transfer them to a physical GC so I can use the left over funds for tickets or park purchases.

I use the Target emails that lead to the QR code. I screenshot each QR code and show it at front desk upon check in to pay for room. They input the numbers from the screenshots for payment. I don’t use physical gift cards and I don’t bother combining unless I want to.

I received a email Disney GC directly from Disney for Christmas.
I can't go on Disney site and convert this to a hard card, can I? How can it be done with Target but not actual Disney?
ggggrrrrrrr
Thanks.

I can't go on Disney site and convert this to a hard card, can I? How can it be done with Target but not actual Disney?
ggggrrrrrrr
Thanks.
Do you already have a hard card on hand you can transfer it to? If so you can do that on Disney gift card web site.

Do you already have a hard card on hand you can transfer it to? If so you can do that on Disney gift card web site.
To add to this...if you don't have any physical gift cards (they can also be used/empty ones), just go to your local store and buy a lower-value Disney Gift Card (like a $25 one) and then use that on the Disney GC website to add/combine all of your digital/e-mail gift cards. You can transfer/combine up to $1,000 onto a single physical Disney GC via the website.

ggggrrrrrrr
Thanks.
As stated above: add a hard card to your mydisneycard account, then add the eDGC to your account and transfer everything to the hard card., The limit to any card transfer is $1000. No card can hold more than $1000. So if you loaded an old hard card that has $600 on it and tried to add a $500 eDGC, that is a No-Go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter